NRL Membership Numbers

berriesfan

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think our, quite frankly, incompetent membership department, is a big part of the problem.

I'm still waiting for my pack, and our first trial is less than 3 weeks away.
Thats the reason i will never sign up again. I got a membership a few years ago and never received my supporters pack . They said there is nothing they can do about it.
I will always support the team, just not financially anymore.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i handed my membership because of Dib, Rae and Des.. id like to rejoin, but unfortunately I have to many other commitments now ... but I would have never given it up if it weren't for those Muppets and I would still be a member now ..

I replaced that time going to games with other things now and its hard to fit it all in now..

I tried getting a flex 3 or 5, but they wouldn't let me sit with all me old mates at the ground so i reneged..

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parramatta is high due to the stadium.. I’ve said all along let’s bite the bullet and play there. Great facilities that will attract fans 30k stadium is perfect size for our club...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parramatta is high due to the stadium.. I’ve said all along let’s bite the bullet and play there. Great facilities that will attract fans 30k stadium is perfect size for our club...
I think after we play a few games there it really will ram home how shit games are at ANZ. The only thing bad about it is the location but the quality of the stadium easily makes it worthwhile.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If my calculations are correct in 2015 we were 7th, 2016 we were 6th, 2017 we were 12th (when Dib was still there) and 2018 we were 12th again.

Aside from that many other clubs have grown their memberships considerably between 2015 and 2018 whereas we have stayed about the same.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
View attachment 8990 View attachment 8991

Weve usually been towards the top of that list

So why are we so low in our member numbers especially given we are a new look Bulldogs on and off the field.

Still blame Hasler and everyone else associated with the club in 2017 for poor membership numbers in 2019?
Our current CEO and board have been milking the doom and gloom blame game milage for everything its worth to preserve their own hides.

2019 Membership is the current CEO's responsibility.

Capable people are in the job to do the job
Incapable people are in the job to keep the job.

Our CEO is the latter,
let's see how long it takes for the board to sack him and blame the old board for his appointment! Lol

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha these numbers are fudged harder than a chocolate factory. Souffs have over 27 thousand members do they? Do they get a minimum of half of that number to every game?

My brother in law is a souffs supporter and he bought a symbolic membership or whatever bullshit it is for his baby. I'll bet my balls they include that.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 8990 View attachment 8991

Weve usually been towards the top of that list

So why are we so low in our member numbers especially given we are a new look Bulldogs on and off the field.

Still blame Hasler and everyone else associated with the club in 2017 for poor membership numbers in 2019?
I am suprised with the membership number for the dogs. I think that our problems last year pissed off supporters. it also doesn’t help when we are being flogged by the press and the nrl. A club rebuilding and that has to go for membership as well and that’s a job that the admin should be focussing on.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha these numbers are fudged harder than a chocolate factory. Souffs have over 27 thousand members do they? Do they get a minimum of half of that number to every game?

My brother in law is a souffs supporter and he bought a symbolic membership or whatever bullshit it is for his baby. I'll bet my balls they include that.
In 2017 they had over 25k “members” yet their crowd average was 8k!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I was told they include pets as well

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yea, 18000 dog and budgie memberships, 8000 baby memberships and 1000 ticketed members. (8 babies for every souths fan sounds about right, no?)
And not a tooth amongst them.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, he bought one for his dog a couple of years ago. Don't know if they still do that one, though?
Membership means nothing Other than for the club financially. Having all those members like Souths then poor crowds means nothing. If we play well the dogs supporters will turn up for sure.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Membership means nothing Other than for the club financially. Having all those members like Souths then poor crowds means nothing. If we play well the dogs supporters will turn up for sure.
Your spot on mate
Souths supporters went to an average of 4 games last year
We are one of the most dedicated and passionate bunch in this crap league
Win a few games then we will see
20,000 members by game 1,not to shabby

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
& 3 game memberships too
Your spot on mate
Souths supporters went to an average of 4 games last year
We are one of the most dedicated and passionate bunch in this crap league
Win a few games then we will see
20,000 members by game 1,not to shabby
Our club has the bigger supporter base from my experience going to footie. I was always amazed how strong our club was with supporters at away games when the boys played well. I am looking forward to the dogs doing well this year and expecting doggies supporters to back them.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our club has the bigger supporter base from my experience going to footie. I was always amazed how strong our club was at away games when the boys played well. I am looking forward to the dogs doing well this year and expecting doggies supporters to back them.
The schedule hasn’t done us many favours over the last few years with plenty of Thursday and Friday night games. We have a lot of Sunday home games this year so if we get off to a good start we should have some good crowds.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think after we play a few games there it really will ram home how shit games are at ANZ. The only thing bad about it is the location but the quality of the stadium easily makes it worthwhile.
TBH I'd rather play at Allianz when complete as we have a rich history there with some memorable wins. Hopefully ANZ will be rebuilt in 2 years and we can enjoy better facilities.