The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This for sure. Patterson at 6. The kid has all the talent in the world.

Pucovski is a huge talent but struggling off the field
Yeh he looks great. I believe he has played Sri Lanka in 4 innings in the last month for 3 centuries and not out 3 times. Not bad going. Khawaja would be the first one dropped when we get back Warner and Smith next month imo. And then either Labuschagne or Harris. You wouldnt be dropping Head or Burns hey. So no choice. And for sure Warner and Smith walk back into the side.

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh he looks great. I believe he has played Sri Lanka in 4 innings in the last month for 3 centuries and not out 3 times. Not bad going. Khawaja would be the first one dropped when we get back Warner and Smith next month imo. And then either Labuschagne or Harris. You wouldnt be dropping Head or Burns hey. So no choice. And for sure Warner and Smith walk back into the side.
Yep Khawaja is the last person to take over to england, the guy is pretty ordinary against a moving ball.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think this malarkey involving his brother is affecting him?
Oh yeah it would have to be, he usually is very solid in our conditions. I am most likely been a little unfair just picking him out, most of our batting order struggle in english like conditions. We have sent some decent teams over there since our last win in 01 and they have all come back empty handed.

Last edited:

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Burns/Warner/Smith/Patterson/Head all but confirmed to be 5 of the top 6 for the first Ashes test. It will be interesting to see who gets the other spot. Khawaja probably has the inside track followed by Labuschagne, but Renshaw, Marsh or Stoinis could also get picked. Possibly even Harris with Burns shifting to #3? It will be interesting to watch the back end of the Shield season to see who puts their hand up.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s great that our boys stood up and got big hundreds. But I reckon you could find a better attack in Sydney first grade then what Sri Lanka are putting out.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it’s great that our boys stood up and got big hundreds. But I reckon you could find a better attack in Sydney first grade then what Sri Lanka are putting out.
Not to mention the road there playing on

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, realistically, there would be about 18 overs max left in the day, taking into account a change of innings.

When do we declare? Does Tim Payne have runs/lead, or timing in mind? How much is he just letting Uzi bat to see if he is Ashes-worthy?

Lead is currently 470-odd, so the match is well and truly over.

Surely we will be having a crack at Sri Lanka for half a dozen overs before stumps?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Khawaja on 99, Aussie team ready to come out to get ready to field.

About 12 overs bowling tonight, but its also looking pretty dark out there - the Lankans will take the light for sure.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Haha as soon as we burn khawaja for being shit he comes out and gets 100 not out. Maybe we should have burned him sooner lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha as soon as we burn khawaja for being shit he comes out and gets 100 not out. Maybe we should have burned him sooner lol
Against a defeated Sri Lanka though. :grinning: Depending on how the back end of the shield season goes, he may just have saved his test career and his ticket for England.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Against a defeated Sri Lanka though. :grinning: Depending on how the back end of the shield season goes, he may just have saved his test career and his ticket for England.
I suppose they are going to take more than 11 to England so he may have booked a spot. Whether he starts we shall she. He def left it late to book his flight lol.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Khawaja deserves to be in the team for the first Ashes test.... 100 percent. People said he couldn’t play spin before he played a match saving knock in the UAE. His record is very good and it’s not like he has played a lot in England. I’m really glad he tonned up today. I think he has way more of a chance of offering value in England than Labushit or Marcus “let’s have a wild swing outside of off stump” Harris.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Pretty sure we go above the poms in rankings now after this series win and the flogging they copped in the Windies lol

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
England cant even beat the west indies. Makes me feel a lot better.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
England cant even beat the west indies. Makes me feel a lot better.
That was hilarious how flogged they got but make no mistake, england in their own backyard and the ashes up for grabs, they will lift another gear, they always do over there.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 man ashes squad
Paine
Cummins
Head
Smith
Warner
Burns
Harris
Patterson