Fox Sports Bold Predictions for 2019

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our backline has definitely lost a huge amount of expreience and I'll miss the Morris twins. But it was time to focus on youth with our cap situation. We may be in for a bad year, but I expect we'll actually improve our results dramatically.
Experts don’t factor in elements such as team harmony into the equation. Look, we’re not winning anything next year, but if we didn’t win the spoon this year with all that was going on we won’t in 19.
Add to that there is some confidence to be gained from the Reggie’s winning, and a bunch of our players now approaching the 50-100 FG game mark I think we’ll match where we finished this year easily.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Experts don’t factor in elements such as team harmony into the equation. Look, we’re not winning anything next year, but if we didn’t win the spoon this year with all that was going on we won’t in 19.
Add to that there is some confidence to be gained from the Reggie’s winning, and a bunch of our players now approaching the 50-100 FG game mark I think we’ll match where we finished this year easily.
It's impossible to say how far we'll go since there are a huge number of variables. It feels like we actually have a couple of young playmakers with the potential to change the way we finish sets. For a long time it's all been about posession through the forwards with safe kicks aimed at pinning them close to their own line. I don't think Pay will be encouraging the safety first side of things like Hasler did. If our kicking game at the end of sets works well our outside backs won't have to rely on their footwork so heavily to score. And that will also put the defense in two mninds about whether to just be defending against runners or if they're going to have to fall back to field a kick. I'm opeful that we finally see the side show a full arsenal of attack.

If we pick up some good early wins with the young roster it will go a long way towards how our season plays out. For the first time in a few years we saw the team show the instinct to put our opponents to the sword with the win verse the Dragons and to me that was probably the best thing about having youth and enthusiasm in the roster. I don't expect miracles, but I feel that we'll develop our attack a lot prior to the season.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
FOX SPORTS SHOVE IT UP YA MUMS C***

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
"Bold" prediction lol. Picking us to come bottom 4, after the other " experts" already did isnt bold. Picking eels to win the premiership, that's a "bold" prediction

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The sort of article Pay needs to pin up in the sheds. I am certain of one thing for next year, the spoon won't be at Belmore. As said above, if we didn't get it this year we certainly not going to get it next year. The doggies youth are going to lead us out of this along with old faithful JJ!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
riiight, with the eels and the titans looking oh so promising, and manly now with desley at the helm. Never mind the sharks imploding further day by day.

Please, write us off, keep giving the boys motivation.

Fucking knob-ends

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The most disappointing is some of us still take notice of the corrupt News Ltd BULLSHIT !
Haven't we had enough ???

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt we will get the spoon. Klemmer has gone and so has his toxic attitude so our playing group will be far better off. Personally Eels, warriors & Titans would still be my top 3 for spoon. We sit in the 9 to 12 range in 2019. We will have some good wins against top 8 sides but equally some unimpressive losses to bottom sides. It will be a bumpy ride but at least we are ont mend as a club.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My predictions for 2019
1. The roosters sign two more marquee players
2. Ben Hunt becomes a reserve grade hooker
3. Following that the dragons will get the spoon
4. The knights become the golden child of the NRL
5. The sharks move to Gosford becoming the Gosford Dogfish
6. Klemmer to get knocked out by Napa.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to all, and I mean ALL of these 'experts', Cowboys were going to be minor premiers and at least make the grand final this year. This is just another pointless 'journo' summer filler column.
Pretty sure cows vs eels Gf this year was a popular choice too lol
We will not get the spoon next year so fuck off "experts"!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listening to these so called Fox experts and their opinions is like using your own shin to find furniture in the dark.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same mob that had parra as favourites this year

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Take your spoon, shove it up your husbands arse, then deep throat it.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone up in arms over an opinion which is perfectly legitimate?
The roster has very little experience.
Anyone who has watched rugby league for a while knows that it is a long season and to be consistent all season a club needs depth in its roster.
Hopefully we can avoid the spoon however.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who has watched rugby league for a while knows that it is a long season and to be consistent all season a club needs depth in its roster.
I was just about to type something similar, i think we will avoid the spoon but yeah i don't get why everyone is up in arms over these comments, we have a weak squad on paper at-least.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think it's good to see fans pissed about this prediction. Hopefully the players see this too and begin the season with the attitude that they'll show these "experts" they shouldn't write us off ever.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because fuck the media, that's why lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why can't I find this article anywhere on Fox Sports site?

Has it been pulled? Did it even exist?