Fox Sports Bold Predictions for 2019

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fox Sports

Bulldogs to collect the spoon

You have to feel sorry for Bulldog fans and Josh Jackson — they simply do not have the players to challenge next year. Particularly now that the club released star player David Klemmer midcontract to Newcastle. They have a couple of youngsters with potential, namely backs Lachlan Lewis, Reimis Smith and Nick Meaney, but they don’t have the necessary experience across the park to avoid a last-placed finish. Especially when comparing their best 17 to other teams. Allowing the likes of Klemmer, the Morris brothers, Woods, Mbye and Eastwood to leave over a period of 4 months has seen the club lose over 1100 games of NRL experience putting pressure on an already young roster. It’s going to be a tough year for Canterbury fans, with a wafer-thin roster and little experience or depth in key positions.

Dylan Napa to knock someone out

Death, taxes and... Napa flying in head first and collecting a ball-runner flush on the melon.

Unfortunately, the latter is the NRL’s version of a certainty. And of course we will be happily proven wrong.

But it’s clearly a technique issue for the intimidating front-rower, who spent three weeks on the sidelines leading into the Roosters’ grand final because of a sickening collision with Andrew McCullough.

And prior to that, in round 11, he broke Korbin Sims’ jaw in an eerily similar incident.

In his first interview as a Bulldog, Napa shrugged off calls to work on his controversial tackling style.

“I’ve had a couple of incidents but like I said I’m here to work on my game and hopefully become a leader amongst the group,” he said last month.

Napa was an interesting choice by the Bulldogs, given many clubs including the Knights passed on him when offered his services behind the scenes during 2018. Hes been signed by the Bulldogs to replace star prop David Klemmer, who was suprisingly released by the club mid-contract.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/15f0986694312443bd2b32821065cf2d

Last edited by a moderator:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to all, and I mean ALL of these 'experts', Cowboys were going to be minor premiers and at least make the grand final this year. This is just another pointless 'journo' summer filler column.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dumbest shit I ever read. The reason we started playing better at the back end was because of some of those names mentioned, and they will be playing from round 1.... Releasing Klemmer will prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Reaction score
My predictions for 2019
1. The roosters sign two more marquee players
2. Ben Hunt becomes a reserve grade hooker
3. Following that the dragons will get the spoon
4. The knights become the golden child of the NRL
5. The sharks move to Gosford becoming the Gosford Dogfish

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gosford Dogfish :tearsofjoy: I nearly choked

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fox Sports

Bulldogs to collect the spoon

You have to feel sorry for Bulldog fans and Josh Jackson — they simply do not have the players to challenge next year. Particularly now that the club released star player David Klemmer midcontract to Newcastle. They have a couple of youngsters with potential, namely backs Lachlan Lewis, Reimis Smith and Nick Meaney, but they don’t have the necessary experience across the park to avoid a last-placed finish. Especially when comparing their best 17 to other teams. Allowing the likes of Klemmer, the Morris brothers, Woods, Mbye and Eastwood to leave over a period of 4 months has seen the club lose over 1100 games of NRL experience putting pressure on an already young roster. It’s going to be a tough year for Canterbury fans, with a wafer-thin roster and little experience or depth in key positions.

Dylan Napa to knock someone out

Death, taxes and... Napa flying in head first and collecting a ball-runner flush on the melon.

Unfortunately, the latter is the NRL’s version of a certainty. And of course we will be happily proven wrong.

But it’s clearly a technique issue for the intimidating front-rower, who spent three weeks on the sidelines leading into the Roosters’ grand final because of a sickening collision with Andrew McCullough.

And prior to that, in round 11, he broke Korbin Sims’ jaw in an eerily similar incident.

In his first interview as a Bulldog, Napa shrugged off calls to work on his controversial tackling style.

“I’ve had a couple of incidents but like I said I’m here to work on my game and hopefully become a leader amongst the group,” he said last month.

Napa was an interesting choice by the Bulldogs, given many clubs including the Knights passed on him when offered his services behind the scenes during 2018. Hes been signed by the Bulldogs to replace star prop David Klemmer, who was suprisingly released by the club mid-contract.
What a load off crap, who cares what fox sports thinks. I for one know our dogs will be more competitive next year and will go close to the 8. not really interested in anyone especially if this is Johns who wants to garbage our team. He thinks he knows everything about rugby league. He would be the last I would listen too.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My predictions for 2019
1. The roosters sign two more marquee players
2. Ben Hunt becomes a reserve grade hooker
3. Following that the dragons will get the spoon
4. The knights become the golden child of the NRL
5. The sharks move to Gosford becoming the Gosford Dogfish
We have enough shit on the coast we dont need the sharks

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one and it usually stinks.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice. Media can write us off. Hope we prove them wrong. Bring on 2019.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Dylan Napa knocks out the cock who wrote this article.

If you want a laugh read the whole article, he also says Knights will be top 4.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s ok, EVERY year for how long the reigning premiers start as favourites or equal favourites to win the Comp according most of these “expert” journos. How has that worked out?

They don’t know shit.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our backline has definitely lost a huge amount of expreience and I'll miss the Morris twins. But it was time to focus on youth with our cap situation. We may be in for a bad year, but I expect we'll actually improve our results dramatically.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Dylan Napa knocks out the cock who wrote this article.

If you want a laugh read the whole article, he also says Knights will be top 4.
They def have the potential to finish that high! But yeah, i love when we are written off. No one suits the underdog tag better then a bulldog!!!