Official Martin: I'd love to play State of Origin one day.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He is looking in real good shape.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His contract is up at the end of season. Hope he doesnt get selected by qld and then sign with someone else

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
His contract is up at the end of season. Hope he doesnt get selected by qld and then sign with someone else
If I were coach I'd try to lock in Prince, Martin, Smith, JJ and organise the team around them.

I believe we need these 4 on the field as much as possible so we can build a solid unit of a team.

PS haven't mentioned the new blokes as I would like to see how they go in our colours first.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Might get a spot on the bench if he has a good start to the season...

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin must be riding a wave of confidence atm. Last year he played for his country, picked up a point scoring record against the broncs in first grade, won the ISP and combined cups and now in the emerging QLD team. He gives me the impression he will keep improving. Plenty of upside. Go dogs.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree. RFM would have ffer some real spark off the bench too.
Well that's the main reason why I want him off the bench, run amok with the tiring defence, also can offload.

My opinion is he will be wasted starting the game.

PS I think he will be our new Frankie.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If I were coach I'd try to lock in Prince, Martin, Smith, JJ and organise the team around them.

I believe we need these 4 on the field as much as possible so we can build a solid unit of a team.

PS haven't mentioned the new blokes as I would like to see how they go in our colours first.
I want Martin outside Lewis. He was the princes Captain in cup and then seem like a good combination

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree. RFM would have ffer some real spark off the bench too.
Yeh his x factor and energy would be best against tired, or at least broken in players. If hes tired when they are, less effective. I reckon he can play 70+ minutes but I'd like him to do 60 max.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh his x factor and energy would be best against tired, or at least broken in players. If hes tired when they are, less effective. I reckon he can play 70+ minutes but I'd like him to do 60 max.
I'll never agree with this argument. If a player is one of your biggest threats and is capable of playing 80 then you play him 80. This "play him off the bench impact" is such a poor argument these days. If he ends up on the bench it should be because he's versatile enough to play through the middle and the blokes on the edge are doing a good enough job that the teams overall performance improves with him in that role.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Martin must be riding a wave of confidence atm. Last year he played for his country, picked up a point scoring record against the broncs in first grade, won the ISP and combined cups and now in the emerging QLD team. He gives me the impression he will keep improving. Plenty of upside. Go dogs.
Yep and can convert a goal

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well that's the main reason why I want him off the bench, run amok with the tiring defence, also can offload.

My opinion is he will be wasted starting the game.

PS I think he will be our new Frankie.
Definitely offers more off the bench then Rhyse too.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Holland and Martin: Work on cementing a starting position in a struggling clubs run on team before you even entertain Origin dreams.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN has to start. He's better than both Martin and Ray. They will have to fight for the last spot, imo. Jackson to lock.