Official Talk Important to Cogger.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What if .... Pay is considering moving Lewis to hooker (but playing as a third half)?

He certainly has the defence down pat, and his kicking game then gives us 3 kicking options and ball runners across the park.

Could be a genius move...
Forget the third half idea. Someone needs to be dummy half and be dominant. I would also like to see Lewis tried at hooker as he is a better footballer than the other 3 contending. This is only likely to come about if Lewis starts the season at 6,gets injured, Cogger comes in and plays well with Foran and Pay needs to fit him in. And i’ll get in first and say that good dummy half doesn’t need to be a short arse anymore.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger is the only recruit I can't see doing anything decent for us. Hope he proves me wrong
I'm not going to judge any player till they get a fair chance at proving themselves. I think our current admin have a far greater idea of what goes into a good team than our former lot did. Dib and co seemed to base a lot of their decisions on the financial side of things rather than team development. Everyone we've brought into the new admin group seems to have good credentials as far as knowing the systems required to get long term results. Coggar seems to have the right skillsets to build on. Lets just hope his signing pays off. We were no chance of signing another quality established half, so we worked on finding the best we could with limited resources. It may have played into our hands really well that the knights splashed big money on Pearce when Coggar felt that he's about ready to step up.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger and Meaney have a year or two together as well,

Meaney can kick goals if Holland is injured

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave Lewis where he is. Our hooking options are Brown, Lichaa and JMK. If none of those guys work out, at least Brown and Lichaa will be off contract and we can go to market to find an upgrade.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly right if the boys give it 100% this season and pays plans work we will shock alot of teams. If not its a new team at least pay will know who belongz where and who needs to be replaced we are rebiulding which comes with alot of ups and downs at least we dont have to see that flop frawly again..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Looked like a game manager type of half last year..

Will be hoping he can develop his game into being a creative half setting up tries with passes and kicks etc..
I remember a story last year during a game when Pearce was injured and went off the field, apparently he said words to the effect, "This is my team now, let's win this game". I will take any young half with that sort of "general" attitude. We will see I guess.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger is the only recruit I can't see doing anything decent for us. Hope he proves me wrong
i agree with cogger but think we will be suprised how well Meaney will fit in. Looking forward to seeing meaney in the blue and white.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if .... Pay is considering moving Lewis to hooker (but playing as a third half)?

He certainly has the defence down pat, and his kicking game then gives us 3 kicking options and ball runners across the park.

Could be a genius move...
I think he would move Cogger before Lewis..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe Cogger is being underestimated. He is a good organiser, and thats something thats been missing for quite a while.
Not sure where he will fit in, but I would like to see him get a chance. Maybe as hooker if the halves shape up.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Cogger is being underestimated. He is a good organiser, and thats something thats been missing for quite a while.
Not sure where he will fit in, but I would like to see him get a chance. Maybe as hooker if the halves shape up.
I agree with the Hooker call

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
looks like he may get an opportunity in the halves.

looks lime Forans stellar preseason has been interrupted by his troublesome hammies.
Photos? Source?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's the perfect foil for Lewis. Cogger likes to talk and organise without being to dominant in the play from what I've seen 'a link man' if you will. That means the prince will still be dominant and on the ball a lot, which would of course keep him happy.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

looks lime Forans stellar preseason has been interrupted by his troublesome hammies.
Sigh, I was ready to give Foran another chance, but if this is true the guy should just walk away

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I had hope that he had turned a corner, but always knew this was inevitable... this guy will go down in history as the clubs worst ever signing

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe a little overstated .................

"Kieran Foran has been to hell and back on and off the field in the last three years. ... is ready to re-emerge in 2019 and prove he is not a spent force in the NRL. ... on track to start the season despite suffering a recent hamstring strain"

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the terrorgraph continuing their attempt to write us off and derail our season before it begins.
Anything to keep the dark cloud of negativity over the club.