Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m standing on a crowded silver train. In this heat in peak hour that seems like a nightmare right? WRONG. This baby’s A/C is cranked to the max. Thank you for this level of comfort @Ecca my brother <3
Mate, you got very lucky.

If it is any consolation, the A/C in the Drivers cab is patchy at best. (Except in the S Sets which have 2 settings, Desert or Arctic)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

If it is any consolation, the A/C in the Drivers cab is patchy at best. (Except in the S Sets which have 2 settings, Desert or Arctic)
It was like I was being in a Waratah train. When the doors opened you could literally feel the heat from a metre away though. That’s the power of humidity for ya.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

Do you know the driver who records his trips and uploads them to YouTube?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Do you know the driver who records his trips and uploads them to YouTube?
That's very stupid and dangerous on his. The driver should deadset have his eyes on the tracks. There could be someone trying to cross.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That's very stupid and dangerous on his. The driver should deadset have his eyes on the tracks. There could be someone trying to cross.
It's not hard to put his phone on the dash and leave it there.

What about people who use dash cams while driving?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People don’t try to cross tracks unless they are killing them self

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Natural selection will deal with these rascals
The problem is if a train driver nearly hits someone or something they need to stop the train and report, which In turn delays services.

Very selfish of these people.

There's spots where you can legally cross the tracks on the carlingford line.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The problem is if a train driver nearly hits someone or something they need to stop the train and report, which In turn delays services.

Very selfish of these people.

There's spots where you can legally cross the tracks on the carlingford line.
There's a stop in Ultimo you can cross the light-rail tracks. I remember once a driver stopped the train and rang to bell because he was due to go. He saw me waiting, but let me cross first. Nice bloke.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's a stop in Ultimo you can cross the light-rail tracks. I remember once a driver stopped the train and rang to bell because he was due to go. He saw me waiting, but let me cross first. Nice bloke.
You can cross the light rail tracks anywhere

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
South terrace bridge has been struck again.

Let me guess the bridge is a stupid racist Aussie for not being high enough?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
There's a spot just passed burwood where people cross the tracks to save time.

All the grafitti on the walls, how does it get there?
The graffiti writers know the system better than the workers trust me but yes still many have been killed on the tracks over the years.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The graffiti writers know the system better than the workers trust me but yes still many have been killed on the tracks over the years.
People think the bombers are just bored kids?

NOT TRUE.
A lot of people who tag up are in their 40's and still think it's 1992 and they're still 15! Lol

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
People think the bombers are just bored kids?

NOT TRUE.
A lot of people who tag up are in their 40's and still think it's 1992 and they're still 15! Lol
Maybe not the taggers as much in their 40’s. There are still quite a few of the better guys who still do pieces in their 40’s But yes there are guys in their 40’s that still get up on the streets. Instagram had a lot to do with people coming out of retirement.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe not the taggers as much in their 40’s. There are still quite a few of the better guys who still do pieces in their 40’s But yes there are guys in their 40’s that still get up on the streets. Instagram had a lot to do with people coming out if retirement.
Yes my bad those awesome pieces you see are generally done by an old man whose still cool because he grew up as a teen in the early 90's.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the eighties train drivers used to go on strike.
These days they have Commissions owned by the Government banning unions from striking.
The right to strike should be protected.