News Woods on BSB this morning

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett has bought a house in the shire. I think the plan was for him to go there as an assistant. But thats all changed now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You've just got to laugh at this one.
Aaron Woods coached/signed by:

Jason Taylor - Sacked
Mick Potter - Sacked
Des Hasler - Sacked
Shane Flanagan - Deregistered

Next!! lol
Next coach who takes on the job should move Woods on... blokes a bad omen.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice interview Woodsie ... can I have an ice-cream so my brain can glaze over while you speak? Aaron, god bless his simple soul, would have repeated grade 1 ten times if he hadn't quit school for the NRL. No interview he has ever done has been coherent so it is hard to conceive that his views would be dripping with anything relevant regarding footy. When I think of Woodie i think of dumb & dumber.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How desperate are they to have this clown on their station.. I just laugh when he opens his mouth lol actually he makes laugh just looking at him his such a dick.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not once in a game that Woods played in for us did we have ANYBODY with a 1st grade standard kicking game. It is far easier to have faith in your team when you have that at a minimum.
Woods is an international and he should have been doing the talking when he was with the Bulldogs. He never had a go in any game he played. Glad he is gone most over-rated prop in the game. Same with Klemmer who is one-dimensional.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else heard it this morning but Woodsy was on the programme. He does a weekly segment by phone with TK and Loz.

Without getting too much into the nitty gritty I thought the one key comment he made in the interview was when he was asked about the difference when behind on the scoreboard at the Sharks as they were last week and his time with the Tigers and Dogs.

Essentially he said the big difference was that the Sharks were calm and not looking for the 'big plays'. Gall just said to them stick to the plan, play out your sets look for quick play the balls and kick to the corners - our chance will come. He also said that there just seemed to be a level of control in the whole team that wasn't there with either us or the Tigers.

If you think about it, that is the one ingredient that has been missing, probably since Hokko left. Lichaa, Reynolds, Mbye, Frawley, JMK - none of those guys are game controllers. You could even argue that Foran really isn't either. It's not that we don't have reasonable players, it's that we don't have that calm head to control the game.

Even the fact that JJ leads by example rather than by words works against us when we are down.

Maybe young Lewis can step up this year but the reality is without a good game manager and talker we will never get anywhere.
As one of the most senior players at the Dogs and club captain at the Tigers when he was there, wouldn't it have been his job to do that?

Seems like he isn't much of a leader.

So glad he is gone