Official CHN "The Bulldogs are heading in the right direction"

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont forget holland was a fullback now trying to learn how to defend in the centres, not easy to do ...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His attack was far more that "solid" while his defence was no worse than others that were previously in the same position.
Holland is fine given our current position, im happy to have him for now, just need to recruit another good centre until Harper is ready... Cotric would be the dream.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland is fine given our current position, im happy to have him for now, just need to recruit another good centre until Harper is ready... Cotric would be the dream.
I think we all will be surprised come round 1..

My Guess

Meaney
JO
CHN
Hoppa
Smith

Holland May be 14

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland was causing so many problems for the defence once he got a run. Breaking tackles, offloading, running great lines, etc. Typical Kennel when some people can't admit to that, bloke was arguably our biggest attacking spark last season.
100% on the money!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big question with Holland is will he bring that late year form into this season and own the position? He has earned the chance to start the year at centre weather he keeps it is another question and up to him.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The big question with Holland is will he bring that late year form into this season and own the position? He has earned the chance to start the year at centre weather he keeps it is another question and up to him.
He was a completely different player towards the end and when you think about it the whole team was different I’m tending to lean towards the inclusion of Lachie and his enthusiasm that was brought to the team and it rubbed off on the others. Holland showed skills I never thought he had some off his off loading was terrific.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hoppa is a classy player
Holland is someone trying to become a solid first grader.inunderstand he is prob the best we have at the moment but I hope the club haven't given up on a good mid season signing or have eyes on a young good prospect.
Do we get more cap to spend mid season?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He and Smith also combined well so that't another positive. If they aren't playing side by side this season then I honestly give up, we haven't had a decent centre/wing combo in years
Who would you pick for our other side.?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Agreed left centre is a worry. Hoppas no good at centre. Id like to see some young guys tried there in the trials and whoever stands up get the nod

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was a completely different player towards the end and when you think about it the whole team was different I’m tending to lean towards the inclusion of Lachie and his enthusiasm that was brought to the team and it rubbed off on the others. Holland showed skills I never thought he had some off his off loading was terrific.
Remember Lichaa's end of year form in 2017? He then went back to old ways the year after.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Players swap around and re shuffle mid season every bloody year..

You been hiding under a rock ?
I do not see us trying. We have backs "with potential" coming out the wazoo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's a worry with all of our players, pressure free footy is much easier to perform under. Holland did demonstrate physical dominance over his opposition so that's a good sign moving forward imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who would you pick for our other side.?
Dunno. Guess Hoppa will be there because there's no one else with the last wing spot going to whoever performs best during pre season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a worry with all of our players, pressure free footy is much easier to perform under. Holland did demonstrate physical dominance over his opposition so that's a good sign moving forward imo.
Here’s the thing, you consider trying to avoid the wooden spoon to have been no pressure. Many would not agree with you, particularly those invokved. Plus pretty much every player was doing their utmost to avoid being cut. Or at the very least dropping down the pecking order.

There is always pressure in FG.

Go Dogs

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His attack was far more that "solid" while his defence was no worse than others that were previously in the same position.
Are you serious??? FMD Holland at best is a solid squad player yes he’s the best we have but that’s stating the obvious- wouldn’t make top 25 anywhere else.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you serious??? FMD Holland at best is a solid squad player yes he’s the best we have but that’s stating the obvious- wouldn’t make top 25 anywhere else.
Are YOU serious, there are at least 6 or 7 far worse fullbacks in the NRL.

Go Dogs