Pay day coming article -The Roar

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Without Pay against St George we don’t go any further in 95. He took on Tallis, Stevens and Barnhill by himself that day. Tallis was intent on causing havoc but Pay sorted him out. I still remember when the scrum brawl broke out and spilled over the sideline and the commentary saying “Pay’s run 40 or 50 metres to have a lash at Tallis.”
Defense was what won it for us in 1995, and Pay was the leader of that pack. Others such as Relf, Britt, Gillies, even Mitch Newton were also great and seasoned veterans. Nothing was going to take that away from us. We dominated every game thereafter by our defense - smashed Brisbane, humiliated Canberra, and Manly couldn't breach our brick wall. THOSE WERE THE DOGS OF MOTHER-FUCKING WAR!!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Once Woods fucked off we started to play a lot better. As long as the off field dramas haven't affected the group we should (hopefully) have a decent run this year.
Woods will go down as one of the worst signings in bulldogs history for mine his attitude was like cancer for our side last year and the proof of that was how much we improved after he fucked off, Klemmer will one day regret listening to his "mate"

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defense was what won it for us in 1995, and Pay was the leader of that pack. Others such as Relf, Britt, Gillies, even Mitch Newton were also great and seasoned veterans. Nothing was going to take that away from us. We dominated every game thereafter by our defense - smashed Brisbane, humiliated Canberra, and Manly couldn't breach our brick wall. THOSE WERE THE DOGS OF MOTHER-FUCKING WAR!!!
Im sure Gillies was intent on knocking himself stupid too. He would have been sent off to HIA in the first 5 minutes and not returned in today's game.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the brick with eyes ran into a brick wall and came of second best. I like it !
It was the best. He didnt know what happened to him, clutching his chest like a heart attack.
Maybe he heard his sternum crack? :laughing:

Wahesh

Reaction score
It was the best. He didnt know what happened to him, clutching his chest like a heart attack.
Maybe he heard his sternum crack? :laughing:
Rib Cartilage injury. His first hit-up of the game was also his last.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rib Cartilage injury. His first hit-up of the game was also his last.
Haha yeah, I remember the hit - Think it was the 4th tackle of the game?
I thought it was a sternum injury for some reason instead of rib cartilage haha

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha yeah, I remember the hit - Think it was the 4th tackle of the game?
I thought it was a sternum injury for some reason instead of rib cartilage haha
I still remember he was down for a few seconds. In today's game they would've immediately called time off.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Good article, obviously with blue and white goggles on which is fine and every team and supporter has the right to be optimistic before a ball is kicked off in a season.

I don't like the 95 comparisons though. It's 2019 the games evolved from what it was when we won in 95 or 04. If the aim is trying to build the mentality and attitude of those teams then yes all for it.
You can never compare 95. We had been minor premiers the last 2 seasons. We had a great team, that just got off to a poor season start. The quality was always there. No different to winning in 2004. We had 3 good years in the years before it. These things rarely happen overnight.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The most disappointing thing about last year was the lack of bite from the forward pack. I expected to see and aggressive defense and a few broken ribs. That didnt happen. Last year the game changed with the spine especially with 9 and 7 being less robotic and more running. I think pay got caught out planning for previous styles. We were bad but lost some very close games, we win half of the close games and we finish close to 8th. I think this year we adapt and will surprise. Tayta will be in the head lines again lol.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I that is a recent Pic of Dean pay then I must say even he has lost a bit of flab and looks a lot fitter IMO