Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Couple real big humans in that group

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like a very promising team. A few schoolboys, some state reps, few kids with big wrap on them.
Potentially best u20 team for dogs since 2010?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Raiders have pinched Bailey Simonsson after his stint in Rugby. Fucking Des costing us that kid.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raiders have pinched Bailey Simonsson after his stint in Rugby. Fucking Des costing us that kid.
Speaking of old names Will Kerr is back playing for the Camden Rams.
Yes bloody wonderful....they are learning younger and younger these days how to work the system.

Simmonson; thanks Desmond.....

Did we not give Kerr a leave of absence to pursue romance overseas? Let's see..... what club has the Camden Rams a group 6 club in its catchment area??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did we not give Kerr a leave of absence to pursue romance overseas? Let's see..... what club has the Camden Rams a group 6 club in its catchment area??
Castle said they suspended his contract for a year when he went overseas but who knows if that was true or not. I think Camden is a Tigers catchment area but I don’t think footy is really a priority for Kerr so I doubt he will make it.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
She was a paid bullshit artist.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Castle said they suspended his contract for a year when he went overseas but who knows if that was true or not. I think Camden is a Tigers catchment area but I don’t think footy is really a priority for Kerr so I doubt he will make it.
Came to us as a 12 year old from the Rams.Showed promise and has ability so won't be happy if he goes on to kill it at another club considering the time we invested in him. We lose him yet re-sign others from the lower grade sides that would have been less of a priority.

If we did suspend the contract then he surely would have been expected to honour it when he returned, but then what is a contract? I gues it depends on what actually took place and the validity of the story.

http://www.stgregs.nsw.edu.au/assets/pdf/Media/kerr.pdf

AS a 12-year-old running around for the Camden Rams, the Canterbury Bulldogs knew Will Kerr had talent and they signed him up. Despite playing his football in the heart of Wests Tigers territory, the former Mawarra Public School student managed to slip through the local NRL side's claws. Now, aged 15, half-back Kerr has confirmed what the Bulldogs knew all along as well as his place among the nation's sporting elite after being selected in the Australian Under-15 Merit Squad. It's Kerr's first selection in an Australian representative side. "The other day I got the jersey out of the cupboard and I was like 'I just made the Australian side'," he said. "It kind of hit me then because on the day! was a bit shocked. "It's a bit surreal, I was a bit surprised to be picked. "It all feels real now." Kerr earned selection in the - Mustralian side after standout performances for the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges at the national championships. He admits a green and gold jersey was the last thing on his mind at the beginning of the year. "I set small goals every year — small goals to achieve big goals," he said. "This year I set myself the goal of making the NSW CCC side which I did. "I was really happy to just make the NSW side, I was over the moon. "So obviously making the Aussie side was massive." Kerr has never been one to back down. While he admits the prospect of stopping someone like Australian teammate Christian Poutua who stands at 192cm, weighs 98kg and runs 100 metres in 12 seconds can be daunting, he sees his size as an advantage. "It's a bit scary with massive boys out there but I'm used to being little and smaller than the rest of them," he said. "I suppose once the big boys get tired, I'm a bit quicker than them and faster around the ruck. "I've got a bit of speed so I just bum them up when they get tired." Bad news for Tigers fans, too, with Kerr pledging his allegiance to the Bulldogs. "The Bulldogs have treated me really well so I can't see myself leaving," he said.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we did suspend the contract then he surely would have been expected to honour it when he returned, but then what is a contract? I gues it depends on what actually took place and the validity of the story.
Who knows if the suspension of the contract even happened. I guess a lot depends on if Kerr wants to even play footy at that level again he might just be playing out there with his mates. If he was willing to walk away last time then maybe his heart isn’t truely in it.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys. Dont panic. My understanding of the terms of his original release was that he could play 'park' footy but if he wanted to head back to the NRL it has to be with us. Juniors who have been in the development system have 'transfer fees' attached to them and the fact he was with the dogs from age 12, his fees will be quite sizeable. If he kicks on, we'll get first bite.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From what I've heard regarding Kerr is that he is only back for a few months, his partner doesn't want to live in Australia and he was really enjoying rugby in England.

