News MPs consider introducing OPT OUT Organ Donation Policy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious as to why this is such a "stupid" idea? Maybe payment towards funeral costs as a thank you is a good thing.
Because it'll seem like the government making money off peoples organs.

Yeh I cant agree with that. The thought of letting someone die just because they're not donors themselves doesnt sit right with me

Sometimes it also takes a moment like this that convinces people to become donors and to make sure it does happen.
But if it's opt in it removes that issue. I think what they are talking about is if this new idea goes ahead, and the person opts out, then they also lose any right to a transplant organ (from another human). Am I right @dogluva @CroydonDog ??

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Opening up a can of worms here.
So going off what some kennelers are saying about not being able to get an organ if you’re not a donor, then in theory you shouldn’t be able to receive blood in a time of need, say after a motor vehicle accident, if you are not a blood donor?
I would think that blood donations are more important than organ donations.
Can’t wait to hear responses about this one

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeh I cant agree with that. The thought of letting someone die just because they're not donors themselves doesnt sit right with me

Sometimes it also takes a moment like this that convinces people to become donors and to make sure it does happen.
How did I know you wouldn't agree to that? Why should you get a benefit when you choose to not donate? We already have a commie system in the dole.

I already have the solution, they have to pay for the transplant and everything that comes with it. Pay, donate or die. Straight talk that should piss someone off.

My surgery alone was 750k.

PS people who say no wouldn't be convinced by logic and truth when you have cults like Jehovah's witnesses who watch their kids die before even accepting blood transfusions.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So going off what some kennelers are saying about not being able to get an organ if you’re not a donor, then in theory you shouldn’t be able to receive blood in a time of need, say after a motor vehicle accident, if you are not a blood donor?
Lol, can't wait to hear a simple response? Even a 10 year old can shut this question down. I don't see a can of worms, I see a lame attempt to try to buckle the donors.

You don't need the person to die to access blood, I know blood donation is a new thing lol But you're alive when donating blood.

All due respect, compare apples to apples mate when debating. It doesn't strenghten your case, just weakens it by making you look like you are struggling to clutch at straws.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Because it'll seem like the government making money off peoples organs.

But if it's opt in it removes that issue. I think what they are talking about is if this new idea goes ahead, and the person opts out, then they also lose any right to a transplant organ (from another human). Am I right @dogluva @CroydonDog ??
3 options

Pay
Donate - given a chance until put on waiting list
Die

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your body, your rules. If you don’t want to donate, then don’t. No reasons needed. That’s not what our politicians are there to decide.
Plenty of things they can’t even do now let alone forcing us to donate our body parts.

That’s my two cents Mr I :innocent:
1. Nobody is forcing anyone

2. Opt out

What's the triggering for?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Have always been a donor and also give blood.

God help the poor souls who end up with my abused organs lol.

I see a dystopian future where humans are advertised like fine cuts of steak.

100% organically reared, virgin rainwater distilled, grain fed, 20/80 oxygen saturated prime adult lungs pre-filled with pure Himalayan skunk for a smooth transition.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How did I know you wouldn't agree to that? Why should you get a benefit when you choose to not donate? We already have a commie system in the dole.

I already have the solution, they have to pay for the transplant and everything that comes with it. Pay, donate or die. Straight talk that should piss someone off.

My surgery alone was 750k.

PS people who say no wouldn't be convinced by logic and truth when you have cults like Jehovah's witnesses who watch their kids die before even accepting blood transfusions.
Just doesnt sit right with me. Whether someone opts in or out, I feel that society is choosing to let people die if this path of you only get a donation if yourself are a donor applied.

And of course these circumstances wont change everyone's mind but it will some people

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have always been a donor and also give blood.

God help the poor souls who end up with my abused organs lol.

I see a dystopian future where humans are advertised like fine cuts of steak.

100% organically reared, virgin rainwater distilled, grain fed, 20/80 oxygen saturated prime adult lungs pre-filled with pure Himalayan skunk for a smooth transition.
If only people did not stand in the way of research, we would eventually get to a stage where we can grow these organs in tubes

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think that if people want to Opt Out they should be able to whatever the reasons - religious or not. Some people just don't want it for whatever reason. I personally support this and the way I see it, is that organs cannot function without a soul. Once you die, your soul moves on, so why leave a perfectly good organ capable of being functional inside you when someone with a soul can use it instead? The death of the donor will not be in vain and it will give someone else a 2nd chance at life. It's sad and a waste if your lifeless body can save the life of say 5 different people and you choose not to for whatever the reason. If someone needs my heart/lungs/liver, whatever when I die, go for it.

I do think there should be age limitations on the donors though, eg over a certain age is a cut-off line.

Last edited:

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree 100% @ASSASSIN @MrI and others.
I think that the ability to give, or to enhance, the life of another is a hugely rewarding quality that we as humans have the power to provide. It's totally in our control and is an attribute that distinguishes us from other animals....and if you want to take it further I'd recommend joining the Body Donor Programme (conducted by the Uni of Sydney)....though I fully understand that there are a numerous religious problems that could be encountered.....damn religion.

If you're thinking about organ donation go for it....the life you save could be mine.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If only people did not stand in the way of research, we would eventually get to a stage where we can grow these organs in tubes
I believe skin is already being produced in labs for skin grafts and such but you are right we have been held back for bs religious reasons [playing god] for far too long.
But there is also a huge ethical and morality issue when governments have already been cloning human embryos for stem cell research.

How long are scientists allowed to poke prod and extract the anatomy of an embryo? Until it grows arms and legs? Until has recognisable facial features?

The current law is; cloned embryos must be destroyed after 14 days and cannot be implanted in a woman.
More disturbingly a bill was amended to prevent the national health and medical research council from granting licences for human-animal hybrid embryos.

