News Soward's Power Rankings: Best halves combinations in 2019

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol hate him because he offered an opinion (and a fair one at that). Can't say I remember Lewis kicking long off the top of my head. I'm not sure if Foran can actually kick a ball also.
If youre lolling at me then nah I just hate the Milkman not his opinion.

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
If youre lolling at me then nah I just hate the Milkman not his opinion.
Love his comment about not being so excited about a positional move since Lockyer moved to 5/8th and that was about the same time he was moved to the wing when his team were defending

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking back I wonder if I really appreciated having the big kicking game of Anasta and the short kicking of Sherwin

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same problem when we had Moses doing the bulk of our long kicking. Really need a reliable second and even third kicking option.
If Lichaa can learn how to dink a lil grubber in that would be nice. Sure the kid has it in him FCUK!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does he rate the Knights second when Ponga is untested in the halves, he was one of their strengths at fullback and probably should of stayed there.
The Knights and Dogs are untested dark horses this year and remain under the radar, not sure Klemmer can make enough difference to lift them into the eight.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty fair i reckon except for knights

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Soward a closet manly supporter or did he just not watch Elgey play at all last year!

I'm happy to be near last in these sorts of things. The last thing we need is anyone talking us up in the media. Was pretty much where we belong anyway, although apart from the top 5, I reckon most pairings are similar to ours in ability.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** rash
Shouldn’t even be mentioned on this forum.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't agree with alot of his ratings. But I don't really care about his opinion either. Bring on the season and we'll see how things go.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not clicking on a smh link. Can someone post the article here please.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good one Sowie.... 5 seconds of reserach would tell you that the Warriors 2019 halves are Keighran and Green. Was anonunced by the club / coach the other day.

Therefore can't take anything in this article with more than a grain of salt.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his rating is understandable because no one has really seen these two play many games. foran has been in and out and Lewis is still young and new. But, sowards assessment of our halves is absolutely rubbish.

He is supposed to be ranking the best halves not predicting which halves combo will work or not. Okay Foran has been injured but So has Mitch Pearce and Adam Reynolds in the past yet his assessment of then hasn’t been affected. Everyone knows Foran is a top half and has a record that speaks for itself. He is way better half than most others on the list above him. Again, Soward is missing the point. He should have based his assessment on a fit and firing Foran (Which is what he did for Pearce)

And then he talks about Lewis’ kicking game. Wth. That is only one factor concerning a halfback. He is ignoring the fact that Lewis has only had a few games under his belt and has a better win record against most other halves above on the list. This is more significant than ‘can he kick long’.

If Soward actually looked at Foran and Lewis as players rather than make assumptions they would have been higher on the list

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This list actually shows how hard it is to have both a top level 6 and 7.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think his rating is understandable because no one has really seen these two play many games. foran has been in and out and Lewis is still young and new. But, sowards assessment of our halves is absolutely rubbish.

He is supposed to be ranking the best halves not predicting which halves combo will work or not. Okay Foran has been injured but So has Mitch Pearce and Adam Reynolds in the past yet his assessment of then hasn’t been affected. Everyone knows Foran is a top half and has a record that speaks for itself. He is way better half than most others on the list above him. Again, Soward is missing the point. He should have based his assessment on a fit and firing Foran (Which is what he did for Pearce)

And then he talks about Lewis’ kicking game. Wth. That is only one factor concerning a halfback. He is ignoring the fact that Lewis has only had a few games under his belt and has a better win record against most other halves above on the list. This is more significant than ‘can he kick long’.

If Soward actually looked at Foran and Lewis as players rather than make assumptions they would have been higher on the list
I' argue that Lewis has the best long kicking game we've had in a while anyway

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis has a nice long kick an ok bomb and mediocre short kicking game. I can see him improving in all these areas given a full pre-season. I liked the look of Coggers ability to grubber for repeat sets but he can’t kick long.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lewis does have a short kicking game (in lower grades), but was getting the basics right last year.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I actually think that Lewis has a great kicking game, especially for first year and taking into account he will improve every year. I wonder how many of our games he actually watched based on that comment.