Let's see who knows the answer to this question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can not fathom how any person on this planet who is not completely retarded can possibly deny the fact that global warming is happening!!!!
The polar ice caps have melted more then 30m straight down in some areas. Polar bears are turning up in suburban areas due to the fact.
Co2 is known to warm our atmosphere. Our oceans then absorb Co2 from our atmosphere so as to cool the planet. But the oceans are now suffering because of this fact. And if our oceans only change a mere 2 degrees then these ecosystems will begin to catastrophicly break down. They are already starting to do do so.
Good report. Unfortunately it is factually untrue.
1) The polar ice caps are bigger this year than they have been for decades.
2) The biggest generator of Co2 is the ocean. The volcanos are the second biggest cause. Humans do not significantly contribute to Climate Change.
3) The temperature of the earth has not changed significantly for over a hundred years.
4) The planet needs Co2 to generate plant life. Without it there will be an even bigger catastrophe.
5) The people who supported Global Warming have now changed there argument to Climate Change. Thats because the planet is not warming.
6) The major supporters all seem to have massive investments in renewal energy. Put simply, it is a scam.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Conservative news sources create a good story that people believe. They convince people that climate change is a scam to to steal money from us. People believe them while ironically ignoring the fact that those same conservative news sources are being paid by oil and coal companies who lose money when we lower emissions.
Absolutely correct!!! All of this big oil corporations squash anything that doesnt support their empires.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2) The biggest generator of Co2 is the ocean. The volcanos are the second biggest cause. Humans do not significantly contribute to Climate Change.
3) The temperature of the earth has not changed significantly for over a hundred years.
4) The planet needs Co2 to generate plant life. Without it there will be an even bigger catastrophe.
5) The people who supported Global Warming have now changed there argument to Climate Change. Thats because the planet is not warming.
6) The major supporters all seem to have massive investments in renewal energy. Put simply, it is a scam.
Holy fucking shit!!!! You are so completely wrong!!! Doo you honestly believe that the industrial evolution has had no impact on the environment? Do you seriously think the oceans create Co2? Polar caps growing? Mate, seriously, you are completely brainwashed or mentally handicapped if you believe this to be true!!!!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not exactly. The Antarctic ice cap (Southern) has been increasing recently while all other sea ice has been reducing. Your own story you linked as proof (https://www.envirotech-online.com/n..._answer_to_antarctic_ice_growth_mystery/39357) even explains that the Arctic and all sea ice has been reduced due to global warming. It also explains why the Antarctic ice cap has increased when it should be reduced.

You may actually want to read the links before you post them.

Not true. This is a misunderstanding of how CO2 emissions work. CO2 is captured and trapped by many things. Most CO2 we emit is absorbed into the ocean. Eventually this CO2 is released back into the atmosphere. Fortunately that takes hundreds of years, but as your link pointed out (https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20413-warmer-oceans-release-co2-faster-than-thought/) this has been sped up due to increasing temperatures caused by human induced climate change. Again, you should really read the articles before you post them as proof of your belief, especially when they don't actually support what you're saying.

As a side note, CO2 is also released by trees when they die. But it the tree burns then it releases much more CO2.

And on your point of volcano emissions vs human emissions... volcanoes emit approximately 200 million tons of CO2 per year. That's a lot. But as a comparison, the automotive industry alone emits 24 billion tons of CO2 per year. That means the automotive industry alone emits 120 times the amount of CO2 as volcanoes. And the automotive industry makes up less than 28% of human greenhouse gas emissions

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earthtalks-volcanoes-or-humans/

Depends what you consider to be significant. Over the last hundred years there has been a 1 degree increase

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/80167/long-term-global-warming-trend-continues

These measurements were taking separately by 4 independent agencies and all found to be the same. Doesn't seem like much when you say "1 degree" but due to runaway processes like the one in the link you shared (ocean CO2 emission) and others like ocean current changes and sea ice melting CO2 release, the effects become astronomical

This is true. Not just plant life either. If you remove all CO2 from the atmosphere then we would all freeze to death. You can see this effect on Mars where temperatures range between -60 degrees and +20 degrees, because it can't hold on to the suns heat. But the earth's system is a balance. Plant life needs CO2. Humans unfortunately don't, and when there's too much CO2 then other nutrients in the soil go away. You can see this effect on Venus where runaway greenhouse effects made the planet a nightmare

Also not true. It was originally called "Global Warming" as the planet temperature is increasing. The term was changed to "Climate Change" because global warming doesn't cover the extent of what's happening. It's not just the temperature increase. In fact, that's not even the biggest problem. It's the rising sea levels, life migration, species dying out, more frequent and more chaotic storms, more fires, and many other effects that can't be covered under the scope of Global Warming

The major supporters are those with degrees in earth sciences. That's because they actually know what they're talking about. The only ones with investments in it are ones like Al Gore. And that's just smart investment.

