The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
when your neighbours are having a party and not only cranking terrible rap, but 'trying' to sing along to it.... die
I was walking down the road the other day and this meth head was trying to rap along with something, i burst out laughing that hard ,i think i may have offended him lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had that in an old house in Marrickville in my younger days. I had an array of mosquito repelling solutions (coils and those things you plug in. Seemed to so the trick.
I used to put the coils on but they would end up going out during the night and I'd wake up in the middle of the night under attack

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to put the coils on but they would end up going out during the night and I'd wake up in the middle of the night under attack
Then give the plug in thingys from Mortein a go (I think it works best if you have a powerpoint near the window). TBH, I have no real idea how they work, but they seem to.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
DOEs Sydney have those Lime scooters like we have in Brisbane? You would LOVE those...

Never seen one of them in my life. We used to have those crappy yellow bikes littered all over the city though. Fuck they pissed me off. Haven't seen one now in a few months thankfully.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never seen one of them in my life. We used to have those crappy yellow bikes littered all over the city though. Fuck they pissed me off. Haven't seen one now in a few months thankfully.

We have the bikes you have to return to a particular locking station. They seem to be ok, as they are mostly used by tourists to ride along the river or on bike paths.

But the new scooters are a bit like the ofo bikes in that you just leave them wherever. As the scooters are motorised, they are picked up in the evening, taken somewhere to charge and them returned early the next morning. No idea how much they cost to use, but i was tempted to try on last Friday when I had to get to a function on the opposite end of the city. Getting used to seeing them around, but i hope they are paying the Council good coin to take up the space on the footpath.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then give the plug in thingys from Mortein a go (I think it works best if you have a powerpoint near the window). TBH, I have no real idea how they work, but they seem to.
Next time I live in an apartment like that I will definitely :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
they are worse on the road... especially the big packs of the cnts
On the footpath why do I always have to give way to them? Bike riders are Karmichaels no matter where they ride.

- On the footpath, pedestrians (who have right of way) have to give way to them to avoid being run over
- On the road, cars have to drive slowly and carefully around them because they're slow fuckers
- In the air, gravity has something to say about them so that's no use

Honestly... they're a pain in the arse anywhere they go!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the footpath why do I always have to give way to them? Bike riders are Karmichaels no matter where they ride.

- On the footpath, pedestrians (who have right of way) have to give way to them to avoid being run over
- On the road, cars have to drive slowly and carefully around them because they're slow fuckers
- In the air, gravity has something to say about them so that's no use

Honestly... they're a pain in the arse anywhere they go!

funniest is when you're on a bike track, sticking to one side, taking fa room up, and from behind you hear the *ding ding* like ****, there is plenty of room to ride past... feel like sticking my arm out for a coat hanger

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
fuck I had that same problem living in an old apartment in Croydon... no fly screens.... so it was like, windows closed and melt, or windows open and get raped by mosquitoes
HOT TIP RE MOSQUITOES .. buy a pedestal/tower fan and have it blowing across the bed (yeah yeah I know that sounds dirty)...

Even at low speed it actually works, because mosquitoes are weak flying insects. The slightest breeze and they can't actually land or bite you, and have trouble staying in the air in one spot (so no buzzing around).

Problem is if a horde of thousands invade you'll still hear them.

The house behind me is now a share house of a group of 20 somethings. They actually have the occasional 2am rap battle on their rear deck. Admittedly one of them is quite good, but the others are always pretty ordinary.
There's only two types of people that engage in rap battles: Niggers or Wiggers.

Let me guess.. Addidas and Reebok trackies, flat brimmed hat wearing, wiggers from Qlds South Eastside!!

Why doesn't your landlord give that house the basics it needs for comfortable living? Every night from mid-November-early April my bedroom window is open, weather conditions contingent. Fly screen does wonders. I enjoyed a nice breeze in my bedroom window last night while watching some tv show I fell asleep to.
I could leave the windows and balcony door open, but chances are bugs will get in, plus theres a streetlight outside our house (albeit not too bad), but I can't sleep unless theres near complete darkness.

I think you'll find most ended up in Sydney Harbour/Darling Harbour.

Just like the bikes in Melb that ended up the same way, and the Boris Bikes which ended up filling up the Thames.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
HOT TIP RE MOSQUITOES .. buy a pedestal/tower fan and have it blowing across the bed (yeah yeah I know that sounds dirty)...

Even at low speed it actually works, because mosquitoes are weak flying insects. The slightest breeze and they can't actually land or bite you, and have trouble staying in the air in one spot (so no buzzing around).

Problem is if a horde of thousands invade you'll still hear them..
Or better still lie on your stomach and fart..the noise will drown out their buzz.,and the wind will blow em a way.. If you are @south of heaven the smell will kill em!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Or better still lie on your stomach and fart..the noise will drown out their buzz.,and the wind will blow em a way.. If you are @south of heaven the smell will kill em!
I'll let you run that idea by my wife... with a Labrador and a husband farting with smell that would wake the dead, I think that idea will get hosed down quickly :D

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll let you run that idea by my wife... with a Labrador and a husband farting with smell that would wake the dead, I think that idea will get hosed down quickly :D
At least you and the Lab will be enjoying a quiet mozzie free night!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I like your work.... Nothing worse than the incoming sound as it gets closer and closer then you begin slapping the fuck out of your face..... silence ensues.... nek minet.. bzzzzzz "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" light on.. nowhere to be found... light off.. bzzzzzzz....... and repeat

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I like your work.... Nothing worse than the incoming sound as it gets closer and closer then you begin slapping the fuck out of your face..... silence ensues.... nek minet.. bzzzzzz "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" light on.. nowhere to be found... light off.. bzzzzzzz....... and repeat
Oh fuck yeah ... always the way and my ears and sensitive to higher pitch noises, so drives me to insanity almost.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh fuck yeah ... always the way and my ears and sensitive to higher pitch noises, so drives me to insanity almost.
Nothing is worse than flies that don't buzzing around your head on a hot summer morning.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know what's fucked... Cicadas... SHUT THE FUCK UP

Wahesh

Reaction score
You know what's fucked... Cicadas... SHUT THE FUCK UP
Fuck yes. The only thing worse than those annoying Karmichaels is idiots who purposely make their motorbikes and cars excessively loud!