Official Wakeham out for 10 weeks

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always viewed the hooker/dummy half position as one that requires experience, there's very few that excel in that role early in their careers. Mid to late 20's (eg; Cook) appears to me to deliver the prerequisites in game management and coaching. Of course there are exceptions (eg; Smith), but in general it takes time and experience to make a good hooker/dummy half. Lichaa is 25, so this is the year that he has to prove (without doubt) that he can handle the responsibilities of the role and provide the service demanded.

Go Dogs

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we need xperience more than youth.. Koroisau ain't a bad notion.
I’d hope it’s as simple as giving the money we are paying Brown and Lichaa to Koroisau. I don’t know if he ever played for the Dogs but he’s from our catchment area either Regents Park or Berala.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d hope it’s as simple as giving the money we are paying Brown and Lichaa to Koroisau. I don’t know if he ever played for the Dogs but he’s from our catchment area either Regents Park or Berala.
Cant replace two players with 1

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet FA i would love what are saying to be true but i have a feeling that you might be Michael Lichaa??
It’s quite simple get to a training session & see with your own eyes- trust me I’m no Lichaa fan but if you believe JMK or Nu Brown are NRL level hookers I’m glad you’re not coaching- he’s the best we have right now.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If tolman goes to hooker, then who will receive the ball on the 4th?

The players will get confused and then the nrl will fine us for bringing the game in disrepute
Tolman to Foran wrap around - Classic really.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like to know what brown and lichaa and earning.. I've hard for a while they are both on 300k each or close to that sum?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to know what brown and lichaa and earning.. I've hard for a while they are both on 300k each or close to that sum?
Yep, Lichaa wasnt picked up by any club so it would have to be only a minimal amount.
Brown would be similar I would think.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant replace two players with 1
You could allocate those funds to one place and save money elsewhere. In regards to the top 30 you could promote a player who could be on minimum wage. Point is Koroisau has way more upside than whoever is at the club currently

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You could allocate those funds to one place and save money elsewhere. In regards to the top 30 you could promote a player who could be on minimum wage. Point is Koroisau has way more upside than whoever is at the club currently
Its just that easy Isn’t it...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He is interesting having only signed a 1 year contract extension with Manly for 2019, so he's a free agent for next year which suits our timing.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Api will probably come with a $400k price tag. Lichaa + JMK would probably be about that combined.

He's also injury prone.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Api will probably come with a $400k price tag. Lichaa + JMK would probably be about that combined.
He's also injury prone.
Maybe, they only agreed on a one year extension, so there's something stopping the 3 years that I'd expect. Maybe Des wants Lichaa instead :tonguewink:

Go Dogs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe, they only agreed on a one year extension, so there's something stopping the 3 years that I'd expect. Maybe Des wants Lichaa instead :tonguewink:

Go Dogs
Lichaa was very quick to blame Hasler for stifling his game about 12 seconds after he was fired. So Hasler would need to be pretty forgiving to chase him.