On the counter side, literally every climate/geological scientist who doesn't support it (of which there are very few) are all being sponsored by oil and coal companies. Companies that make money off CO2 emissions.

And I will challenge anyone to find an anti-climate change theory climate or geological scientist who isn't sponsored by a fossil fuel energy company.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can not fathom how any person on this planet who is not completely retarded can possibly deny the fact that global warming is happening!!!!
The polar ice caps have melted more then 30m straight down in some areas. Polar bears are turning up in suburban areas due to the fact.
Co2 is known to warm our atmosphere. Our oceans then absorb Co2 from our atmosphere so as to cool the planet. But the oceans are now suffering because of this fact. And if our oceans only change a mere 2 degrees then these ecosystems will begin to catastrophicly break down. They are already starting to do do so.
There's no such thing as climate change, it's climate shift.

Weather comes in peaks and troughs, and over a much larger timeframe than people expect/realise. I'm not talking about changes on a daily or yearly basis.. I'm talking about climate shifting over hundreds of years.

Just like we had the ice age, and various other periods before that, the climate is now taking another shift to revert to a previous pattern.

Australia for example is seeing it's weather patterns shift more to that of the South Pacific.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How the hell has this thread turned into a climate change debate?

Oh what the heck... it's Christmas.

Q: What's blue and looks like a bucket?
A: A blue bucket.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no such thing as climate change, it's climate shift.

Weather comes in peaks and troughs, and over a much larger timeframe than people expect/realise. I'm not talking about changes on a daily or yearly basis.. I'm talking about climate shifting over hundreds of years.

Just like we had the ice age, and various other periods before that, the climate is now taking another shift to revert to a previous pattern.

Australia for example is seeing it's weather patterns shift more to that of the South Pacific.
Technically that's also climate change. There's two main types of global climate change. Natural and Anthropogenic. Natural is what happens naturally over thousands of years and involves peaks and troughs that usually takes thousands of years. Anthropogenic climate change is the man caused one that has the same effect only it happens over a shorter span of time. This is known as an anomalous change because it's not a natural change.

For example, when earth enters an ice age it's around -8 degrees below average norm. When it fully recovers from the ice age it peaks around 2-4 degrees over average norm before dropping again.

The period of time temperatures take to change naturally is roughly 1 degree per 1 thousand years. We have increased 1 degree in the last hundred years and the speed of temperature increase has doubled in the last 50 years.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes Hacky I really think you should be a Science Professor ... if I'm ever going to a trivia night I'm taking you with me... guaranteed win!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes Hacky I really think you should be a Science Professor ... if I'm ever going to a trivia night I'm taking you with me... guaranteed win!
My dad and my sister are both biology professors and my mother is a geologist so it would make sense. I also studied psychology and several other sciences but then realised that I'm lazy.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why don't you take me, I'm smart? But then again I'm also dumb, so that just equalizes it out!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vatican City should rule the world tbh.
I still get confused as to how it’s a country/city.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My dad and my sister are both biology professors and my mother is a geologist so it would make sense. I also studied psychology and several other sciences but then realised that I'm lazy.
Your sister wouldn’t happen to be “professor” that instead of teaching biological facts she’ll teach about how Wonder Woman theoretically May defeat superman due to whamen power?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit!!!! You are so completely wrong!!! Doo you honestly believe that the industrial evolution has had no impact on the environment? Do you seriously think the oceans create Co2? Polar caps growing? Mate, seriously, you are completely brainwashed or mentally handicapped if you believe this to be true!!!!!!
Did you know trees thrive off pollution?
Serious question.... are you a panelist with cnn? Also about these “empires” squashing anyone who doesn’t align their morals beliefs whatever it is with their own, do you think it’s any different to you super duper green organisations demonising anyone who doesn’t wanna follow their green way?
Also how is Tyrone Roberts going these days?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Vatican City should rule the world tbh.
I still get confused as to how it’s a country/city.
It's a country surrounded by another country - just like ACT is surrounded by NSW.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can’t chnage the mind of super empowered feminist soy boys. They’re too good of people to ignore the made up facts about how humans are the cause of all the climate chnage ignoring the facts of past ice ages and a lot worse climate changes in past.
It essentially makes them feel better about themselves inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.