NRL Membership Numbers

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The schedule hasn’t done us many favours over the last few years with plenty of Thursday and Friday night games. We have a lot of Sunday home games this year so if we get off to a good start we should have some good crowds.
Yeah a good start that’s the key

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club has the bigger supporter base from my experience going to footie. I was always amazed how strong our club was with supporters at away games when the boys played well. I am looking forward to the dogs doing well this year and expecting doggies supporters to back them.
Yeah the away games have always been amazing
I still recall back in the eighties just how strong our support was
Our stadium issues haven’t helped over the years
Belmore outdated/good memories & location
Olympic stadium was never ideal either
The next 2 years all over the place

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah the away games have always been amazing
I still recall back in the eighties just how strong our support was
Our stadium issues haven’t helped over the years
Belmore outdated/good memories & location
Olympic stadium was never ideal either
The next 2 years all over the place
The eighties were crazy, loved the games at the syd cricket ground. Had great crowds there..
Your right we really haven’t had a ideal home which could look after our supporters. A ground to hold 40,000 would be ideal for us although I remember that semi game against para when we had 75,000 doggies and parr’s supporters.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The eighties were crazy, loved the games at the syd cricket ground. Had great crowds there..
Your right we really haven’t had a ideal home which could look after our supporters. A ground to hold 40,000 would be ideal for us although I remember that semi game against para when we had 75,000 doggies and parr’s supporters.
I thought years back we would be playing at a purpose built stadium
In our heartland with 35,000 capacity
That will never happen unfortunately
Can only hope the team excels in the future under Pay
We must have faith brother

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also remember Anz gold member, ANZ NRL passes and even RAS memberships all cheaper than our current cat 1 membership.

Gold member 750 renewal for all sporting events ANZ Nrl pass and RAS are 150 for adult and 50 for child. We're as the dog platinum member is 945 this year.

I went to every game at ANZ last I can at 5000 dogs support have these membership so they buy member package from the club.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought years back we would be playing at a purpose built stadium
In our heartland with 35,000 capacity
That will never happen unfortunately
Can only hope the team excels in the future under Pay
We must have faith brother
Ah I have I am confident this year after last few years were looking ok

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also remember Anz gold member, ANZ NRL passes and even RAS memberships all cheaper than our current cat 1 membership.

Gold member 750 renewal for all sporting events ANZ Nrl pass and RAS are 150 for adult and 50 for child. We're as the dog platinum member is 945 this year.

I went to every game at ANZ last I can at 5000 dogs support have these membership so they buy member package from the club.
Yeah that dog plat price is crazy.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The worst result there is the Roosters.....after winning the premiership you'd think they'd get a massive boost. About the same as last year....pathetic.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think after we play a few games there it really will ram home how shit games are at ANZ. The only thing bad about it is the location but the quality of the stadium easily makes it worthwhile.
Agreed, I am keen to see how Western Sydney Stadium goes.. It's much easier for me to get to so hopefully we get the supporters coming and play well there!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't believe it was just the winning or the losing, it was the way we played. Far too often it was just plain horrible to watch, it wasn't entertaining and it sure as hell wasn't how Bulldogs teams play. Over the last 2 years losing big name players hasn't helped either, every fan has a personal favourite player and popular players attract fans. Then we have the NRL pole with us 2nd favourite for the spoon, to add a little more to the negativity.

Win a few games, play Bulldogs football and they will come and watch.

Go Dogs
Yep. Totally agree. Watching a dull game that raises little in the way of exciting play - especially if it is one we had in the bag, then meekly surrendered in the dying moments - Canberra at Belmore comes to mind. Those performances lose existing fans, and do nothing to recruit new ones. Fans want to be motivated by the way their team performs. Something that makes them want to go to a game.

The off field antics are nothing to be proud of, either. I would never wear a Bulldogs jersey in public after the way we've been portrayed by the media, and the reaction from fans of other clubs. The shit just rolls off clubs like Easts, Cronulla and Souths, but we carry a bad smell wherever we go.

