New training pics from the first field session of 2019

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Need to brush up on that dogs history! The highlighted ones are all years we have made the GF or won it. The other years I would say where we have made the prelims?
No need to smug. I know when we won grand finals. The other years mean shit that's why I asked. If its semi crap then we are in des era again celebrating being the 1st ,2nd or third losers.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mobile A F. Gonna be hard to cut some of these blokes to ISP this season.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to here from conditioners as to whether fat fold tests and cardio/endurance tests support the photos. Given ruck speed is the focus you would think the squad is going to have far more cardio than in previous years. I would also say that some of the bigger teams like Souths need a month of footy to get their match fitness so it would be great if we are really really ready to rumble from round 1 as we could get off to a good start.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Would love to here from conditioners as to whether fat fold tests and cardio/endurance tests support the photos. Given ruck speed is the focus you would think the squad is going to have far more cardio than in previous years. I would also say that some of the bigger teams like Souths need a month of footy to get their match fitness so it would be great if we are really really ready to rumble from round 1 as we could get off to a good start.
It's a fine line between being ready for the season and peaking too early, the last quarter of season burn out which is something the Dragons seem to be good at.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad I'm not forced to run in those shorts in the middle of summer.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I'm not forced to run in those shorts in the middle of summer.
Why? They'd be wearing quick dry type lycra shorts under it. Should be no issues with chaffing and they don't hold sweat as much as cotton.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is this a joke?
No. Played well at the Bulldogs when overweight. Beginning of his last season with us, lost weight and played like sh!t. Put on weight through the season and his form improved.

Goes to Storm, loses weight, plays sh!t. There is a pattern there.

Like boxers who lose too much weight to fight down a division and lose their power.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No. Played well at the Bulldogs when overweight. Beginning of his last season with us, lost weight and played like sh!t. Put on weight through the season and his form improved.

Goes to Storm, loses weight, plays sh!t. There is a pattern there.

Like boxers who lose too much weight to fight down a division and lose their power.

Kebabs to Kas is like spinach to Popeye

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa leaned up
I changed my mind he needs to be starting not JMK we need experience in halves so he and Foz will balance Meaney and Lewis

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me he seemed to play best somewhere in between, but yeah more towards the heavier end than the lighter. When he got really fat though he was awful, just too slow and unfit to play any meaningful minutes.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me he seemed to play best somewhere in between, but yeah more towards the heavier end than the lighter. When he got really fat though he was awful, just too slow and unfit to play any meaningful minutes.

and had a shit load of errors in him

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa leaned up
I changed my mind he needs to be starting not JMK we need experience in halves so he and Foz will balance Meaney and Lewis
Lichaa and Fualalo both look very fit. Never been a big fan of either but hope this is a good sign. I'll take more speed out of dummy half and a few less tackles any day from Lichaa. Fualalo has almost no leg drive for a big bloke but maybe a bit more fitness will help.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa and Fualalo both look very fit. Never been a big fan of either but hope this is a good sign. I'll take more speed out of dummy half and a few less tackles any day from Lichaa. Fualalo has almost no leg drive for a big bloke but maybe a bit more fitness will help.
I thought Fualalo showed some glimpses of what he can do last year, but he's definitely going to want to do it on a regular bases this year if he is going to hold his spot in the top team... as for Lichaa, I agree... and more emphasis on service.