Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don’t think he’s bad signing considering who else was on the market at the time he is only 26 so as they would say he is going into his peak years as a front rower , I just think they will be harsher on him in Dogs jersey , look at graham or Ennis how they were treated when they were no longer playing for the dogs and when they played for us they were hammered all the time
Yes I agree with you re Ennis and Graham.......they both liked a bit of niggle and both were very good in their respective positions......they played hard and pushed the envelope when they played for us......that is still to be seen with Napa and for mine the guy finds it hard to put two words together and as mentioned has broken his current contract......I believe he'll go through the motions and put in a good game or two but I don't believe will win a premiership with him as he tends be similar to Klemmer and be rather selfish with the ball in hand......Yes forwards are there to make good yards but they also need a good passing game......I'm not sold on him until I see him play in the blue and white for at least 4 to 6 rounds......or should I say Round 9 against Newcastle.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you re Ennis and Graham.......they both liked a bit of niggle and both were very good in their respective positions......they played hard and pushed the envelope when they played for us......that is still to be seen with Napa and for mine the guy finds it hard to put two words together and as mentioned has broken his current contract......I believe he'll go through the motions and put in a good game or two but I don't believe will win a premiership with him as he tends be similar to Klemmer and be rather selfish with the ball in hand......Yes forwards are there to make good yards but they also need a good passing game......I'm not sold on him until I see him play in the blue and white for at least 4 to 6 rounds......or should I say Round 9 against Newcastle.

Napa is a premiership winner....

Thing is, in our biggest games of recent, Grand Finals etc, we've been dominated... and we have really lacked that Dogs of War mentality in those efforts... Napa's biggest impact comes in attacking with his defence, changing the momentum of a game... sure he is only one player... but the inspiration he will be for our younger players especially is not to be underestimated

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give me Big Klem at our club any day of the week, fuck off blood nut!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would have kept Klemmer if he wanted to stay, no problems, but since hes gone i see Napa as a sidegrade from Klemmer. I dont think our chances changed for 2019 with that swap.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

that's just sad.... how about showing a little respect to the bloke, he is a one of the pack

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is a premiership winner....

Thing is, in our biggest games of recent, Grand Finals etc, we've been dominated... and we have really lacked that Dogs of War mentality in those efforts... Napa's biggest impact comes in attacking with his defence, changing the momentum of a game... sure he is only one player... but the inspiration he will be for our younger players especially is not to be underestimated
I’ve seen him come through Holden Cup at the Roosters & shortened up Tariq Sims in his debut.Napa will bring fear & intimidation to our pack it’ll be infectious. He’s actually a very well mannered genuine bloke with a bit of swagger. He’s an astute signing- just wait & see.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the Xmas video with Napa and CHN. They both look like they are fitting in well and at home with us. Both look genuinely happy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just watched the Xmas video with Napa and CHN. They both look like they are fitting in well and at home with us. Both look genuinely happy.
Could it be the start of a new bromance?

Starting to really warm to Napa... comes across as a bit of a character... albeit not the brightest light in the house.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Starting to really warm to Napa... comes across as a bit of a character... albeit not the brightest light in the house.
It appears that at the moment team morale is through the roof compared to this season. If we start next season with a win we’ll snowball into confidence filled form, like the end of this season and be unstoppable. Pray for 3 wins from the first three games, then sit back and watch the entertainers in action.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bash brothers... I'm excited that we will have these two in our defensive line.... CHN's line speed is intense

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bash brothers... I'm excited that we will have these two in our defensive line.... CHN's line speed is intense
He's looking alot leaner in the Pics I saw of him. Think Pay has him earmarked for Centres??
I am looking forward to next year at the moment. Yes we have some issues, but Youth brings eagerness to succeed. boys are geling well togther, maybe a few that are now not with the club were causing offfield dramas?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's looking alot leaner in the Pics I saw of him. Think Pay has him earmarked for Centres??
I am looking forward to next year at the moment. Yes we have some issues, but Youth brings eagerness to succeed. boys are geling well togther, maybe a few that are now not with the club were causing offfield dramas?
Signing another edge forward didn't really make sense at the time, but I'll be surprised to see him move back to the centres.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing another edge forward didn't really make sense at the time, but I'll be surprised to see him move back to the centres.
I actually thought the same. I think he is a solid player and I am happy to have him in the blue and white but the back row is probably where we have the most depth already.
Regardless, hopefully it inspires all the boys playing on the edges to play their best footy!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think napa will be a great signing for the club and even for himself to be a part of our re build and he will see what a great club we are