ItalianGreyhound

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes bloody wonderful....they are learning younger and younger these days how to work the system.

Simmonson; thanks Desmond.....

I think you'll find Simmonson is a Canberra junior so now that he's finished school in Sydney (Newington) he's probably playing closer to home.

Taukamo was unbelievable at 11 to 14 years of age. Fastest in NSW over 100m, a foot taller and 30kg heavier than all his age. Everyone caught up and now he's a foot shorter, big backside and a bit soft from playing out wide all his life. Released from South's for being a lazy trainer. Heard he cried when preseason NRL training got hard!

Why would Kerr come back when Sultana forced him to starting hooker at SG? He was better than Wakeham but they couldn't see it. Just like Reed Mahoney was the best hooker by far that year and he sat behind Kerr getting 5 mins a game!! No idea.

If the Dogs are smart they should tie up Tyrone Harding long term. Awesome talent. Like a young GI but with an even better kicking game. He's the best 5/8 option but will play fullback

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think you'll find Simmonson is a Canberra junior so now that he's finished school in Sydney (Newington) he's probably playing closer to home.

Taukamo was unbelievable at 11 to 14 years of age. Fastest in NSW over 100m, a foot taller and 30kg heavier than all his age. Everyone caught up and now he's a foot shorter, big backside and a bit soft from playing out wide all his life. Released from South's for being a lazy trainer. Heard he cried when preseason NRL training got hard!

Why would Kerr come back when Sultana forced him to starting hooker at SG? He was better than Wakeham but they couldn't see it. Just like Reed Mahoney was the best hooker by far that year and he sat behind Kerr getting 5 mins a game!! No idea.

If the Dogs are smart they should tie up Tyrone Harding long term. Awesome talent. Like a young GI but with an even better kicking game. He's the best 5/8 option but will play fullback
Gotta disagree with you there mate unless you've seen something I havent watched him play a few times this year played well against the weak sides went missing against the better sides over and over his performance in sg ball grand final was disgusting, let 2 tries in and ran for a whopping 30 meters, hates contact full stop. Known amongst his team mates as the koala, protected by warren McDonnell, speaking with coaching staff of ah ball at hammondville oval during the season, they all question his toughness or lack of to go any further, just hope if he's playing full back he doesn't keep shying away from that hard carry early in tackle count, it gets harder and harder us you go up in level

ItalianGreyhound

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with you there mate unless you've seen something I havent watched him play a few times this year played well against the weak sides went missing against the better sides over and over his performance in sg ball grand final was disgusting, let 2 tries in and ran for a whopping 30 meters, hates contact full stop. Known amongst his team mates as the koala, protected by warren McDonnell, speaking with coaching staff of ah ball at hammondville oval during the season, they all question his toughness or lack of to go any further, just hope if he's playing full back he doesn't keep shying away from that hard carry early in tackle count, it gets harder and harder us you go up in level
Point taken about the toughness, it's the one intangible difficult to measure until you see them in a prize fight. On talent he's worth signing long term. He had shoulder surgery 2017 and may lack confidence in contact. Same as Zac Saddler, could be anything if he gets his fitness and mojo back after long layoff with knee. Patience key for both.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agree with you on the situation a few years back with Reed Mahoney - defensively he was a class above but hardly got any minutes. Harding im not sure about.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
New players in the 20's squad are:
  • Josh Broad and Cooper Lewis are unknowns atm.
Could both be spelling errors.

Joshua Board - half from Orange CYMS/Western Rams U18
Lewis Cooper - Sawtell U18/First Grade

???

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could both be spelling errors.

Joshua Board - half from Orange CYMS/Western Rams U18
Lewis Cooper - Sawtell U18/First Grade

???
Lewis Cooper, all reports are good,prop,backrower quicker than most centres,Tough country kid,will definitely be one to follow if homesickness doesn’t get to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.