And we are domiciled in a part of Sydney where many people are just not Rugby League supporters. If our performances and supporter numbers continue to head south, we will come under pressure to be kicked out of the comp to make way for another interstate team. And don't expect the Bunnies to campaign for our reinstatement, as we did for them.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst result there is the Roosters.....after winning the premiership you'd think they'd get a massive boost. About the same as last year....pathetic.
Agree, i remember the first game of 2005 we played the Dragons..not sure of our membership numbers for that year but the crowd was well over 30k from memory

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree, i remember the first game of 2005 we played the Dragons..not sure of our membership numbers for that year but the crowd was well over 30k from memory
No one really cared about memberships back in those days I remember it was a massive thing when the club cracked 10k for the first time in 2010.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The pack merchandise needs to be better. Looks like it would sell for 2 dorra 50 cent and paddy market

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I don't believe it was just the winning or the losing, it was the way we played. Far too often it was just plain horrible to watch, it wasn't entertaining and it sure as hell wasn't how Bulldogs teams play. Over the last 2 years losing big name players hasn't helped either, every fan has a personal favourite player and popular players attract fans. Then we have the NRL pole with us 2nd favourite for the spoon, to add a little more to the negativity.

Win a few games, play Bulldogs football and they will come and watch.

Go Dogs
I put the loss of members down to a few things ...

Dessie’s tactics just bored everybody to tears , the team could be down 4 points with 5 to go, and were still playing percentage footy, no risks, not even a 50:50 bomb .. just running down the clock to another loss ..

Though the real killer has to be the scheduling , nein is always putting us on every Thursday night.. getting to Homebush is bad enough as it is, getting there on a Thursday night and having to work the next day is near impossible from the outer suburbs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra have a new stadium that most want to get seats for longterm...we havent even got a ground to play at beyond 2019...our club is nothing like it once was and if not for pokies we’d be in massive trouble...times are tough at the moment and look like staying that way for a while longer...im amazed we have 10,000 signed up tbh...we will stick with the club but it has never felt so low in my time...
agree the club is at a low ebb.
I think it is going to be a very long hard season for the club.
I'm waiitng to see what the NRL does with Napa before deciding just how big a pack of mugs we are.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
agree the club is at a low ebb.
I think it is going to be a very long hard season for the club.
I'm waiitng to see what the NRL does with Napa before deciding just how big a pack of mugs we are.
I agree with your comments. But I am confident that we will all see this year as the turning point on the field. god knows about off the field I guess it depends on what’s reported and what is not. I am encouraged by what the management has done in respect to our salary cap and playing group. Compared to last year we were a basket case then and everything was against us. This year looks like we have players which will compete for their positions and it appears we will be under the cap what a difference.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Of course what the previous fuktards done to the club will affect membership numbers, to think anything less is delusional! As stated earlier in the thread, it wasn't losing as much as it was the boring, negative footy that was being dished up. We weren't even in games from the start most of the last 2-3 years. 6 tackles of fat forward plays, we all know the horrors.

Obviously there has been massive issues with the membership team aswell with reading experiences on here. I've looked at the out of state memberships and they are a waste of hard to make dollars. Cheap crap items.

I do agree that wining and success will bring a lot of disgruntled fans back but the team and club have got to earn it back.

I think we are on the up and I think we will do some cheering this year, I am hopeful.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with your comments. But I am confident that we will all see this year as the turning point on the field. god knows about off the field I guess it depends on what’s reported and what is not. I am encouraged by what the management has done in respect to our salary cap and playing group. Compared to last year we were a basket case then and everything was against us. This year looks like we have players which will compete for their positions and it appears we will be under the cap what a difference.
I'm hopefull but not confident about the season.
We have a very inexperienced roster and a coach finding his way.

The Napa situation makes my blood boil.
We let Klemmer go with a whimper, sign Napa and now what?
He's going to rubbed out by the NRL just a question of how long?
I would of prefered to keep our pride and make Klemmer sit out the season or play ISP.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hopefull but not confident about the season.
We have a very inexperienced roster and a coach finding his way.

The Napa situation makes my blood boil.
We let Klemmer go with a whimper, sign Napa and now what?
He's going to rubbed out by the NRL just a question of how long?
I would of prefered to keep our pride and make Klemmer sit out the season or play ISP.
I am confident and can understand why your not. The fact we have an inexperienced roster is what exites me about this year. we can all want to have ready made players like the rorters and it paid off for them last year but for me they cheated anyway. I like the youth and enthusiasm these players will bring. just look at Lewis what his done for the team. Others their like Meanie will also surprise us this year. With Klemmer i first said on here he must stay then i thought well why keep someone that just wants to be with us just for money as we experienced last year till the club removed them. Napa was the same i didnt want him because the first thing i said was the refs will be on him for his tackling style. Now his enthusiasm alone to prove himself now can make him a lethal force in our team. My only worry if anything is who is is going to partner Lewis as we should not rely on Foran. I am looking forward to the season as i think most people have written the dogs off which they will surprise everyone in the first half off the season.