Wests Tigers salary cap breach - CEO facing deregistration.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under salary cap rules tertiary education is exempt from the salary cap.

Is any remuneration excluded?

In addition to allowances, the following benefits to players are excluded:

- Tertiary education (TAFE and university).
- Approved Traineeships.
- Medical insurance costs.
- Reasonable Relocation and temporary accommodation costs.
- Payments from representative games and events such as All Stars.
- Prize money
Prize money excluded from the cap? Excellent. Dogs should put on the "Bulldog Cup", Bulldogs first grade vs Bulldogs ISP. Winner gets $200k per player, loser gets $100k per player. M.O.M. gets $100k.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Suddenly, we don't look as bad anymore lol
No we don’t as I think their are clubs out there that are over the cap and would prefer to cop a fine rather than disrupt their season and playing roster. Off course they won’t put their hand up like we did rather wait and hopefully get away with it or till someone dobs them in. Easier to just pay a fine as they have in the past. NRL are useless.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.zerotackle.com/maguire-says-farah-is-staying-put-39081/
"...
A similar case years ago saw the Roosters sign club great Anthony Minichiello to an ambassadorial role, although the difference was the Tricolours were transparent during the entire process.

“The NRL rules provides mechanisms to allow clubs to retain the services of players after they retire to promote their clubs sand the game,” an NRL spokesperson told SMH.

“But those rules require clubs to declare those deals so they can be assessed by the cap auditor.

“The Roosters declared the Minichiello role with his club and it was approved by the salary cap auditor.”

Rorters followed the rules, allowed to supplement Mini's contract with an after-football job.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It also helps if the salary cap auditor is an ex Rooster and good mates with Uncle money bags Nick.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
What is this fuckery!

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire says he expects Robbie Farah to play on in 2019 despite the veteran offering to retire to help the club out of salary cap trouble.

The NRL have handed down a $639,000 cap penalty to the club — the amount of Farah’s ambassadorial role with the club that the governing body says wasn’t disclosed in the hooker’s contract.

The Tigers do have the option to spread the penalty over the term of Farah’s post-football role which means they won’t need to shed players.

“I’ve known Robbie for a long time, and the maturity and leadership he shows now will help take this club forward,’’ Maguire toldsmh.com.au.

“I expect him there in 2019. All his experiences he’s had through his career will only assist me growing young men.”

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is this fuckery!

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire says he expects Robbie Farah to play on in 2019 despite the veteran offering to retire to help the club out of salary cap trouble.

The NRL have handed down a $639,000 cap penalty to the club — the amount of Farah’s ambassadorial role with the club that the governing body says wasn’t disclosed in the hooker’s contract.

The Tigers do have the option to spread the penalty over the term of Farah’s post-football role which means they won’t need to shed players.

“I’ve known Robbie for a long time, and the maturity and leadership he shows now will help take this club forward,’’ Maguire toldsmh.com.au.

“I expect him there in 2019. All his experiences he’s had through his career will only assist me growing young men.”
It can be spread out over the years after he’s retired wtf the nrl are pathetic