News MPs consider introducing OPT OUT Organ Donation Policy.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, can't wait to hear a simple response? Even a 10 year old can shut this question down. I don't see a can of worms, I see a lame attempt to try to buckle the donors.

You don't need the person to die to access blood, I know blood donation is a new thing lol But you're alive when donating blood.

All due respect, compare apples to apples mate when debating. It doesn't strenghten your case, just weakens it by making you look like you are struggling to clutch at straws.
Clutching at straws.
If you want to donate, go hard. Sounds like you are a donor or have got an organ from a donor. That’s great champ. But before preaching to others, remember everyone has a reason.
I am a big believer of donating blood. We reproduce blood and our nation is short of it.
But I’m not going to sit here and state that only blood donors can get blood. That’s bullshit. I want to because I want to.
Same goes with organ donors.
People like yourself who demand others donate or pay/die if you ever need one, is shocking.

Clutch at that one

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
St Vincent's is even worse than Blacktown, half the patients smoke right at the front door, the fat slobby "Security" do fuck all. Us transplant patients can't even passive smoke.

I waiting 5 years, lost 80kgs and had 3 surgeries just to be put on the list. I'm not going to let some junkie motherfuckers further hurt mine or any other patients health.
It's really weird/sad seeing someone in hospital PJs, dragging a drip and having a durrie outside a hospital.

Now THAT's a junkie.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Or the life you save might be one of your loved ones.

It would be pretty fucking stupid to wish for a donor just because you want your organs to turn to shit rather than save a life or 2.

My shitty old heart saved 3 babies in Westmead because they managed to salvage 3 working valves before sending it to Dr Victor Chang's research facility.
I've just read about your health history @ASSASSIN. You've done remarkably well. Congratulations on your life decisions......you've made admirable and courageous choices.....goodonya! Go Dogs!!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Opening up a can of worms here.
So going off what some kennelers are saying about not being able to get an organ if you’re not a donor, then in theory you shouldn’t be able to receive blood in a time of need, say after a motor vehicle accident, if you are not a blood donor?
I would think that blood donations are more important than organ donations.
Can’t wait to hear responses about this one
I was actually quite surprised that the 'conspiracy aspect' of this idea has not been mentioned. You know the one you see in movies where your blood type is known and your organs are used when you are very much healthy and still have need for them......going to the highest bidder...wait that is already happening in sourcing of organs from third world countries..that really makes my blood boil.....

I see where you are coming from, but blood donation is a different kettle of fish altogether,you can't compare it to an organ donation; sometimes blood donations are in short supply but mostly readily available for use on anyone. Blood only keeps for a set period of time after extraction and is used in many varied forms, not just whole blood. People for the most part are quite happy to donate blood (just like most who are happy to be an organ donor) but no one ( okay apart from some religious groups) can veto your right to give blood because you are alive and kicking and do it of your own free will then and there. Maybe for some the thought of their mortality or that of their loved ones prevents them from giving the tick of approval for harvesting of organs.

Much like organ donation...you are alive when you make your decision because you can't do it when you are dead, but nevertheless it is meant to take place in the event of your death, if you understand what I mean.YOU and you alone have made the decision and as I said before to me it is disrespectful of your wishes to do good if another family member can then rescind that wish....
If you don't want to donate then have the opt out option by all means

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was replying to Mr I about not using religious purposes as an excuse.
Please read up on what I was replying to understand before thinking you’re talking to a child.
I’ll donate to whoever I want to donate when I’m alive. When I’m dead, I’ll take what I have with me into the earth.
Hey, that's great...

When did I demand anything you dud? Why should non donor scavengers have access to organs? Give me one good reason why? You want something without returning? Then fkn pay for it.

I just hope you or your family and friends don't need a transplant. Actually forget about you.

And I talk to you like a child when you ask childish questions.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Clutching at straws.
If you want to donate, go hard. Sounds like you are a donor or have got an organ from a donor. That’s great champ. But before preaching to others, remember everyone has a reason.
I am a big believer of donating blood. We reproduce blood and our nation is short of it.
But I’m not going to sit here and state that only blood donors can get blood. That’s bullshit. I want to because I want to.
People like yourself who demand others donate or pay/die if you ever need one, is shocking.

Clutch at that one
Go clutch at someone that gives a fuck about you.
You're lack of brainpower is shocking.

You can take your organs and shove them up your corpse.

I'm not pushing anything, blood is different to organs, maybe someone will donate a brain to you.

You find nothing wrong with receiving an organ but get triggered about donating one? There are plenty of names for you and you ilk.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I've just read about your health history @ASSASSIN. You've done remarkably well. Congratulations on your life decisions......you've made admirable and courageous choices.....goodonya! Go Dogs!!!
Thanks brother, the good people on here have supported me for the last 7 years and counting.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe some people disagree with this.

No I don't want to hear your reason.

FFS: You are fucking dead, you don't need your organs. (End of story)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Clutching at straws.

Clutch at that one
With all due respect Sleeky, I'm not sure you've followed @ASSASSIN s journey. Allow me to elaborate on why this one is close to me... there are two good reasons.

Not all that far in the past Assassin was near death. He's died technically something like 12 times now. His issue required a heart transplant.

Healthy as a young adult before (and he can correct me if I'm wrong here), but I believe it was cardio myocarditis changed his life and that of his wife and 2(?) kids. He went from healthy and happy adult to completely crippled and unable to work, and barely able to get out of bed.

After the heart transplant came (after some years) when he was knocking hard on deaths door, he assumed that all would be good. Not quite.

He's had complication after complication as his body has attempted to reject the new heart that had to come from NZ because a suitable organ was not available in Australia. That heart had 2 hours left before it would have been discarded and unusable.

