Fans' predictions: Where each club will finish in 2019 - Bulldogs 15th

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling that we will see massive improvement in our standard of play. If oour youngsters get some early wins , confidence can take us a long way.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Look if we win all your regular games we can make finals, if we win all our finals games we can make the grand final and if we can win the grand final we will be premiers it’s pretty straight forward if you ask me
Dessie is back lol.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl is in trouble, the talent across all 16 teams is a joke, the Roosters are loaded and untouchable! Just be supportive of the club no matter where we finish, it's going to be a long few years. We should be greatful we witnessed our club win premierships in the past, and you can purchase a copy of most of our premierships, most other teams can't say that! Baring a miracle of us signing or producing a super talented team, we're in for a long drought of premierships.
Unfortunately I agree.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but we can’t rely on this in 2018

We need to recruit
I think you're missing the point Bashir.
Our base players should come from within. Re-cruitment is to fill the gaps on the players we need.

It's a long term plan not something that happens overnight. If there isn't anyone on the market worth purchasing at the right price NOW, then knee jerk reactions are a NO NO.
I think the club is handling this very well at the moment.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're missing the point Bashir.
Our base players should come from within. Re-cruitment is to fill the gaps on the players we need.

It's a long term plan not something that happens overnight. If there isn't anyone on the market worth purchasing at the right price NOW, then knee jerk reactions are a NO NO.
I think the club is handling this very well at the moment.
Your argument is stupid. In 2013 roosters recruited sbw malnoey Jennings won the comp. In 2016 sharks bought barba ennis malaney townsend won the comp. In 2018 roosters bought teddy cronk won the comp. See the drift? 2008 we win the spoon. 2009 we bought a shit load of quality players and should have won minor premiership.

Recruitment is key. Ben Barba Shaun Johnson Corey Norman all were available but no we go and buy Dylan Napa. So please explain how the club is doing a great again?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your argument is stupid. In 2013 roosters recruited sbw malnoey Jennings won the comp. In 2016 sharks bought barba ennis malaney townsend won the comp. In 2018 roosters bought teddy cronk won the comp. See the drift? 2008 we win the spoon. 2009 we bought a shit load of quality players and should have won minor premiership.

Recruitment is key. Ben Barba Shaun Johnson Corey Norman all were available but no we go and buy Dylan Napa. So please explain how the club is doing a great again?
None of them were available when we had the money mate. Not 1. Barba was signed when we were deep in the hole, didnt have a dime to spare we were still offloading to become compliant for next season. Norman this week, SJ 2 weeks ago.
We needed a Big body to replace Klemmer, as much promise as our young guys have we would get dominated every week without an experienced Prop.

I feel your frustration, believe me. But we need to target the right guys when we have the money.

I wouldve loved SJ here btw.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of them were available when we had the money mate. Not 1. Barba was signed when we were deep in the hole, didnt have a dime to spare we were still offloading to become compliant for next season. Norman this week, SJ 2 weeks ago.
We needed a Big body to replace Klemmer, as much promise as our young guys have we would get dominated every week without an experienced Prop.

I feel your frustration, believe me. But we need to target the right guys when we have the money.

I wouldve loved SJ here btw.
Wrong. Barba was available straight after we released woods and mbye. There's been article after article all year long parra shopping norman around.

Then we panic and go buy napa. A week later johnson is available. Its fucking laughable.

You say we need a big body to replace klemmer. But its not like we need a quailty fb or half is it?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wrong. Barba was available straight after we released woods and mbye. There's been article after article all year long parra shopping norman around.

Then we panic and go buy napa. A week later johnson is available. Its fucking laughable.

You say we need a big body to replace klemmer. But its not like we need a quailty fb or half is it?
Still had no money to sign Barba. You think Barba ison 105k? The NRL wouldnt have registered it even if we could offer him a Contract, knowing we still needed 5 for a top 30 with no money.
We've taken a punt on a young Meaney, like it or not thats the direction we've gone. We dont simply have the funds to pay for a Fullback not that there were any on the market when we could afford.
Do we really want Norman who has more headlines than good games?
Think what you want, the clubis making some decent decions from what I can see and targetting who they require to build a quality team around. The next few years are starting to look promising. Sign a Hooker, hald and quality Centre would be our next targets. When they are available. Not panic buy which you are clearly against/or are you?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I wouldn't want Barba again. And I really hope we become a club that develops promising players into stars like we used to again. The Hasler years showed that bought not bred didn't play out well for us.

