Scott Bolton charged with indecent assault - Judgement handed down

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...-jcl1n9xFEbK40vz_A0puXu9mlyN9d8Vdeb2gH_GhYSEI

NRL veteran Scott Bolton has escaped conviction after pleading guilty to the common assault of a woman in a Sydney bar.

The North Queensland Cowboys prop, 31, had formally denied a charge of indecent assault against the woman at Bondi Beach Public Bar in May 2018.

In Waverley Local Court on Monday, following discussions with police, that charge was withdrawn and Bolton entered his plea to the lesser charge of common assault.

He was handed a 12-month conditional release order and escaped conviction.

"Mr Bolton is not placed on a pedestal by the court, he is expected to behave as any other member of the public behaves," magistrate Greg Grogin said.

The magistrate noted the high-profile rugby league player has been scrutinised by the media, club officials, the public and "no doubt his family".

"(But) it can't be forgotten that Mr Bolton put himself in the spotlight by committing an offence," the magistrate said.

Over to you NRL, what punishment will you hand out??

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
NRL: Bolton is free to play in round 1. If it was a Bulldogs player, we'd be pushing for the death penalty.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
oh, it's ok, its just regular garden variety assault.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone seen the video?

is it really common assault just for putting your hand on someone's thigh?

Or was it a bit more malicious than that?

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
This is from an email we Cowboys Members just got

STATEMENT FROM SCOTT BOLTON

North Queensland Cowboys player Scott Bolton has released the following statement regarding today’s proceedings in Waverley Local Court.
“I have taken very seriously the allegation made against me last year and have been determined to strenuously argue in court that I never at any time acted indecently towards the female involved.

I am not proud of the behaviour I displayed on the night and want to assure everyone I will not place myself in a similar position again.

I am sorry my actions on that night have caused distress to so many people including the lady, my wife and family. I also want to apologise to the club including my teammates, members, partners and fans of the game I love.

This has been a very difficult time for my wife and family and I appreciate that for the past few months the media have respected their privacy and I would please ask that they continue to do so.

Finally, I’d like to thank my wife, family, teammates and club for their ongoing support.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
IMO: He shouldn't have been charged with indecent assault.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Channel 9 fake news started this story with "NRL star Scott Bolton", not once did they mention he was a Cowboys player. Imagine if it was a former or current Bulldogs player they'd put it all over the headline and make some sort of pun out of it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is from an email we Cowboys Members just got

STATEMENT FROM SCOTT BOLTON

North Queensland Cowboys player Scott Bolton has released the following statement regarding today’s proceedings in Waverley Local Court.
“I have taken very seriously the allegation made against me last year and have been determined to strenuously argue in court that I never at any time acted indecently towards the female involved.

I am not proud of the behaviour I displayed on the night and want to assure everyone I will not place myself in a similar position again.

I am sorry my actions on that night have caused distress to so many people including the lady, my wife and family. I also want to apologise to the club including my teammates, members, partners and fans of the game I love.

This has been a very difficult time for my wife and family and I appreciate that for the past few months the media have respected their privacy and I would please ask that they continue to do so.

Finally, I’d like to thank my wife, family, teammates and club for their ongoing support.
Summary:

Me me me me me me me and poor me. Feel sorry for me me and me. Oh and sorry for my distressing actions towards that lady.

What a cop out.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Summary:

Me me me me me me me and poor me. Feel sorry for me me and me. Oh and sorry for my distressing actions towards that lady.

What a cop out.
Wash, rinse, repeat for any athlete involved in this type of crap.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Now why didn't he just say this and admit it in his presser.

The court heard Bolton spotted a woman, 49, sitting alone on a sofa and the 112kg prop gave her a high five in a bid to get her attention. As the woman attempted to move away, Bolton touched her upper thigh.
The woman complained to bar staff, with the incident captured on CCTV. Bolton was interviewed by police the next day but was 'unable to elaborate' on intricate details of the incident due to his level of intoxication at the time.