The Consolidated Cricket Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the fielder confidently claims it as legit, I'm happy enough with that.
Too many replays/cameras for him to lie.
There used to he gentleman's agreements between sides that if you claim the catch, it's a catch and that's that.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There used to he gentleman's agreements between sides that if you claim the catch, it's a catch and that's that.
I remember hearing something about that somewhere back in the day.
As I said, there's eyes everywhere plus social media so if you claim it and it's not legit...
You're in shit!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A lead will always beat a deficit.

Now can someone please score a ton?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Harris looks disgusted with himself. And so he should be.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Spewin i was out and about today and missed just about all of it, bowlers must have done a really good job. What happened to finch? Just saw him listed as retired hurt?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
oh nvm he got hit on the finger, that has to broken for sure.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trying to drag it out as much as possible for a draw
there's cheating then there's cheating...
Except on team is Australia and one is India ....
The fines and penalties for it just aren't serious enough.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me or are these drop-in pitches getting more and more inconsistent? The drop-ins are nothing new out here but before you would go to a ground and have a pretty good idea how the pitch would play, now it just seems like a complete lottery. I get this perth stadium is new but the pitch is supposedly grown with the same grass/soil and at the same place it was when they played at the waca. Even look at that Adelaide deck in the first test, that was not even remotely similar to how the adelaide oval used to play.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So a lead of 170 odd with only 5 wickets in hand (assuming finch won't return).

How much will be enough?

Who is in front?

Every article i've read puts Australia in the drivers seat, but i'm calling it as 50/50 at the moment.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me or are these drop-in pitches getting more and more inconsistent? The drop-ins are nothing new out here but before you would go to a ground and have a pretty good idea how the pitch would play, now it just seems like a complete lottery. I get this perth stadium is new but the pitch is supposedly grown with the same grass/soil and at the same place it was when they played at the waca. Even look at that Adelaide deck in the first test, that was not even remotely similar to how the adelaide oval used to play.
True that a century of history gives punters a fair idea as to how a traditional pitch will fare on days 1 through 5.

I know most of you think the pitch has deteriorated, but I have seen worse. The heavy roller should give us a solid first session. Hopefully they can put another 100 - 150 on before the end to change innings.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This would be quite fun..

People Are Planning To Celebrate Like A Flog When Virat Kohli Gets Out At The MCG
"Channel your inner Virat Kohli"

15 minutes ago

Rudi Edsall

Indian captain Virat Kohli’s antics certainly have people talking.

He scored a brilliant ton in India innings before getting out to a controversial Pete Handscomb catch, and ramped up hostilities in the field as well.

Kohli also started a pitched battle with Tim Paine while the Aussie captain was batting, and revved up the crowd at every opportunity.

Now some fans have decided to play Kohli at his own game at the MCG Test, starting a Facebook event called “Celebrate like a flog when Kohli gets out”.

“Channel your inner Virat Kohli on Boxing Day and celebrate his wicket like a massive flog,” the event’s description reads.

“Yell and scream, punching the air and chuck a ball into the ground for no apparent reason despite doing nothing to actually achieve the wicket.

“Feel free to bring your own stump to grab at the end of the days play.”

The only problem is that Kohli’s really good and may not get out.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So a lead of 170 odd with only 5 wickets in hand (assuming finch won't return).

How much will be enough?

Who is in front?

Every article i've read puts Australia in the drivers seat, but i'm calling it as 50/50 at the moment.
Aussies are in front imo but it's still a brilliant contest.
Potentially 180 overs left in the match which means there will likely be plenty of time for a big chase.
Hopefully we have a few wkts left after lunch and can try score some quick ones setting them somewhere around 300.
Not impossible chase but very improbable.