Mass flooding in Townsville and FNQ

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just took myself and the old lady and whatever chargers we could find to the nearest Zarraffas to charge all our phones and devices
Good luck when we had storms a few years back we got to day 7 without power, with a house full of kids was fucking painful

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most dams are 100% at the spillway, so if water is pouring 2m over the spillway then the dam is over capacity.
They are purposely built that way for flood mitigation
I understand that part - that's how dams can be past 100% capacity. But over 200%?

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
The gates out at the Dam have now been opened completely and there are some suburbs that are in total deep shit now and that includes my brother his partner and their almost 3 year olds

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The gates out at the Dam have now been opened completely and there are some suburbs that are in total deep shit now and that includes my brother his partner and their almost 3 year olds
Thats fucked, they should let it overflow slowly rather than sink the joint.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats fucked, they should let it overflow slowly rather than sink the joint.
That much rain, dam walls will collapse and have a epic wave wipe the joint out
They have to release what they’re releasing to avoid a major feck up

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Crocodiles now floating around the suburban areas of Townsville... FUCK THAT!!

That much rain, dam walls will collapse and have a epic wave wipe the joint out
They have to release what they’re releasing to avoid a major feck up
Like in Brazil!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They sure do. They will never let that train die. Lol
Kuranda is a beautiful spot. Not so enjoyable with all this rain, but it's very lush and green at least.
One of my sisters is in brissie and she says the same. Global weather patterns are totally out of whack!! But with people like trump in power, his head thoroughly stuck in the sand, we will struggle to make any significant change. I digress.
That swipe at Trump is was unnecessary. #hatespeech

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Crocodiles now floating around the suburban areas of Townsville... FUCK THAT!!

Like in Brazil!
To be expected though. I recall being in Mackay after a particularity severe rain event (tail of a cyclone), and next day there was a saltie in my uncle's backyard (about 2 - 3 km from the nearest mangrove where they normally hang out). That one scared the shit out of, well, everyone.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was there any warning of how bad it was going to get? Seems like it was a freak flood that nobody saw coming..
Only saying that because the last time Australia had anything close to this it was 24/7 televised by cochie and the sunrise team

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Was there any warning of how bad it was going to get? Seems like it was a freak flood that nobody saw coming..
Only saying that because the last time Australia had anything close to this it was 24/7 televised by cochie and the sunrise team
I got at least 3 Flood Warning Text Messages over the last few days. Although some parts of Townsville copped it bad, it wasn’t so bad around where the Stadium is

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if the dam is at 226% capacity my recommendation is for everyone to take extended showers and wash your cars

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got at least 3 Flood Warning Text Messages over the last few days. Although some parts of Townsville copped it bad, it wasn’t so bad around where the Stadium is
I feel for you all down there!! We have had shiploads of rain up here too, but no flooding like you have. Just awful. Lucky you have half of Australia's army based there to help out.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That swipe at Trump is was unnecessary. #hatespeech
Then you are going love this one! Trump is an oxygen theif. How any society managed to vote a racist bigot like him into power is beyond me. He is so completely out of touch with where the world is right now and where it needs to go. His biggest concern is building a fucking wall along the Mexico border for fuck sake. Billions and billions of dollars that could be spent on, gee I don't know, a free healthcare system or something??
Hope you enjoyed this unnecessary (very necessary) swipe at thatpiece of shit running the USA!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Poor fucks will be swamped for at least a week

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Then you are going love this one! Trump is an oxygen theif. How any society managed to vote a racist bigot like him into power is beyond me. He is so completely out of touch with where the world is right now and where it needs to go. His biggest concern is building a fucking wall along the Mexico border for fuck sake. Billions and billions of dollars that could be spent on, gee I don't know, a free healthcare system or something??
Hope you enjoyed this unnecessary (very necessary) swipe at thatpiece of shit running the USA!!
You're being unrealistic First of all there's no such thing as free healthcare and secondly it's not a purchase like a wall is, it's an ongoing cost . If that's your biggest issue with Trump apart from not liking his personal attributes then it's a very weak reason to keep having a swipe at him.