Fans' predictions: Where each club will finish in 2019 - Bulldogs 15th

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer Woods Mbye gave us a combined 2.4 mill a season at least. Even if we allow a percentage of say 200k a season each for mbye and woods. Thats at least 2 mill plus we had 500k left.

Thats fucking 2.5 mill to sign 8 players. How hard is that for you to understand?

Ok we signed napa meaney cricton and chn. Say napa is on 600k the others 300k each. Then we promoted another 3 minimum wage players to the top 30 as we still have 1 spot left. These 7 players make a total 1.8 mill and thats being genrous. We should at least have 700k left in cap.
Woods and Mbye were 2 puting us over the cap, so moving them on saved nothing, freed up nothing. Your $2.4m wasn’t enough, we needed more still to save the ~$3m necessary so others had to go, just to get down to $9.6m. You may not like it but them’s the facts,

Klemmer was different because that did free up some cap.

Go Dogs

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods and Mbye were 2 puting us over the cap, so moving them on saved nothing, freed up nothing. But we needed more still, so others had to go, just to get down to $9.6m. You may not like it but them’s the facts,

Klemmer was different because that did free up some cap.

Go Dogs
Where are you getting your bullshit info from?

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Recruitment is pathetic. Instead of signing either norman barba or johnson we sign napa meaney coggar
Recruitment is pathetic. Instead of signing either norman barba or johnson we sign napa meaney coggar and cricton
I actually do think Napa will prove the doubters wrong he will bring the mongrel we need, as for the norman , barba club wont take a risk on these guys , Johnson on the other hand we should off made play for

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your so smart show me the audit Einstein?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course not, but the NRL report was published. Maybe you need to do some research.

Go Dogs
Hahahaha yeah ok the nrl published a report of our salary cap and you are the only person thats seen it. Your so full of shit.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahaha yeah ok the nrl published a report of our salary cap and you are the only person thats seen it. Your so full of shit.
I suggest you do your own research, the reporting is on the NRL website so I doubt I am the only one to see it.
Try "Bulldogs Salary Cap 2017 or 2018" then read for a while, there's plenty to keep you busy.
I also attended the Football Club members meetings in 2016, 2017 and 2018, the latter 2 years the salary cap situation was talked about extensively. Plus I also attended the Members forum earlier this year, where the new Bulldogs Board plus NRL executives spelt out our salary cap issues for 2018, 2019 and 2020.

Go Dogs

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggest you do your own research, the reporting is on the NRL website so I doubt I am the only one to see it.
Try "Bulldogs Salary Cap 2017 or 2018" then read for a while, there's plenty to keep you busy.
I also attended the Football Club members meetings in 2016, 2017 and 2018 the latter 2 years the salary cap situation was talked about extensively.

Go Dogs
Ohh yeah was this the same forum in 2018 where Andrew Hill said we have 500k to sign 5 players? And the same forum that greenberg and bettie attended?

Or was it a forum which you made up in your head?

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Better than being tipped for a grand final, only to finish 15-16 ala Cowboys and Parra...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you in denial, that we didn't have a salary cap issue at? That every player we moved on could be replaced by someone of equal value? OK, if that's what you truly believe, despite there being plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Go Dogs

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you in denial, that we didn't have a salary cap issue at? That every player we moved on could be replaced by someone of equal value? OK, if that's what you truly believe, despite there being plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Go Dogs
Did or didnt andrew hill say we have over 500k to sign 5 players?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh, but I do agree with the other points Mr I made.

Besides, who cares about predictions. In the past we were never rated to finish high on the ladder and we ended up winning comps.
Canterbury are a very different club to other clubs in regards to player rosters.
We are at our best when we have our own coming through the system, history shows this. We went away from that over the last 10 years or so.
Looks like we are going back to that now, but it won't happen overnight.
Yeah but we can’t rely on this in 2018

We need to recruit

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is only one club that matters...!!!!

GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS GO DOGS

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last season was very unpredictable, I went awful in the tipping comp because so many favorite teams were getting beaten.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Seems like you dont want to answer my question. Case closed.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nrl is in trouble, the talent across all 16 teams is a joke, the Roosters are loaded and untouchable! Just be supportive of the club no matter where we finish, it's going to be a long few years. We should be greatful we witnessed our club win premierships in the past, and you can purchase a copy of most of our premierships, most other teams can't say that! Baring a miracle of us signing or producing a super talented team, we're in for a long drought of premierships.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As long as we are higher than Knights, Tigers, and Sharks.

If Knights miss the 8 it'll be funny as fuck if we make it instead.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have as much chance at winning the premiership as any other team.

Fuck the stats