Official CHN "The Bulldogs are heading in the right direction"

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are YOU serious, there are at least 6 or 7 far worse fullbacks in the NRL.

Go Dogs
Given that Holland is touted as our best starting Centre, & we have Hoppa & Meaney in line for Fullback, not to mention that Holland hasn’t played FB in ISP (Cerrutto) last season either, what are you on????? He’s been used as a fill in centre, wing, in the halves, hooker/utility off the bench. He’s a squad player jack of all trades master of none.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are you serious??? FMD Holland at best is a solid squad player yes he’s the best we have but that’s stating the obvious- wouldn’t make top 25 anywhere else.
You can keep spinning shit all you want like you always do, facts are that Holland was a massive threat with the ball in hand and generated plenty of points while combining well with Smith. If he kicks on and continues to improve is another matter.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Here’s the thing, you consider trying to avoid the wooden spoon to have been no pressure. Many would not agree with you, particularly those invokved. Plus pretty much every player was doing their utmost to avoid being cut. Or at the very least dropping down the pecking order.

There is always pressure in FG.

Go Dogs
Don't agree at all. There was fuck all pressure.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you serious??? FMD Holland at best is a solid squad player yes he’s the best we have but that’s stating the obvious- wouldn’t make top 25 anywhere else.
He finished the season as one of our best so maybe you missed those games

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould reportedly rates Holland pretty highly, so I'd argue that he would make the top 25 at Penrith. ItsI hard to judge any outside back when the halves setting up play for them aren't doing much. Let's hope that our 6&7 this year create more opportunities for our whole backline.

Sad really that this thread has become all about one player. And it's not even a player that is universally hated here. If two youngsters outperform Holland at centre I'm happy to see him shifted. But he's coming along well as he grows in confidence.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we all will be surprised come round 1..

My Guess

Meaney
JO
CHN
Hoppa
Smith

Holland May be 14
Holland on the bench your joking, Hoppa would be more suitable for a bench spot, Holland is a better centre than Hoppa who can be used anywhere in the backline and back row at a pinch.
I would start with. Hoppa Crighten Chn Holland
Smith
If Meaney proves himself he would go to Fb, and Hoppa on the bench.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland on the bench your joking, Hoppa would be more suitable for a bench spot, Holland is a better centre than Hoppa who can be used anywhere in the backline and back row at a pinch.
I would start with. Hoppa Crighten Chn Holland
Smith
If Meaney proves himself he would go to Fb, and Hoppa on the bench.
Like that,, although I think Meaney is going to surprise a lot of doggies supporters. I would have at fullback i am troubled with hoppa don’t know where he fits in.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Given that Holland is touted as our best starting Centre, & we have Hoppa & Meaney in line for Fullback, not to mention that Holland hasn’t played FB in ISP (Cerrutto) last season either, what are you on????? He’s been used as a fill in centre, wing, in the halves, hooker/utility off the bench. He’s a squad player jack of full trades master of none.
So what, there are still 6 or 7 worse fullbacks than Hopoate in the NRL. Just as there are at least the same or more worse than Holland at centre.

The fact is that’s the way the NRL works, a team is a balance of guns and average players. They can’t all be guns, not without cheating the salary cap anyway.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can keep spinning shit all you want like you always do, facts are that Holland was a massive threat with the ball in hand and generated plenty of points while combining well with Smith. If he kicks on and continues to improve is another matter.
You lost the little credibility you had when you claimed Holland was our most potent attack. WTF in all seriousness....

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You lost the little credibility you had when you claimed Holland was our most potent attack. WTF in all seriousness....
Holland was great at the end of last year. His combination with Smith was a nice surprise and helped us win games. I’m hoping he carries that form into this season as the the other side is a bit of a worry. I have a feeling Martin will be named at lock so we’ll need Holland’s goal kicking when Martin is off the field.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould reportedly rates Holland pretty highly, so I'd argue that he would make the top 25 at Penrith. ItsI hard to judge any outside back when the halves setting up play for them aren't doing much. Let's hope that our 6&7 this year create more opportunities for our whole backline.

Sad really that this thread has become all about one player. And it's not even a player that is universally hated here. If two youngsters outperform Holland at centre I'm happy to see him shifted. But he's coming along well as he grows in confidence.
The same Gould that sacked Cleary, then sacks Griffin 18mths later only to re-sign Cleary???????
The same Gould that has had the past 8 years the best rugby league talent catchment plus Panthers League club money & is yet to win them a premiership?
Don’t give too much lip service to anything he says these days.....

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys I think smith would have made any centre playing inside him look good towards the end of the year.

Holland reminds me of ben Harris

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like that,, although I think Meaney is going to surprise a lot of doggies supporters. I would have at fullback i am troubled with hoppa don’t know where he fits in.
Hoppa would miss out for R1 in my team. I'd be starting with CHN in the centres and Meaney at FB. My guess though is Pay will start with Hoppa in the centres.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa would miss out for R1 in my team. I'd be starting with CHN in the centres and Meaney at FB. My guess though is Pay will start with Hoppa in the centres.
Keen to see how CHN goes in the centres, but definitely Meaney at fullback. It’s good we have some options this year last year the cupboard was bare.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So when inu came to us mid season

We hadn't already named our top 30? Or 25 whatever it was back then
I actually don't think the rule existed back then. It's only changed in the last few years. Stupid rule anyway.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t know why people still go on about CHN playing centre. Not once does he mention training there in the video. Goes on and on about the forward pack but no mention of centre. Clearly he is going to be playing somewhere in the forward pack. Only time I see him playing in centres is if someone gets injured midgame

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Holland is needed for goal kicking as well.

Martin may not play full 80 all the time.

Not sure if Meaney kicks goals though.