Opinions wanted : Sliced bread

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Kennel ... Tell me about your daily diet and what sliced bread you eat.

I dunno if it's the new year resolutions kicking in, or if my wife is having one of her periodic life changing brainstorms but, this week, it seems that we're overhauling our approach to our diets and in particular we're focusing on our bread intake.

We're BIG white bread eaters. All five of us. Morning toast, sandwiches, toasted sangas, sausage sangas ... we'll go through 7-8 loaves a week. While nobody has been diagnosed with Coeliac disease or gluten intolerance (or similar), suddenly there's a need to change that in the diet of our whole household. Lots of complaining in the last year about bowels, bloating, gas (she'll kill me for saying this, but dead set my wife could clear out an auditorium with a single toot). On the whole, it seems like a good long term strategy for overall health and I'm sure the kids will benefit.

So yeah ... go bananas ... What sliced bread do you like ? Why do you like it ? Was it lifestyle choice ? Did you lose weight ? Did it cure your bowels ?

There's so many to choose from ... wholemeal, multigrain, gluten free, rye bread, extra calcium, extra Omega-3 oils and so on, and so on ...

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wholemeal is the closest to white when it comes to toasting. Tip top has a loaf called smooth wholemeal that the kids eat without fuss.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
wholemeal for me and wife

white bread for the kids.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the bakers delight high fibre low gi bread

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son would take off my head and wear it as a hat if I took away white bread.
Wholemeal for the rest of us.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing beats fresh (and I mean proper fresh) white bread from a bakery. I'm enjoying some right now.

Of course, in reality, as white bead is evil, i have to eat wholemeal when Mrs CD is around. Gestational diabetes combined with raising a baby means its for the best, but it just doesn't taste the same.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome thread, I eat multigrain.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love multigrain. The more grains, the better.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing beats fresh (and I mean proper fresh) white bread from a bakery. I'm enjoying some right now.

Of course, in reality, as white bead is evil, i have to eat wholemeal when Mrs CD is around. Gestational diabetes combined with raising a baby means its for the best, but it just doesn't taste the same.
Fresh bread real butter devon and pops sauce. Is there anything better honestly

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fresh bread real butter devon and pops sauce. Is there anything better honestly
I'm not huge on Devon but remember you are a fellow Pops fan. I was down that way at Christmas and forgot to pick up a couple litres.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in their right mind use pecks paste on their sandwiches i seen that shit once its all kinds of fucked up

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone in their right mind use pecks paste on their sandwiches i seen that shit once its all kinds of fucked up
Sheesh..I reckon it’s made in some disused nuclear power plant in a former Soviet Union Republic.. That stuff lights up your butt hole in the dark!