News Sue impresses Jackson

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said, unfortunately it took for him to spend 8 weeks on the sideline injured for the majority of our fanbase to understand what he brings to the team.

His defence is as good as any middle forward in the competition. He reads the play beautifully, communicates effectively with the line, and never gives up. As you said - our middle was lost without him last year while he was injured.

Sure, he's not dragging defenders with him in attack but I thought his yardage last year was fine and was going forward 10 metres with the majority of his carries which is good. 150m-250m combined with 35+ tackles week after week in the middle is definitely easier said than done.
Definitely agree. Tolman is an integral part of the team. I am just so glad that some of the posters on here are not selectors. He is always the first prop selected and I think the Dogs people know better than anyone on here.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A player swap for tapau would be great!!
It would be more than great, it would be a steal! Sue wouldnt be on half the money Tapau is.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but Hasler loves Tolman that much he would pay overs for him
nah Des would only pay overs when he was the dogs coach. Hes not trying to sabotage Manly.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A player swap for tapau would be great!!
Why would the club even consider swapping a 80 minute full on player like Tolman, for someone who is knocked up and goes missing after 20 minutes?

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wish we still had Klemmer but with this guy atleast there would of been someone to gee up with him

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind the team that Pay is so called building, he barely suits anything. No power, speed, footwork, offload, etc..he's there on attitude and experience. Go find me a top team that has a Tolman that plays big minutes, it doesn't exist. This toiler excuse that people come up with is garbage.
James Graham, Paul Gallan, James Tamou, Matt Prior, Tim Mannah...list goes on...

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would the club even consider swapping a 80 minute full on player like Tolman, for someone who is knocked up and goes missing after 20 minutes?

Well if you look at the pack pay is building towards Tolman does not fit that bill!!

If the offer was there for a straight swap I think the club would jump at the chance.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish we still had Klemmer but with this guy atleast there would of been someone to gee up with him
Klemmer and Napa would have been a premiership winning combo. Fcukn spewin.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer and Napa would have been a premiership winning combo. Fcukn spewin.
Klemmer only played aggressive football in rep games once he was established. I'm not sure if he's going to fire up for the knights.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well if you look at the pack pay is building towards Tolman does not fit that bill!!

If the offer was there for a straight swap I think the club would jump at the chance.
I have no problem for a swap, but definitely not for Taupau. Pay is trying to build a more mobile pack. Taupau does not fit that bill.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no problem for a swap, but definitely not for Taupau. Pay is trying to build a more mobile pack. Taupau does not fit that bill.
Taupau is highly over-rated in my opinion. If you have a sensational pack and can afford to throw him in for impact he's ok. But the NRL commentators these days love a glory hound and he fits that bill.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer only played aggressive football in rep games once he was established. I'm not sure if he's going to fire up for the knights.
I did like Klemmer for his go forward buy that’s it. but glad his gone. He had some bad points I didn’t like. Not going to miss him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did like Klemmer for his go forward buy that’s it. but glad his gone. He had some bad points I didn’t like. Not going to miss him.
A part of me wonders if his reduced aggression at club level was a result of having a hooker that wasn't great at ball distribution. But it did annoy me seeing him lift his game for rep teams. I don't know what kind of coin he was on. But assuming that it was a decent chunk of our cap, I'll be happy to see the money spent on other more crucial positions.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolmans there because he's safe and you know what you will get. Once others step up surely that's the end of him?

I defenitely think it's something mental, so many times Fualalo for the ball he would sort of stop and look around instead of just charging onto the ball.
Tolman is only there because of the $750k odd backended contract, bottom line purely an accounting selection. He’s a plodder on rep forward’s money.
Fualalo to be the big improver & mover this season.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A part of me wonders if his reduced aggression at club level was a result of having a hooker that wasn't great at ball distribution. But it did annoy me seeing him lift his game for rep teams. I don't know what kind of coin he was on. But assuming that it was a decent chunk of our cap, I'll be happy to see the money spent on other more crucial positions.
Yeah I’m glad his gone. For one it was his choice good riddens, $$$$ thats him now. And secondly there are some good young forwards like sue in the squad that hopefully might off load the ball.

Last edited:

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Problem is there is no real superstar, but if they hunt in a pack and play equally strong