Official Wakeham out for 10 weeks

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Isn’t syndesmosis, just a high ankle sprain ?
Who gets surgery for a sprain ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn’t syndesmosis, just a high ankle sprain ?
Who gets surgery for a sprain ?
I always thought that too but its when the tendon and ligament detach from the bone and it repairs a lot quicker if they screw it back on. That’s just going off what I heard a while ago so the explanation might not be 100% spot on.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He must roll his ankles a bit, I noticed in the training photos both of his ankles were strapped.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping he could put some pressure on Foran to keep his spot.

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
I always thought that too but its when the tendon and ligament detach from the bone and it repairs a lot quicker if they screw it back on. That’s just going off what I heard a while ago so the explanation might not be 100% spot on.
Pretty close to stop on..... I had the same operation many years ago. I had my foot in plaster for about six weeks before starting physio

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The syndesmosis is actually a ligament which acts as a joint articulating between the point where the tib and fib meet just above the ankle.
Surgical intervention is a screw placed from the outside, thru the fib and tib to bring the point of articulation between those bones back to normal position. It then requires a long non weight bearing recovery for the ligament to heal itself.
I've seen quite a few of them performed on trauma patients as part of an internal fixation of the ankle.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must roll his ankles a bit, I noticed in the training photos both of his ankles were strapped.
Everyone gets their ankles strapped. Standard across all teams and most sports in fact

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone gets their ankles strapped. Standard across all teams and most sports in fact.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Damn that make it ... interesting.

Nu Brown and Wakeham both out. I wonder where that leaves NSW Cup in the halves. Cogger and someone. If JMK is starting at hooker (or bench) I'm not actually sure who would go into the halves in NSW Cup.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
instead of putting pressure on Foran he put it on his ankle...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn that make it ... interesting.

Nu Brown and Wakeham both out. I wonder where that leaves NSW Cup in the halves. Cogger and someone. If JMK is starting at hooker (or bench) I'm not actually sure who would go into the halves in NSW Cup.
Hopefully that sends JMK back to the reserves and Pay goes with 4 forwards on the bench. Unlike Des's bench of props Pay has a decent selection of ball playing backrowers.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully that sends JMK back to the reserves and Pay goes with 4 forwards on the bench. Unlike Des's bench of props Pay has a decent selection of ball playing backrowers.
Pay isn’t going to, in his opinion, weaken fg to help out Isp.
Fg gets who they want, Isp picks from who’s left.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Pay isn’t going to, in his opinion, weaken fg to help out Isp.
Fg gets who they want, Isp picks from who’s left.
Your right with saying Pay won't but putting JMK back in reserves wouldn't weaken FG it would make FG stronger ahhaahahaha.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A minor setback. All the best to Brandon in his recovery.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your right with saying Pay won't but putting JMK back in reserves wouldn't weaken FG it would make FG stronger ahhaahahaha.
I agree.
That’s why I said “in his opinion”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I guess that all depends on Lichaa. Lets not forget we are talking about a hooker who got hooked twice mid game for poor performances last year.

Personally I wouldn't take the gamble and would run with JMK on the bench (that also applies pressure to Lichaa and allows you to not play him for 80 minutes - most clubs don't play with 80 minute hookers now).

Also gives us a handy option if we cop an injury during the game as JMK can slot potentially into a few spots.

Running with 4 forwards on the bench if you have a winger/fullback/half go down injured, you're screwed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess that all depends on Lichaa. Lets not forget we are talking about a hooker who got hooked twice mid game for poor performances last year.

Personally I wouldn't take the gamble and would run with JMK on the bench (that also applies pressure to Lichaa and allows you to not play him for 80 minutes - most clubs don't play with 80 minute hookers now).

Also gives us a handy option if we cop an injury during the game as JMK can slot potentially into a few spots.

Running with 4 forwards on the bench if you have a winger/fullback/half go down injured, you're screwed.
CHN gives you an option at centre so you can move Hoppa to fullback or Holland to wing to cover injuries. JMK might play many positions but he plays them poorly.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That is the only issue... Can Lichaa do 80?

As for injuries you now have CHN who could easily shift into the backline so really the only thing we need JMK for is hooker which is crap because his a nothing special hooker.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN gives you an option at centre so you can move Hoppa to fullback or Holland to wing to cover injuries. JMK might play many positions but he plays them poorly.
Screw you we think alike... just read your post after posted mine, lol.