I don't know how people are still trying to guess how much cap space we have left, much less idea of why people are agonizing about the players we might have picked up given different timing. Our staff are doing their best they can given they have had a load of juggling to get the salary cap back in order.

I'd prefer to head into the season as underdogs and give our critics the middle finger by playing great football than to be favourites who disappoint.

Reactions: DT

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yeh I see your drift.

Look at the clubs you mentioned. We all know Roosters don't have a cap and now the Sharks have been in the spotlight for salary cap breaches.
We are just comming out of a salary cap mess, we can't afford to splurge $2m on two players such as Cronk and Teddy. We have to do it the smart way.

The last time we won the comp, there were only two established first graders that we brought in, in our team...O'Meley and Ryan...the rest were either dogs juniors(Sherwin, Utai, Elmasri) rejects from other clubs(Patten) or players who had made their first grade debut at the bulldogs and were unknowns before they came(Mason, Reni, SBW etc).

The way we are going about things now is the correct way that will ensure long term success!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I see your drift.

Look at the clubs you mentioned. We all know Roosters don't have a cap and now the Sharks have been in the spotlight for salary cap breaches.
We are just comming out of a salary cap mess, we can't afford to splurge $2m on two players such as Cronk and Teddy. We have to do it the smart way.

The last time we won the comp, there were only two established first graders that we brought in, in our team...O'Meley and Ryan...the rest were either dogs juniors(Sherwin, Utai, Elmasri) rejects from other clubs(Patten) or players who had made their first grade debut at the bulldogs and were unknowns before they came(Mason, Reni, SBW etc).

The way we are going about things now is the correct way that will ensure long term success!
So signing napa is smart is it? 650k a year for napa is laughable. Dont you think that money would have been better spent on barba johnson or norman?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still had no money to sign Barba. You think Barba ison 105k? The NRL wouldnt have registered it even if we could offer him a Contract, knowing we still needed 5 for a top 30 with no money.
We've taken a punt on a young Meaney, like it or not thats the direction we've gone. We dont simply have the funds to pay for a Fullback not that there were any on the market when we could afford.
Do we really want Norman who has more headlines than good games?
Think what you want, the clubis making some decent decions from what I can see and targetting who they require to build a quality team around. The next few years are starting to look promising. Sign a Hooker, hald and quality Centre would be our next targets. When they are available. Not panic buy which you are clearly against/or are you?
Absolutely mate. Some people on here are mature enough to see what's happening.

We've tried doing it the quick way, we've tried to change the kitchen and bathroom but the house still looked old, we changed the roof tiles but the house still looked crap, we did some landscaping but somehow the house still didn't look right.....in the end we bit the bullet, brought in proper builders and just knocked over the whole house and started rebuilding a proper well built double brick Canterbury Bulldogs!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

We've tried doing it the quick way, we've tried to change the kitchen and bathroom but the house still looked old, we changed the roof tiles but the house still looked crap, we did some landscaping but somehow the house still didn't look right.....in the end we bit the bullet, brought in proper builders and just knocked over the whole house and started rebuilding a proper well built double brick Canterbury Bulldogs!
Pay is the cheap Asian dude you pay to paint your house in a day.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Biggest horse shit ive read in my life. Still havent answered my question. Wouldnt the 650k a season for napa have been better spent on a quality fb or half?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So signing napa is smart is it? 650k a year for napa is laughable. Dont you think that money would have been better spent on barba johnson or norman?
Who told you we're paying Napa $650k? So when we release players half way through their contracts then "we must be paying" some of their contract money, but when other clubs release players from their contracts we pay full freight. Is that what you think? Ok good, keep thinking that then.

Please don't mention Norman, that guy is one of the most overated players in the game.
I really don't know what your fascination is with that guy.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest horse shit ive read in my life. Still havent answered my question. Wouldnt the 650k a season for napa have been better spent on a quality fb or half?
$650k....lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah man, wasn't he the casual relief teacher at school. He must have different identities according to Marley...lol
Casual relief teacher = part time job.