News Bulldogs great Graeme Hughes says that 2019 will make or break Kieran Foran

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're hanging for the GOAT to take over...aren't you?
Imagine if The GOAT took over and we won a Premiership under him....my ego would be out of control and I'd probably be permanent for the sake of everyone's mental health hahahaha.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we really going to pretend that finishing 10th would be a pass mark? Lol
Have you ever played in a team sport or done a sport which requires lots of skill ? Look at the playing group it’s attitude is there and skill isn’t there yet , don’t know what you expect but consideringwe beat the cowboys , the eels and others last year should be seen as a pass mark, the board moved on all the shit that we didn’t want so have a little faith

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The sad thing or good thing is there about 6 other teams who's fans are saying the same thing such is the state of the tight nature of the NRL. It is true we were only a couple of games wins from making the 8 in fact if Martin was our kicker from the start of the season we might have got there. In reality 7, 8 to 12 or 13 is just making up the numbers. Unfortunately our rooster like a lot of others are fighting for the best of the rest tag. Don't get me wrong I hoping we make the top 8 but am not going to burn my bulldogs jersey if it doesn't happen. I want us to play entertaining football and stay in the fight all game. At least for now but will want us challenging for the top 4 within a couple of years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just because some people have low expectations, doesn't mean they are not allowed to hope for a better outcome..

Do you honestly believe our roster is ranked in the top 8 in the competition ??
No, but that doesn't make it impossible to finish in the top 8. We all do our predictions to start the season but the table very rarely if at all ends up with teams finishing in 1-16 based on their roster.

Our forward pack alone should be enough to get us competing most weeks, so aiming for 8th should definitely be the target. A 10th place finish pretty much means we relied on our forwards and made no sort of improvement at all.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is quietly confident in our roster? I think the emergence of talent last year and the game plan out the window once Lewis came into grade along with georgalis being promoted to work with the first grade team more closely are all positives. I think we will miss the Morris brothers defensively but in attack I don’t believe we will lose much without them. I feel like we will scrape into the bottom half of the eight.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No, but that doesn't make it impossible to finish in the top 8. We all do our predictions to start the season but the table very rarely if at all ends up with teams finishing in 1-16 based on their roster.

Our forward pack alone should be enough to get us competing most weeks, so aiming for 8th should definitely be the target. A 10th place finish pretty much means we relied on our forwards and made no sort of improvement at all.
I agree with you regarding our forward pack. If Lewis and somehow Foran can put some polish on the end of our sets I think we will surprise a few

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take this season into consideration.... There are not a whole lot of teams that you can see comfortably making the 8 next year, bar the Roosters.. Storm will be without Billy... Sharks without Holmes, Lewis, and Graham for a chunk of the season.. With so much inconsistency among all the other teams, the competition will be wide open... our boys are working hard, morale is up and there is a real buzz around the club... I've got us playing finals footy

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We’ve lost Klemmer and the Morris brothers and replaced them with a front rower who has zero attacking threat and no backs of any note ..... sadly I’d take 10th
Klemmer offered zero in attack so why should napa be expected to do any different

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that is quietly confident in our roster? I think the emergence of talent last year and the game plan out the window once Lewis came into grade along with georgalis being promoted to work with the first grade team more closely are all positives. I think we will miss the Morris brothers defensively but in attack I don’t believe we will lose much without them. I feel like we will scrape into the bottom half of the eight.

I am also... but some of the pessimists on here can only see the negative in anything and everything.... Steve had the ISP players playing that 1% footy that first grade coaches strive for with their teams... Really good appointment... The rookies brought much needed enthusiasm to our team and then you add Napa and CHN to that, we're going to be jumping out of the blocks

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

who said that aiming for the 8 isn't the target ??..

Opinion are asked and opinions are got... Doesn't make it bible..
But 8-10 is a high target if you ask me right now, without a ball being kicked in anger, just based on personnel..

I do however have hope that they will exceed our expectations

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
who said that aiming for the 8 isn't the target ??..

Opinion are asked and opinions are got... Doesn't make it bible..
But 8-10 is a high target if you ask me right now, without a ball being kicked in anger, just based on personnel..

I do however have hope that they will exceed our expectations
Idk what the target it is, I'm just basing this of what Hughes said. For all I know this could just be deflection and internally the club has different expectations. Anyway my point still stands, finishing 10th isn't a pass.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
2018 CONS
1. We lost Josh and Brett Morris - however the twins lost us at least 2 games this season playing absolute rubbish.
2. We lost Klemmer - who was a penalty magnet, and replaced him with a premiership winning (twice?) Qld rep whose hungry for more minutes.

2018 PROS
3. Lachlan Lewis and Reimis Smith played less than half a season for the Dogs this year.
4. Rhyse Martin and Holland were firing the end of last season.
5. We have more competition for backs now (underperform and get dropped).
6. Many games we lost by less than 6 points.

In terms of satisfaction vs test results:

16th 25%
15th 30%
14th 35%
13th 40%
12th 45%
11th 50%
10th 55%
9th 60%
8th 65%
7th 70%
6th 75%
5th 80%
4th 85%
3rd 90%
2nd 95%
1st 100%

I'd consider 10th an absolute minimum, but I would expect us to be 55-75% in my opinion, depending on injuries.

I've got a real good feeling about next season... Underdogs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
in your head.. doesn't make it bible....

Where's assassin with his "opinions", saying LOL
It is bible. We are the Bulldogs and missing the 8 for a 3rd consecutive season is no way a pass. We should be building on this season and finishing 10th tells me otherwise. it's not like the NRL is currently stacked with great teams.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What gives me hope is Lachlan Lewis. He's got an X Factor about him. Reminds me a little of the barba in the back-end of 2011 where he was just emerging .

What worries me is the loss of Josh Morris and his try saving defense

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It is bible. We are the Bulldogs and missing the 8 for a 3rd consecutive season is no way a pass. We should be building on this season and finishing 10th tells me otherwise. it's not like the NRL is currently stacked with great teams.
One of those seasons we missed the 8 belong to Hasler. You can't attribute that to Pay even if we don't make the 8 next year.