Fans' predictions: Where each club will finish in 2019 - Bulldogs 15th

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, seems like most fans are not expecting anything from the dogs next season. I kind of don't mind that, but I was surprised to see us that low on the radar. I personally see us finishing somewhere around 7th to 10th area if I had to make a prediction this early.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/22/fans-predictions-where-each-club-will-finish-in-2019/

-----------

With around 240,000 votes counted, NRL fans are tipping improvements from the Knights and Cowboys in 2019, with the Sydney Roosters raging hot favourites to win back-to-back premierships.

Footy fans have had their say on each club's chances of winning the 2019 competition, making the top eight, just missing the eight or finishing at the foot of the ladder.

The Roosters are the only team widely predicted to finish the year as premiers, with Newcastle and North Queensland are expected to challenge for a finals berth after missing the eight last season.

A huge amount of off-season player and coaching moves have swung the voting in the past couple of weeks, with Brisbane and South Sydney both receiving bumps after finalising their long-anticipated coach switch.

Cronulla, who have replaced Valentine Holmes with Shaun Johnson, are expected to slide from fourth to seventh, while Johnson's old club the Warriors and a Bulldogs team which lost David Klemmer to Newcastle are both tipped to drop three places on the ladder to 11th and 15th respectively.

Using a formula of two points for every vote a club gets to win the premiership, one point for top eight, -1 for just missing the finals and -2 for bottom of the ladder, here are the fans' rankings for each of the 16 clubs.

Premiers 2nd to 8th 9th to 12th 13th to 16th
1. Roosters 48% (-1) 44% (+2) 3% 6%
2. Rabbitohs 27% (+3) 59% (-1) 10% (-1) 5%
3. Storm 17 (-1)% 69% 9% 5%
4. Panthers 19% (-2) 59% (+1) 16% (+1) 6%
5. Broncos 22% (+2) 49% 20% (-2) 8% (-1)
6. Dragons 21% 48% (-1) 24% (+1) 7%
7. Sharks 11% (+3) 60% (-4) 21% 8% (+1)
8. Knights 8% (-1) 58% 25% 9%
9. Cowboys 15% (-1) 39% (-1) 32% (+1) 14%
10. Wests Tigers 9% 37% (-2) 36% (+1) 18%
11. Warriors 7% 30% (-1) 36% 27% (+1)
12. Raiders 5% (-1) 24% (-2) 49% (+1) 22% (+1)
13. Sea Eagles 7% (-1) 24% (-1) 28% 41% (+2)
14. Titans 3% 19% (-1) 33% 45% (+2)
15. Bulldogs 5% (-1) 14% (-1) 26% (+1) 55% (+1)
16. Eels 6% 10% (-1) 19% 65% (+1)
As of December 13

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's hard argue against that table ATM.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last time I looked, we were 2nd last in the betting markets too, so it's not just the fans.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering we were robbed on a few occasions last season plus the turmoil surrounding the club we could have just missed the 8. The fact we have a somewhat better squad next season and are more settled, dropping a few places seems unfair.. bring in the underdogs! Sneaky 8th.

Reactions: GDR

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering we were robbed on a few occasions last season plus the turmoil surrounding the club we could have just missed the 8. The fact we have a somewhat better squad next season and are more settled, dropping a few places seems unfair.. bring in the underdogs! Sneaky 8th.
Exactly a few big teams will slip we will be ok

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I very much agree. Don't see any reason we should be ranked lower than Cows (how did they get 9th?), Titans, Manly, Raiders, Tigers at least. Broncos are way too high on that list too, but not surprising as they have a large fan base.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant see us 15th tbh. Alot of teams above us are absolutely basket cases. Adn havent improved their roster much at all. Think we'll sit 9th - 12th with a healthy squad, higher if our boys click. We lost alot of close games last year with dismal goal kicking.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's hard to make a case for us finishing anything above 10th at the minute. There's way too many questions and weak points in the back line, halves and hooker.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Extremely accurate predictions, last season the Cowboys were predicted to finish 2nd and finished 13th. The year before the Raiders were predicted to finish 2nd and finished 10th. Based on that record if I was Rabbits supporter I'd be really worried about being predicted to finish 2nd next season :fearscream:

Go Dogs

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why our club is sitting on our hands and not signing any quality spine players or outside backs. We released klemmer but signed napa instead of promoting renouf or orgden to replace klemmer.

Meanwhile barba norman johnson have signed with new clubs all can signle handly change a game on there own.

Why the fuck are we sitting on hands and not signing any quality backs?

And noone fucking tell me we have no money after releasing klemmer woods mbye.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why our club is sitting on our hands and not signing any quality spine players or outside backs. We released klemmer but signed napa instead of promoting renouf or orgden to replace klemmer.
Meanwhile barba norman johnson have signed with new clubs all can signle handly change a game on there own.
Woods and Mbye (plus a number of others) were moved on to get down to the salary cap, so they didn't actually release any cap space.
Personally I don't think Ogden or To'Omaga were ready to lead a forward pack, not saying that they won't be in the future. But they need to earn it, with their commitment, training, playing and attitude on and of the field.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

We don't have that type of money for those type of players its pretty simple.

We might have if we didn't sign Napa but we did and to be honest it was a huge risk relying on Tolman to lead the pack and hoping Renouf and Ogden step up to NRL level.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Surely the Titans will finish higher than the Tigers, Warriors and Sea Eagles and Raiders. They have a decent team for 2019 and depth. Defence on the edges will be their biggest issue.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Doggies to be a surprise packet, they are not in it to make up the numbers, I think Pay has the hang of it now after a slow start to this year.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We might have if we didn't sign Napa but we did and to be honest it was a huge risk relying on Tolman to lead the pack and hoping Renouf and Ogden step up to NRL level.
And these guys werent on the market when we had Money from Klemmer. I think Napa was the right call. Woods/Mbye didnt free up cash as you said.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wheres our money. We released woods mbye klemmer for gods sake. Thats a combined total of at least 2.4 million a year. I know we signed napa which was fucking stuiped. But where is the rest of money.

Napas money should have been given to johnson or norman.