Putting garbage in someone else's bin?

Rubbish in your neighbour's bin? Yeah? Nah?

• Yes - Go for it. Fair game.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Yes, if you ask or at least have some sort of understanding.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Meh, who gives a toss?

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • If you're desparate, but just don't make a habit of it.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No frigging way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ozman

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I cringe at the number of people who don't realise around Sydney there are several almost 24/7 recycling centres that take cardboard in infinite amounts. Same with computer / electronic gear (albeit slightly more limited).
They are just lazy ***** Mr I!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If it's a one-off and only something small, fair enough, but if it's a big bag that takes up the rest of the space in the bin, you deserve to have a twig of thorns shoved directly up your anus!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I had to do this.
I’ve moved and our bins weren’t delivered.
I’ve got villas on both sides of me so I just waited until bin night and threw rubbish in their bins.

Also took a couple of boxes to toss away in a houso dumpster.
Fuck it, I pay high tax, like everyone else who works, they’re kind of my bins!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When we were living in an apartment complex about 10 years back we had an Indian couple move in next door. Newly married Hindi couple. Nice people but they liked to play Indian music and carry out Hindi prayers at the crack of dawn every day.

When they moved in they had lots of rubbish left over so they filled the yellow recycling bins with the rubbish. After that they filled the red waste bins with their left over cardboard boxes.
I share a bin with the people upstairs and they put their recyclables in plastic bags....

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't had less than 8 people in the home since we moved in 20 years ago. We are avid recyclers, and have a secondary recycle bin just to keep up with the demand going through the home.

If you have empty space, we will use it. Old Italian guy next door - it just him and his missus - never more than half full, and ours is always easily overflowing.

If you dont wan't my front yard looking like a dump - it's fair game. I wouldnt give 2 stuffs if ours was empty and someone used it.

In all? As long as you're not tossing evidence it is fair game.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't had less than 8 people in the home since we moved in 20 years ago. We are avid recyclers, and have a secondary recycle bin just to keep up with the demand going through the home.

If you have empty space, we will use it. Old Italian guy next door - it just him and his missus - never more than half full, and ours is always easily overflowing.

If you dont wan't my front yard looking like a dump - it's fair game. I wouldnt give 2 stuffs if ours was empty and someone used it.

In all? As long as you're not tossing evidence it is fair game.
Have you ever at least had a chat with the old Italian guy about using his bin? Maybe take his bins out and put them back in? Give him a nice bottle of wine at Christmas?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I had to do this.
I’ve moved and our bins weren’t delivered.
I’ve got villas on both sides of me so I just waited until bin night and threw rubbish in their bins.

Also took a couple of boxes to toss away in a houso dumpster.
Fuck it, I pay high tax, like everyone else who works, they’re kind of my bins!
That could have been a good opportunity to get to know your neighbours and form a good relationship.

"Hey mate, my name's Armchair Critic. Live next door. Anyway, my bins haven't been dleivered, and i was wondering I could possibly use yours to put some stuff in".

No fair minded neighbour is going to say no.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That could have been a good opportunity to get to know your neighbours and form a good relationship.

"Hey mate, my name's Armchair Critic. Live next door. Anyway, my bins haven't been dleivered, and i was wondering I could possibly use yours to put some stuff in".

No fair minded neighbour is going to say no.
It’s all good I’ve got my eye on the cougar across the road instead.
So far I’ve noticed there’s no man on the scene.

What gave it away was she mowed the lawn with an electric mower!
Hopefully I won’t be moving in on someone’s ex wife who posts here?

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends on is this neighbour a friend I'd sometimes do with my neighbour if they had space and on occasions they would put in my bin only if there was space. our bins are small as fuck.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather put my garbage in my green or yellow bin than other people's bins because I think it's uncivilised and a bit wrong. Ive asked those fat cat, dirty money grubbers for a larger or second red garbage bin but was refused So they can deal with it.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It takes me two to three weeks to fill my house bin. So putting my otto out usually doesn't happen more than once a month. I can't see how people create so much rubbish in a week that they're needing to use other peoples bins.
Man, after a month that bin must have a smell that would knock a possum out of a tree!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never generate enough waste to fill my bin, so have never done it, but I have no issues with it.
My neighbours use mine all the time. so long as they don't over fill it, why should i give a fuck ?
Its all going to the same place.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man, after a month that bin must have a smell that would knock a possum out of a tree!
Not really. I don't waste food scraps. I can usually make a feed of all my leftovers the next day. If I have something like a chicken carcass to throw away I'll put my bin out early. But I just don't create a lot of waste.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really. I don't waste food scraps. I can usually make a feed of all my leftovers the next day. If I have something like a chicken carcass to throw away I'll put my bin out early. But I just don't create a lot of waste.
I could probably go a month as well (admittedly we still have the larger bins here), but the nappy smell would start being an issue.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I never generate enough waste to fill my bin, so have never done it, but I have no issues with it.
My neighbours use mine all the time. so long as they don't over fill it, why should i give a fuck ?
Its all going to the same place.
As long as they are putting their rubbish in bags that don't break and you have a neighbour's smelly whatever going through it.

Depends on how often you rinse your bin out too...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could probably go a month as well (admittedly we still have the larger bins here), but the nappy smell would start being an issue.
We only have the small Otto bins. Two medium bin bags fit comfortably, three with a little bit of force. But my kitchen bin was what I was talking about. I take between two to three weeks to fill a medium garbage bag. I'd probably fill them quicker if 2/3rds of my meals weren't eaten at work. I'm living alone though.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you ever at least had a chat with the old Italian guy about using his bin? Maybe take his bins out and put them back in? Give him a nice bottle of wine at Christmas?
The nicest man in the street

My pops and him have a mutual relationship. Dad fixes stuff for him in his backyard when it goes bust, and he gives us mangoes from his tree *insert drooling emoji*

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it depends on whos doing it, for example i would have no problem with it if its a sexy lady or some guy that looks like he could beat me in a fight