RFM

Jack Cogger
Sauaso Sue
Corey Harawira-Naera
Adam Elliot

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think chn will start. 700 thousand dollar investment and has more points in him then most of our forwards. I really see martin or elliot playing a bit of isp. I think injuries will end up fitting them all in as season goes on.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really think chn will start. 700 thousand dollar investment and has more points in him then most of our forwards. I really see martin or elliot playing a bit of isp. I think injuries will end up fitting them all in as season goes on.
Yeah I think you're right, I think Martin will see more ISP time, as I think Elliot will have a point to prove ( long live Sweet Carline ) and we also have Holland who is a competent goal kicker in his own right.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it'd be a huge mistake to keep To'omaga and Ogden in ISC. The pack has to look something like:

8. Napa
10. Tolman
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Utility
15. To'Omaga
16. Ogden
17. Elliott/Sue etc

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which clown put CHN @ centre and Sue in the backrow?
Maybe the clowns know more than you do. So who are you nominating as centre with Holland. Hopoate will never be a centre. He should be in ISP.
Thats why we need a hard running player who can tackle. Thats CHN. Hes an Andrew Farrer clone.
Sue is a young tearaway who offers more than Martin in the run on side. Holland is as good a goal kicker as Martin,
and can cover the kicking duties. Not that stupid really.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it'd be a huge mistake to keep To'omaga and Ogden in ISC. The pack has to look something like:

8. Napa
10. Tolman
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Utility
15. To'Omaga
16. Ogden
17. Elliott/Sue etc
100 % i want to find a spot for Chris Smith , could fill a utility role can play in the forwards or backs

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hoppa Proven & will be No.1 FB for us
2. Crichton Montoya & his defence means this kid will have a head start
3. CHN He will eventually be a back rower but will play centre for us in 2019
4. Holland Did enough to retain jersey
5. Smith had a great debut and looks the goods
6. Lewis If he goes to the line in 2019 he will be a fucking star
7. Foran I am one of his biggest critics but I live in hope he can give us 1 season
8. Napa maintain the rage at greater minutes & we wont remember cue ball
9. JMK Surely we have to bite the bullet of 3 seasons of woeful hooker
10. Tolman Sturdy but dont let him near attacking structures
11. Martin 90% + goal shooting = auto inclusion in run on 13
12. Elliot once again I am acritic but he gives 100% of what ability he has
13. Jackson Keep on killing them champ

14. Toomaga Lose the nerves and become an nrl star mate
15. Sue Good impact off bench
16. Lichaa Cant wait until Brown has healed
17.RFM Another good bench player

Last edited:

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the clowns know more than you do. So who are you nominating as centre with Holland. Hopoate will never be a centre. He should be in ISP.
Thats why we need a hard running player who can tackle. Thats CHN. Hes an Andrew Farrer clone.
Sue is a young tearaway who offers more than Martin in the run on side. Holland is as good a goal kicker as Martin,
You have no idea.

Go to your corner and have your little toss

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CHN plays anyone thinking otherwise is nuts, Menany is fullback he showed a tone of spark and ability in his few chances. If he doesn't start I'll be pissed.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On the Hoppa / Meaney debate, I’d be surprised if Meaney at some point in his life hasn’t played in the centres himself. Look at the likes of Inglis, Dugan, Boyd, Trbojevic and Hayne who have all been selected interchangeably in the two positions at rep level. Like most here, I believe Hoppa is a far better fullback than he is a centre. Maybe it’s worth exploring Meaney’s potential as a centre while Hoppa’s still around and doing a good job at 1.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know about an Andrew Farrar clone!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
On the Hoppa / Meaney debate, I’d be surprised if Meaney at some point in his life hasn’t played in the centres himself. Look at the likes of Inglis, Dugan, Boyd, Trbojevic and Hayne who have all been selected interchangeably in the two positions at rep level. Like most here, I believe Hoppa is a far better fullback than he is a centre. Maybe it’s worth exploring Meaney’s potential as a centre while Hoppa’s still around and doing a good job at 1.
Hoppa's acceleration and agility is pathetic, not worth persisting with at fullback at all. Bloke can't accelerate into space to save his life and it's why he is still yet to nail down a position in the backline. Meaney needs to be starting fullback.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa's acceleration and agility is pathetic, not worth persisting with at fullback at all. Bloke can't accelerate into space to save his life and it's why he is still yet to nail down a position in the backline. Meaney needs to be starting fullback.
I’m concerned by Hoppa’s defensive liabilities at centre. He did finish last season particularly well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m concerned by Hoppa’s defensive liabilities at centre. He did finish last season particularly well.
There's going to be liabilities as long as he stays in the backline...bloke needs to drop some weight.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's going to be liabilities as long as he stays in the backline...bloke needs to drop some weight.
Could drop weight, but bet he's the first bloke back there taking the suicide run out of the corner 5m from line. Not the most exciting but tough as nails. He still adds plenty of value.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Could drop weight, but bet he's the first bloke back there taking the suicide run out of the corner 5m from line. Not the most exciting but tough as nails. He still adds plenty of value.
Ofcourse he adds value, still doesn't change the fact that you can't have a fullback that moves like him. Bloke should be shifted to the wing but we need him at centre.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Roosters did that with RTS and Minichello.

They would swap in the game to give RTS FB experience, and a good tactical move that would make opposition kickers hesitate to see where and to who they were kicking.

It would require very good communication between FB, Winger and Coach but when done properly can be very advantageous.
RTS isnt like any other run of the mill player he can excel anywhere on the field and thats why it worked so well. We arent in the same scenario with 2 world class fullbacks either...
Fucking Roosters, Mini, RTS, Gordon,Tedesco... they can always source a fullback, hopefully we have found a diamond in the rough in Meaney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ofcourse he adds value, still doesn't change the fact that you can't have a fullback that moves like him. Bloke should be shifted to the wing but we need him at centre.
I agree, Hoppa has been putting in for us no doubt, but ill be pissed if we keep him past his current contract, he is still Halser baggage imo

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree
That first 20 m is like watching the six million dollar man in slow motion
The teams will continue to target him all year with kicks into open space
We desperately need speed

Status
Not open for further replies.