Official 2019 Position Breakdown: Halves

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think having Lewis doing the bulk of the general field kicking will allow Foran to more concentrate on his edge and save his Hammies for taking on the line. If we can have the runners pushing up with him on his edge I expect we will see more chances down that side than this last season. With the kicking responsibilities away from Foran he will also more likely last for longer too.

Also having Lewis as the general field kicker will give us more options on the last as early in the season last year with Foran in the Halves and Mbye at the back Mbye would often need to place himself for taking the kick rather than in the backline creating an overlap. I think Foran and Lewis in the Halves with someone capable out the back will be better for our overall balance in attack.

What does concern me though, is if the extra pressure on Lewis does compromise his kicking game we don't really have a solid alternative. We really need a DH with a good kicking game.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think having Lewis doing the bulk of the general field kicking will allow Foran to more concentrate on his edge and save his Hammies for taking on the line. If we can have the runners pushing up with him on his edge I expect we will see more chances down that side than this last season. With the kicking responsibilities away from Foran he will also more likely last for longer too.

Also having Lewis as the general field kicker will give us more options on the last as early in the season last year with Foran in the Halves and Mbye at the back Mbye would often need to place himself for taking the kick rather than in the backline creating an overlap. I think Foran and Lewis in the Halves with someone capable out the back will be better for our overall balance in attack.

What does concern me though, is if the extra pressure on Lewis does compromise his kicking game we don't really have a solid alternative. We really need a DH with a good kicking game.
With Foran and Jackson (who has a nifty short kicking game) on the right with Holland and Smith plus Hopoate chiming in I think we are well covered on that side.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yh lets have everyone else do Forans job, awesome.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched every minute of Coggers first grade games through a magnifier glass and came up with this assessment ;
Good short kicking game. long kick non-existent. A good organiser and plays to a structure. Not creative or threatening. Good ball distributor . Support play not great. Tries hard in D but his small frame makes it hard for him to be effective .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate Foran has never had a kicking game

But he is a brilliant 5/8
He previously had an effective short kicking game and was more than capable contributing with a long kicking game whenever it was required. Either way what Foran used to be is irrelevant because he isn't and won't ever be that player again. He isn't a brilliant anything.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh lets have everyone else do Forans job, awesome.
Foran definitely needs help cause he is only on a lazy mill.

Mbye did all the kicking, yet Foran was ever so courageous taking it to the line and getting hit! You wouldn't think it in a physical game called Rugby league?

These same posters are the ones that "bang on", that, "on his day, he is the best" and that Munster doesnt come close...lol...which fucken dickhead would take foran over munster is beyond me

The hypocrisy of the kennel is mind blowing. Mbye and Woods were absolutely hammered on here, yet that **** rash foran didnt contribute to 10% compared to Woods & Mbye

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foran definitely needs help cause he is only on a lazy mill.

Mbye did all the kicking, yet Foran was ever so courageous taking it to the line and getting hit! You wouldn't think it in a physical game called Rugby league?

These same posters are the ones that "bang on", that, "on his day, he is the best" and that Munster doesnt come close...lol...which fucken dickhead would take foran over munster is beyond me

The hypocrisy of the kennel is mind blowing. Mbye and Woods were absolutely hammered on here, yet that **** rash foran didnt contribute to 10% compared to Woods & Mbye
People are just so desperate clinging onto Foran and can't accept that he isn't what he once used to be. He might have some good moments and even some good games to start the season, but it simply won't last very long. He can't handle the grind of week to week footy and he will continue to be nothing but a major waste of cap for yet abother season.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People are just so desperate clinging onto Foran and can't accept that he isn't what he once used to be. He might have some good moments and even some good games to start the season, but it simply won't last very long. He can't handle the grind of week to week footy and he will continue to be nothing but a major waste of cap for yet abother season.

Nobody is clinging... we're just optimistic that we MIGHT be able to get SOMETHING out of him.. because either way, he's taking up a fair chunk of our cap, and doesn't appear to be going anywhere at this point, and constantly whinging about him won't change that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nobody is clinging... we're just optimistic that we MIGHT be able to get SOMETHING out of him.. because either way, he's taking up a fair chunk of our cap, and doesn't appear to be going anywhere at this point, and constantly whinging about him won't change that
And being optimistic won't change anything either.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He previously had an effective short kicking game and was more than capable contributing with a long kicking game whenever it was required. Either way what Foran used to be is irrelevant because he isn't and won't ever be that player again. He isn't a brilliant anything.
He’s brilliant at milking contracts out of clubs, based on what he did 5 years ago.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham has to get the ball more he was starved of it last time. We need to see what he can do with it before we can make a judge on him. This is particular in first grade