Cogger benefits from Foran

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JMK is in our top 30. Regardless of what you think.

Yes he shouldnt be there. But he is. And will be in the 17.

He needs to stay away from the halves. Hooker or Centres would be better positions for him. Less proactive thinking and just reactive
He would be useless in the centres, every tackle he "breaks" results with him falling over or at the very least lose balance and go no where. Should be in ISP at best until he shows some sort of competence.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would be useless in the centres, every tackle he "breaks" results with him falling over or at the very least lose balance and go no where. Should be in ISP at best until he shows some sort of competence.
He doesn’t even have decent pace. That was apparently a positive about him but when he finally got into open space at the end of last year he was running on a treadmill.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He doesn’t even have decent pace. That was apparently a positive about him but when he finally got into open space at the end of last year he was running on a treadmill.
Remember the game against St George at the end of last season where JMK breaks into the open runs about 60 meters and then just stops and gets smashed from behind. * Shakes head*

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember the game against St George at the end of last season where JMK breaks into the open runs about 60 meters and then just stops and gets smashed from behind. * Shakes head*
The best thing for JMK would be a season in ISP in the one position and focus on getting the basics right. He’s not good enough to nail a spot down full time in the NRL and being a utility is doing him no favours in his development.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The best thing for JMK would be a season in ISP in the one position and focus on getting the basics right. He’s not good enough to nail a spot down full time in the NRL and being a utility is doing him no favours in his development.
I honestly dont see anything there. He can hone his skills for as long as he likes in ISP, imo he should never see 1st grade again

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly dont see anything there. He can hone his skills for as long as he likes in ISP, imo he should never see 1st grade again
I agree, he’s is the top 30 squad though so we have to do something with him. Pay blew his load way too early signing him to a 3 year deal it makes absolutely no sense why he rushed to do it off a try assist in a trial game.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, he’s is the top 30 squad though so we have to do something with him. Pay blew his load way too early signing him to a 3 year deal it makes absolutely no sense why he rushed to do it off a try assist in a trial game.
Surely JMK is pretty cheap and only for cover while we get our cap under control. Apart from gutsy defence though, he doesn't bring anything. Just hope he improves his speed and creativeness, but hard to see it happening.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You write some really stupid shit on here. But JMK to the centres would have to be one of your most stupid and thats saying something. So great work.
Silliest thing I do is to listen and read what a dribbler like you writes. Stick to netball.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some of you need to chill out a little. Calling someone names doesn't add any credibility or weight to your arguments. I'd go so far as to say that this thread will suffer some deletions before long, and those who have gotten into a slanging match will probably get mad that their posts disappear. If someones posts really bother you find and click the ignore button. There are two members here that I have added to my ignore list and the kennel instantly became more pleasant for me. I suggest you try this option rather than annoying people who are here to discuss football rather than see the special olympics of forums (It doesn't matter how good you are at name calling or who wins a slanging match, in the end you all seem a bit retarded if you can't argue a point without name calling).

Certain players will polarize opinions because we all respect different aspects of what we see. I personally always found Mbye to be a massive disappointment. His athleticism alone should have meant that he could make an impact at least once or twice in most games. But he never seemed to put in a huge amount of effort and his ability to read where opportunities were seemed to be severely lacking. If he found as many gaps in the defense as he did microphones after the game he'd be playing for Australia. Every once in a while I'd see him have a massive game, but most of them were below expectations. His great games usually coincided with games where the rest of the side created a great platform and he seemed to benefit from the opportunities others created by getting the defence on the back foot. While I loved that despite not being super athletic, Reynolds was always looking for ways to break into each game. If he had a load of pace or a bit more size I think he'd easily have been a fan favorite for a lot more people. Ultimately he was just super competitve and that inspired others around him to try that little bit harder. I'd much rather have 17 ultra competitive players with limited skills in the side than 17 highly skilled players who wait for others to step up. Not everybody thinks the same way so obviously those people are wrong, stupid or just plain wankers :mask: (just kidding, I respect peoples rights to their opinions)

