Sydney Weather

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
and then he stepped out of air conditioned comfort...

Here is how the week looks here (based on weather predictions about 20 kms away - we are always about 2 degrees higher here).

Mornings: Mid 20s to high 30s with RH between 49 and 86% !!!!!
Afternoons: Mid 20s to high 30s / possible low 40s with RH between 31 and 71% !!!!

View attachment 8732

It's not the heat so much as the humidity that does the damage and makes it feel hotter/stickier.

29.4 (feels like 31.4 they reckon) at the moment, based on recordings about 20kms away.
Here it's actually 31 (feels like 33) at the moment, and probably 70% humidity.
Today is still hot but significantly cooler than yesterday. At least it was this morning while we had the foggy cover. However there are clouds rolling in now.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Just opened the windows. Yep. Much cooler due to the clouds. A nice breeze is on the way.

Usually we only get one of these bad heatwaves every summer so good thing we're getting it out of the way nice and early.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Today is still hot but significantly cooler than yesterday. At least it was this morning while we had the foggy cover. However there are clouds rolling in now.
Not here ... still 31 degrees and sticky as anything... :|

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh Australian summer Christmas .. mine was near the Gold Coast in almost perfect conditions.
I'm so grateful for re-acclimating in Singapore for the last few years.
Now, 30 degrees feels a treat.

Almost everyday is 31 degrees (feels like 38) coupled with >60% humidity really does have its benefits back home.
I was wearing a sweater one morning ... lovely!

Watched the fireworks stream from Singapore.

Happy 2019, Kennelers, looking forward to sharing a good year with you all!

~c.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ahh Australian summer Christmas .. mine was near the Gold Coast in almost perfect conditions.
I'm so grateful for re-acclimating in Singapore for the last few years.
Now, 30 degrees feels a treat.

Almost everyday is 31 degrees (feels like 38) coupled with >60% humidity really does have its benefits back home.
I was wearing a sweater one morning ... lovely!

Watched the fireworks stream from Singapore.

Happy 2019, Kennelers, looking forward to sharing a good year with you all!

~c.
I've always wanted to go to Singapore, but the humidity in particular, not the heat, is what keeps me away from there. Still a beautiful city/state/country I want to visit.

I hear everything is relatively cheap over there. Is this true?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wanted to go to Singapore, but the humidity in particular, not the heat, is what keeps me away from there. Still a beautiful city/state/country I want to visit.

I hear everything is relatively cheap over there. Is this true?
Real-time weather check: 31 (feels like 38); 70% humidity -- apple weather app.
This is on the daily. Only interrupted by rain, and intense storms <3

It's quite surreal, @Wahesh, a Utopian paradise virtually on the equator.

WRT "everything is relatively cheap", I would say yes, but for essentials. For instance, efficient, fast, clean and safe public transport is probably maximum $10/day for the longest journey. Mine is about $2.50/day to/from work. Basic meals are very inexpensive.
The moment one adds a teeny bit of luxury; alcohol or car for instance --> HUGE taxes.
Example: COE to own/buy a vehicle is ~S$50k and expires after 10 years [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_of_Entitlement]

I'd really suggest visiting, everywhere is well air-conditioned; get up and out early and back pool-side for the middle of the day before venturing to the restaurants and bars during the evening. It's a great layover between long-hauls to/from Europe!

~c.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Real-time weather check: 31 (feels like 38); 70% humidity -- apple weather app.
This is on the daily. Only interrupted by rain, and intense storms <3

It's quite surreal, @Wahesh, a Utopian paradise virtually on the equator.

WRT "everything is relatively cheap", I would say yes, but for essentials. For instance, efficient, fast, clean and safe public transport is probably maximum $10/day for the longest journey. Mine is about $2.50/day to/from work. Basic meals are very inexpensive.
The moment one adds a teeny bit of luxury; alcohol or car for instance --> HUGE taxes.
Example: COE to own/buy a vehicle is ~S$50k and expires after 10 years [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_of_Entitlement]

I'd really suggest visiting, everywhere is well air-conditioned; get up and out early and back pool-side for the middle of the day before venturing to the restaurants and bars during the evening. It's a great layover between long-hauls to/from Europe!

~c.
Well I might just do that. I know tar it's in the culture to keep it clean too so I know it doesn't smell. Hopefully the humidity won't hit me hard lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
830 in the morning 31.6 here going to be a warm day

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Over it.

I'm a wahesh. I'm made for winter. Ayri bi this heat.

Tomorrow is going to be a killer, pushing 40 in the western suburbs. Hills district will be in the low-mid 30s all week.

Whatever you do tomorrow don't mow your lawn otherwise you'll drown in a pool of your own sweat, and dont' have a BBQ otherwise you might as well throw yourself on it!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
9am 33.5 get fuck there will be sack sweat today
Yup 9AM woke up here, "the fuck it's 35 degrees".

Jumped out of bed and smashed the AC ON button.

Next power bill is going to feel like AGL are double fisting my arse, but can't do that much about it. It's either that or leave the dog in the heat and go out for the day.

That reminds me need to swap providers... thinking or Red Energy as they drop cents per kwH after a certain amount per day and their highest rate is the same as AGL (and daily charge lower).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yup 9AM woke up here, "the fuck it's 35 degrees".

Jumped out of bed and smashed the AC ON button.

Next power bill is going to feel like AGL are double fisting my arse, but can't do that much about it. It's either that or leave the dog in the heat and go out for the day.

That reminds me need to swap providers... thinking or Red Energy as they drop cents per kwH after a certain amount per day and their highest rate is the same as AGL (and daily charge lower).
You need solar panels bro. I know it's a bit difficult because you're a renter, but we have them and our power bill from last summer was almost cut completely in half because of them. They were doing a really good deal in December but I think it might've expired due to Government rebate being cut. Something like 24 panels for $3700 of thereabouts.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's much cooler now. Clouds rolling in the distance and I can hear the thunder coming.

JOE THUNDER IS ON HIS WAY FOLKS!!!
We got the breeze pure fucking goodness no hot unsleepable house tonight fuckkkkkk yeah

Wahesh

Reaction score
A couple of rain drops have made landfall at my joint. This is happening people. Thunder getting louder.