His thyroids been killed off because they thought that was to blame, he's had half a dozen other things go wrong, and as recently as a week ago was in St Vincents having plasma replaced in his blood in an attempt to stop rejection.

If there's anyones opinion on this topic that should be heard it's one of two people.

#1 Assassin.
#2 Dropbear (aka Peter).

You may not know about or remember Peter, so let me assist.

Peter was a Parra supporter who came to this forum for reasons unknown initially. I think it was to shit stir. Around that time we organised a fundraiser for Assassin, because he was not working (still isn't medically allowed years on) and was paying a mortgage on a new home, and trying to support his kids on a single income.

Peter saw this and took the fundraising details over to One Eyed Eel. Parra fans got onboard and spread the word and a mutual friendship in the fanbase blossomed. Parra fans raised a lot of money as well for Assassin... and the two forums came together. They also organised a BBQ for Assassin (I think it was Peter, @dogluva, @south of heaven and a few others - albeit my recollection is slightly foggy there).

Peter also posted up details for a Parra fan who required surgery on an brain tumour. We shared that fundraising link.

Peter gave so much of his own time to here and the Parra forum, but behind the username he harboured a secret. Peter was dieing and needed a kidney transplant.

Several times he was ready to head to hospital only to find a non match.

Sadly Peter passed away before a kidney match was never found. We passed on condolences to his family and friends, and he holds a special place not only in my heart for his contributions to the fanbases, but also a special place across both fanbases.

Why do I say all this? Well if more organs were available, Assassin might have had a match sooner, but more importantly Peter may still be with us today.

Nobody can deny that more organs in an organ bank means more lives eventually saved.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible

I didn't know much of what you posted. (about the fundraiser etc)

Maybe I wasn't posting that much around that time. (I have certainly caught the posting bug)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible

I didn't know much of what you posted. (about the fundraiser etc)

Maybe I wasn't posting that much around that time. (I have certainly caught the posting bug)
Yeah Dogluva can fill in most of the blank or correct anything I've got skewed, but Peter was definitely involved in the efforts.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people just can't come to terms with the thought of it.

I know Its irrational thinking but it sits in your mind as an uncomfortable thought knowing that when you die they will be opening you up and taking body parts.

I think it's hard to grasp the concept of your body being only a vessel for your soul.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Some people just can't come to terms with the thought of it.

I know Its irrational thinking but it sits in your mind as an uncomfortable thought knowing that when you die they will be opening you up and taking body parts.

I think it's hard to grasp the concept of your body being only a vessel for your soul.
I don't mind if people say no, I mind when people say no and expect a organ when they need it.

I'm not saying non donors can't access organs, they can pay for them and the money can be reinvested into hospitals.

Scavenger scumbags

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't mind if people say no, I mind when people say no and expect a organ when they need it.

Scavenger scumbags
when you look at it that way it helps people snap out of the irrationality of it all. The selfishness or ignorance that people have with this issue. Its a mature and selfless decision to donate

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off imbocile, go preach to others about giving their organs out
He's not preaching, he's saying each to their own and then posing the question..
Why should a non donor expect a donated body part? Fair question

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just cleaned up this thread. Come on everyone... debate the post not the poster.

If you can't post without directly targeting or abusing a user, you'll be removed from the conversation.

That said, remember that some people have (and are still living through) the ups and downs of organ transplant, and their opinions should be respected given they have personal experience on how such a topic impacts not only them but their friends and family.

I'm not saying that their opinion is right or wrong, just that it should be respected, not thrown away or abused.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just cleaned up this thread. Come on everyone... debate the post not the poster.

If you can't post without directly targeting or abusing a user, you'll be removed from the conversation.

That said, remember that some people have (and are still living through) the ups and downs of organ transplant, and their opinions should be respected given they have personal experience on how such a topic impacts not only them but their friends and family.

I'm not saying that their opinion is right or wrong, just that it should be respected, not thrown away or abused.
I just wanted a fair debate, not comparing apples to oranges. I guess we can't debate since kids can join the forum...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Peter was a Parra supporter who came to this forum for reasons unknown initially. I think it was to shit stir. Around that time we organised a fundraiser for Assassin, because he was not working (still isn't medically allowed years on) and was paying a mortgage on a new home, and trying to support his kids on a single income.
Did plenty of the shit stir Mr I but was a fair-minded gentleman who initially was asking along the lines of if anyone could assist in the sourcing of and donation of old bike parts to assist the manufacture of wheelchairs for third world countries.

Many a lively conversation to be sure but never ever breached the protocol of being well behaved. Opinions many and varied but never overstepped.Great man even though he was a Parra fan which we joked about all the time.

That BBQ at Belmore was a great day and I was lucky to meet the man Assassin himself, his family, plus some other like minded kennelers. Good people all of them.

Hear, hear.

Everyone has an opinion on things other wise the world would be a terribly boring old place and even though we may agree to disagree at times we should respect those point of views even though they may differ from ours , sometimes greatly.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many a lively conversation to be sure but never ever breached the protocol of being well behaved. Opinions many and varied but never overstepped.Great man even though he was a Parra fan which we joked about all the time.
The type of people we need more of unfortunately... Well behaved.
A lot of people respected him, may he Rest In Peace

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not saying non donors can't access organs, they can pay for them and the money can be reinvested into hospitals.

Scavenger scumbags
Can I ask a personal question? Did you have a stance or opinion about this before you needed a transplant?
I think some people may not understand how important organ donation is if it’s never affected them.
I still think the answer actually lies with stem cells and being able to grow organs in a lab.