Gilded
Reaction score
Does Steam have DRM on their game?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thing to keep in mind is that many CD key sites are dodgy.

Cdkeys get their keys from legit sources and guarantee them so if something does go wrong them they'll fully refund you. I've bought about 50 keys from them and never had an issue.

Humble bundle is as legit as Steam. The keys they have are provided to them directly by the developers as much of the proceeds go to charity. When you buy a bundle you choose where you want the money to go. You usually assign a percentage to charity, a percentage to the developer and a small tip for humblebundle.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if Steam is ever down for whatever reason, I can't play my game(s)? Fuck that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if Steam is ever down for whatever reason, I can't play my game(s)? Fuck that.
Nah. If Steam goes down then you just play in off-line mode.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not bad. I was never good with Axel, I killed it with Blaze though. Wasn't a big fan of this game on the Mega Drive though, only Master System :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The huge benefit of Steam is being able to log in, and download all your games you own. They also can't remove the games once you own them (even if they are no longer available in the store).

@Hacky McAxe do you know of any sites that sell Adventure Games from smaller developers? Looks like GOG has taken off where others once were?

Reactions: K E

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The huge benefit of Steam is being able to log in, and download all your games you own. They also can't remove the games once you own them (even if they are no longer available in the store).

@Hacky McAxe do you know of any sites that sell Adventure Games from smaller developers? Looks like GOG has taken off where others once were?
Try Fanatical. They're pretty good. Greenman Gaming may have some stuff too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Try Fanatical. They're pretty good. Greenman Gaming may have some stuff too.
Cheers :grinning:

The place I used to use had heaps of stuff (well priced too). Also the computer game store near ARC in Silverwater used to import and sell of lot of them.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: does Steam still use US dollars? Wasn't there talk of them showing Aussie prices?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Question: does Steam still use US dollars? Wasn't there talk of them showing Aussie prices?
Last purchase at end of OCT was in US or UK dollars I think as it didn't have VAT included.

Mid Nov came this email: Steam will soon be priced in Australian Dollars! If your Steam wallet has any money in it on November 21st, 2018, your U.S. Dollar balance will be converted to AUD, at a conversion rate dictated by market value at the time of conversion.

and now all the "This Steam Game on your wishlist is for sale" has the amounts in Australian Dollars.

Reactions: K E

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

"God of War is a pretty fun game and if you haven't played it, you kind of screwed up your 2018"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Nice!!! I've got an older Lian Li here.... about 10 years old probably.

They make a really nice quality case. Not cheap (like the Alu Silverstones back in the day), but well designed.

Are they cases still rather technical to build with? I remember mine back in the day pretty much the entire frame was in bits and was like building Mecanno!

"God of War is a pretty fun game and if you haven't played it, you kind of screwed up your 2018"
GoW and those type of games (RPG/Fantasy) don't interest me at all.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice!!! I've got an older Lian Li here.... about 10 years old probably.

They make a really nice quality case. Not cheap (like the Alu Silverstones back in the day), but well designed.

Are they cases still rather technical to build with? I remember mine back in the day pretty much the entire frame was in bits and was like building Mecanno!

GoW and those type of games (RPG/Fantasy) don't interest me at all.
The case is actually quite intuitive. It's an odd build but not a whole lot of work. The case is extra wide so you can fit the PSU and hard drives behind the motherboard. To remove the side and front panel you just undo two thumb screws at the back and take the top off then all 3 sides can easily pop up and out.