JMK hasn't stood out too much yet, but to me he seems like a player that tries pretty hard and may become quite good if he finds his Niche in the team. He strikes me as being pretty competitive and willing to work on his game. Holland seems to have stood out a bit more but also seems to know he's got to put in the work to establish himself, so I'd love to see them both improve and bring that never say die attitude into the team. So if they get some time to develop in the top grade I'll respect that. We've still got a few players who appear to be just a little bit too arrogant to think they need to improve. It's a pet hate of mine and while I try not to criticize overly, the players who are arrogant just get on my nerves even if they have an occasional great game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Some of you need to chill out a little. Calling someone names doesn't add any credibility or weight to your arguments. I'd go so far as to say that this thread will suffer some deletions before long, and those who have gotten into a slanging match will probably get mad that their posts disappear. If someones posts really bother you find and click the ignore button. There are two members here that I have added to my ignore list and the kennel instantly became more pleasant for me. I suggest you try this option rather than annoying people who are here to discuss football rather than see the special olympics of forums (It doesn't matter how good you are at name calling or who wins a slanging match, in the end you all seem a bit retarded if you can't argue a point without name calling).

Certain players will polarize opinions because we all respect different aspects of what we see. I personally always found Mbye to be a massive disappointment. His athleticism alone should have meant that he could make an impact at least once or twice in most games. But he never seemed to put in a huge amount of effort and his ability to read where opportunities were seemed to be severely lacking. If he found as many gaps in the defense as he did microphones after the game he'd be playing for Australia. Every once in a while I'd see him have a massive game, but most of them were below expectations. His great games usually coincided with games where the rest of the side created a great platform and he seemed to benefit from the opportunities others created by getting the defence on the back foot. While I loved that despite not being super athletic, Reynolds was always looking for ways to break into each game. If he had a load of pace or a bit more size I think he'd easily have been a fan favorite for a lot more people. Ultimately he was just super competitve and that inspired others around him to try that little bit harder. I'd much rather have 17 ultra competitive players with limited skills in the side than 17 highly skilled players who wait for others to step up. Not everybody thinks the same way so obviously those people are wrong, stupid or just plain wankers :mask: (just kidding, I respect peoples rights to their opinions)

JMK hasn't stood out too much yet, but to me he seems like a player that tries pretty hard and may become quite good if he finds his Niche in the team. He strikes me as being pretty competitive and willing to work on his game. Holland seems to have stood out a bit more but also seems to know he's got to put in the work to establish himself, so I'd love to see them both improve and bring that never say die attitude into the team. So if they get some time to develop in the top grade I'll respect that. We've still got a few players who appear to be just a little bit too arrogant to think they need to improve. It's a pet hate of mine and while I try not to criticize overly, the players who are arrogant just get on my nerves even if they have an occasional great game.
I just want players who want to play for us and put in 100%.

If they can't or won't do that, then fuck them off.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone really going to take Foran if he breaks down again? I don't think so. There are only 2 options we keep paying him or the NRL allows him to be medically retired. The latter is not a simple process and doesn't happen very often.

Go Dogs
Nobody is dumb enough to offer a broken down player a 3 year deal.... oh wait we did and at a ludicrous salary too

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man.. Shots fired! Bulldog on bulldog crime. See what Forans signing has done to our fanbase?

The sooner he leaves the club, the better. I think everyone can agree on that.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is not getting moved ffs why do people keep bringing it up?
Agree he won't be moved and if pay even considers it then he's fukd not just because he's our only decent half atm but he has no speed or footwork required to be a good centre, he's a play maker who needs the footy In his hands as much as possible

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree he won't be moved and if pay even considers it then he's fukd not just because he's our only decent half atm but he has no speed or footwork required to be a good centre, he's a play maker who needs the footy In his hands as much as possible
You are correct. He wont be moved. But I can still see Cogger being tested out in the trials as a hooker.
He has good halfback play, he is a good organiser, and his defence is good.
He, Foran and Lewis have the potential to form a very good scrum base combination.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are correct. He wont be moved. But I can still see Cogger being tested out in the trials as a hooker.
He, Foran and Lewis have the potential to form a very good scrum base combination.
Good way to keep all three on the park if Lichaa doesn't produce thee goods but Cogger will have to lift to replace him.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good point I never really considered cogger as a hooker option