Basically we have given licence to create a human life so that it can be destroyed. After seeing the process of abortions on the ytube and viewing my own son at 20 weeks tossing turning and kicking his legs there is alot that does not sit right with me when it comes to human embryo cloning.

Surely there are other, more ethical practices to study biology, anotomy and such?

Attachments

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you have a point TBH.

My beef with blood donation is that there way too many exclusions. I used to donate in High School (use to get out of maths class), and then for many years, but now, due to some factors, I am excluded, even though I have absolutely no signs of any diseases etc that would prevent me.

There is a blood collection truck right outside my office as we speak actually :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Blood these days (is in early stages) of being lab manufactured. Got family that are firmly in the blood "industry".

Blood is also different to organs because organs are in lower supply than blood reserves (which can actually get transported across the globe - unlike organs which have a lower half life).

The way I see it, if you've abused your body or are not willing to share your organs with others why should you benefit from a healthy organ that's donated.

I'd go furthur and cut off medical services to those that don't take treatment seriously.

@ASSASSIN (given his hospital visits and surgeries can probably back me up here), but the number of people you see outside (for example) Blacktown Hospital on a chemo machine or other drip, near the carpark, puffing down cigarettes is astounding. Now sorry, but if you arent' going to take your treatment and recovery seriously, disconnect the IV lines, send their arse home, and give the bed to someone who will take it seriously.

I was visiting Blacktown for over a month almost daily earlier this year and you'd often see 5 odd at any time smoking away.

What will be interesting is they are currently in first stages of growing organs on other animals and just recently transplanted (I'd have to look it up), but from memory it was a heart grown on a pig, into a monkey.

Can I throw another situation your way for thought @Sleeky?

Lets say the person is NOT an organ donor. They get a new heart transplanted and then weeks later they die from an unrelated issue (lets say car crash). The transplanted heart they got is still viable (as are their lungs). However because of red tape nad opting out, theres not only a healthy heart from a donor, but other organs now left to rot.

@CroydonDog Re the money side of things, rather than money for organs, why not offer $500 off a funeral or something (government rebate) if the person is a donor, and $1000 off if it's a cremation.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN @dogluva @Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this as people who have been closely impacted by organ transplants.

Personally I think it's a brilliant idea andd should be introduced. Opt Out should be available, however there should be valid reasons given for opting out (and religious reasons should NOT be one of them).

Our population is changing and we honestly need organs from all walks of life to ensure the best possible match with replacements.

Bring it on in my opinion.
I agree too, why it took so long to come up, with this idea FFS

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I donated my old heart to St Vinnies, and they are aboit 6 years away from human testing of creating a human heart in a lab. It uses your DNA and have no rejection.

God speed science!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree too, why it took so long to come up, with this idea FFS
They didn't come up with it bro, they copied more advanced countries that have been doing it for years.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Blood these days (is in early stages) of being lab manufactured. Got family that are firmly in the blood "industry".

Blood is also different to organs because organs are in lower supply than blood reserves (which can actually get transported across the globe - unlike organs which have a lower half life).

The way I see it, if you've abused your body or are not willing to share your organs with others why should you benefit from a healthy organ that's donated.

I'd go furthur and cut off medical services to those that don't take treatment seriously.

@ASSASSIN (given his hospital visits and surgeries can probably back me up here), but the number of people you see outside (for example) Blacktown Hospital on a chemo machine or other drip, near the carpark, puffing down cigarettes is astounding. Now sorry, but if you arent' going to take your treatment and recovery seriously, disconnect the IV lines, send their arse home, and give the bed to someone who will take it seriously.

I was visiting Blacktown for over a month almost daily earlier this year and you'd often see 5 odd at any time smoking away.

What will be interesting is they are currently in first stages of growing organs on other animals and just recently transplanted (I'd have to look it up), but from memory it was a heart grown on a pig, into a monkey.

Can I throw another situation your way for thought @Sleeky?

Lets say the person is NOT an organ donor. They get a new heart transplanted and then weeks later they die from an unrelated issue (lets say car crash). The transplanted heart they got is still viable (as are their lungs). However because of red tape nad opting out, theres not only a healthy heart from a donor, but other organs now left to rot.

@CroydonDog Re the money side of things, rather than money for organs, why not offer $500 off a funeral or something (government rebate) if the person is a donor, and $1000 off if it's a cremation.
St Vincent's is even worse than Blacktown, half the patients smoke right at the front door, the fat slobby "Security" do fuck all. Us transplant patients can't even passive smoke.

I waiting 5 years, lost 80kgs and had 3 surgeries just to be put on the list. I'm not going to let some junkie motherfuckers further hurt mine or any other patients health.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree 100% @ASSASSIN @MrI and others.
I think that the ability to give, or to enhance, the life of another is a hugely rewarding quality that we as humans have the power to provide. It's totally in our control and is an attribute that distinguishes us from other animals....and if you want to take it further I'd recommend joining the Body Donor Programme (conducted by the Uni of Sydney)....though I fully understand that there are a numerous religious problems that could be encountered.....damn religion.

If you're thinking about organ donation go for it....the life you save could be mine.
Or the life you save might be one of your loved ones.

It would be pretty fucking stupid to wish for a donor just because you want your organs to turn to shit rather than save a life or 2.

My shitty old heart saved 3 babies in Westmead because they managed to salvage 3 working valves before sending it to Dr Victor Chang's research facility.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Nobody is forcing anyone

2. Opt out

What's the triggering for?
I was replying to Mr I about not using religious purposes as an excuse.
Please read up on what I was replying to understand before thinking you’re talking to a child.
I’ll donate to whoever I want to donate when I’m alive. When I’m dead, I’ll take what I have with me into the earth.