News Divers swim and pat massive Great White Shark.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've swum with tipped reef sharks and lemon sharks before now, and they are about as placid as golden retrievers.

That said there's no way in hell I'd even attempt this.

But with this all said, it makes you wonder, are Great Whites / Bull and Tiger sharks REALLY that dangerous, or just highly misunderstood?

So does that make the crocodile then the most feared animal in water?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bull sharks are, especially in estuaries. Yeah overall, definitely misunderstood.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The water would have a distinct brown tinge round me if I had a great white shark near me. It's not whether they're misunderstood. It's more about the fact that if we scared or startled them and they react naturally they can bite a fucking huge chunk out of me.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d take that marine biologist anyday. I’ll even swim with Deep Blue:hearteyes:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d take that marine biologist anyday. I’ll even swim with Deep Blue:hearteyes:
I knew a marine biologist once. He saved a whale by removing a golf ball from the blow hole which his friend hit into the ocean.

His friend isn't a fan of black people, though...

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are also many photos of people playing with lions one day and mauled the next.
It’s amazing how people will use these sort of videos and photos as some form of reference for proof that sharks are good people. A shark will do what a shark does. Eat. If a shark comes anywhere close to people on a beach they should be killed straight away. The People against that I wonder what they’d have to say if they were caught in the mouth of a great white and they were just enjoying the beach.
No animal life is above a humans, not even those disgusting vegan leftist soy boys.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There are also many photos of people playing with lions one day and mauled the next.
It’s amazing how people will use these sort of videos and photos as some form of reference for proof that sharks are good people. A shark will do what a shark does. Eat. If a shark comes anywhere close to people on a beach they should be killed straight away. The People against that I wonder what they’d have to say if they were caught in the mouth of a great white and they were just enjoying the beach.
No animal life is above a humans, not even those disgusting vegan leftist soy boys.
That is the risk you take when swimming at the beach, if those risks are too high go swim at a pool. Sharks are a vital part of the ocean, without a healthy and balanced ocean there is no human life.

Last edited:

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks are completely misunderstood, to a shark especially a surfer they see black wet suit and long body and legs similar to a seal, they are typically bump and hit , working off vibrations , movement and blood with keen sense of smell. They are like dogs when they bite , ( bite then thrash head to tear apart flesh)

Crocodiles are the most vicious and calculated , known to enjoy humans They kill for the sake of it, and they are patient and the only predators to learn from instinct .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The ocean is where Sharks live.. Swim in the wrong area and it's like breaking into someones home.

That said sharks (like most other animals) react and live in the moment.

Sharks can definitely kill from a number of bites, so ask yourself why isn't every bite fatal? It's because (like most animals) a bite is just a warning shot. They aren't seeing a human and going "you know what I'm going to kill that", they are seeing a human and either exploring if it's food, or warning it out of the area (like an angry dog nipping a you). Crocs on the other hand just go "Don't give a fuck what that is ... I'm killing it". Few animals are like that (even Eastern Brown Snakes or Lions).

Sharks spend their days in the ocean stufing themselves with fish, they don't need to eat humans, hence why most bites are an intrusion on territory, and most deaths are because the person either bleds out before they get to land, or because the sharks first bite has chomped them way too much. It's not like a shark knows that it can kill a human by biting it in half, its just biting to warn off.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The ocean is where Sharks live.. Swim in the wrong area and it's like breaking into someones home.

Sharks can definitely kill from a number of bites, so ask yourself why isn't every bite fatal? It's because (like most animals) a bite is just a warning shot. They aren't seeing a human and going "you know what I'm going to kill that", they are seeing a human and either exploring if it's food, or warning it out of the area (like an angry dog nipping a you). Crocs on the other hand just go "Don't give a fuck what that is ... I'm killing it". Few animals are like that (even Eastern Brown Snakes or Lions).

Sharks spend their days in the ocean stufing themselves with fish, they don't need to eat humans, hence why most bites are an intrusion on territory, and most deaths are because the person either bleds out before they get to land, or because the sharks first bite has chomped them way too much. It's not like a shark knows that it can kill a human by biting it in half, its just biting to warn off.
shark.png

mmm yummy!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I knew a marine biologist once. He saved a whale by removing a golf ball from the blow hole which his friend hit into the ocean.

Was the sea angry that day, my friend?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Yep. And it's also important to point out that shark attacks have increased due to over fishing forcing sharks to come closer to shore, and increases in ocean temperatures due to climate change which has forced fish migration.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
For real?
No animals life is worth more than a humans?

No offense but why do so many humans like to believe this?
That's incorrect.

Humans are like a plague on this planet.

The year isn't 387 A.D.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was the ball a titleist?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For real?
No animals life is worth more than a humans?

No offense but why do so many humans like to believe this?
That's incorrect.

Humans are like a plague on this planet.

The year isn't 387 A.D.
Sharks are some of the oldest creatures on the planet. They are completely in tune with their environment and without them our oceanic ecosystems will reach a critical breakdown. They have maintained the balance for millennia.
The fact that we are slaughtering them by the millions every year, and harvesting their food source at a rate never known to any species on the planet,is no doubt the reason that more people are being bitten because they're left to search for their food in places they normally didn't need to. Even still more people are killed by cows each year. In fact more people are killed by vending machines falling them then sharks each year. Strangely enough, I have never seen someone run screaming from a vending machine.....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. And it's also important to point out that shark attacks have increased due to over fishing forcing sharks to come closer to shore, and increases in ocean temperatures due to climate change which has forced fish migration.
Just quit for the climate change sceptics to weigh in!!