VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Keita
Shaqiri

Salah
Firmino
Sturridge
I wouldn't play Sturridge and Shaqiri together in that line up unless we're playing smaller teams. Both won't do enough defensively and i'd rather Keita not be bogged down with so much defensive work. I'm also not liking how Klopp forces Salah up to striker with Shaqiri in the side. Also not sure how you would play that frontline.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't play Sturridge and Shaqiri together in that line up unless we're playing smaller teams. Both won't do enough defensively and i'd rather Keita not be bogged down with so much defensive work. I'm also not liking how Klopp forces Salah up to striker with Shaqiri in the side. Also not sure how you would play that frontline.
Shaqiri has done his job in defense this year. He's not lazy at Liverpool. Salah to play on the wing. Sturridge is our best striker.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Shaqiri has done his job in defense this year. He's not lazy at Liverpool. Salah to play on the wing. Sturridge is our best striker.
Na he doesn't do enough to play in midfield yet, that's why Bobby is stuck playing deeper to pick up the slack. Sturridge at striker doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. I prefer him a little deeper like he was to finish the game this morning and letting him drift around a little more. Either way the gap between our midfield and frontline needs to be addressed.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Na he doesn't do enough to play in midfield yet, that's why Bobby is stuck playing deeper to pick up the slack. Sturridge at striker doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. I prefer him a little deeper like he was to finish the game this morning and letting him drift around a little more. Either way the gap between our midfield and frontline needs to be addressed.
That's not why Firmino plays deeper. Klopp is just now using the formation he used at Dortmund and wants Salah central to use his pace.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's not why Firmino plays deeper. Klopp is just now using the formation he used at Dortmund and wants Salah central to use his pace.
I don't agree. Shifting Salah to striker isn't beneficial to the team at all and it's more the result of fitting Shaqiri into the side. It takes to much away from what previously worked so well with put front 3.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't agree. Shifting Salah to striker isn't beneficial to the team at all and it's more the result of fitting Shaqiri into the side. It takes to much away from what previously worked so well with put front 3.
I didn't say it was benefictial or that I liked it. I just said that's why Klopp is doing it. He's always preferred a 4-2-3-1 system before coming to Liverpool.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't say it was benefictial or that I liked it. I just said that's why Klopp is doing it. He's always preferred a 4-2-3-1 system before coming to Liverpool.
So why not just keep Bobby up top, Salah wide and Shaqiri in behind Bobby?

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately it does look like that.
Yeah, still a long way to go but they are just a level above everyone at the moment. Can't see them losing a game to be honest, although you's are only two points behind, just have to beat them next time you's play, and keep winning against everyone else

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So why not just keep Bobby up top, Salah wide and Shaqiri in behind Bobby?
Because like I said earlier he wants to use Salah's pace to open the lanes for other players. The system works better when Keita or Ox play but when your 3 midielders are Hendo, Milner and Wijnuldam it's not that effective. Gerrard would've been perfect for this system at his peak.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because like I said earlier he wants to use Salah's pace to open the lanes for other players. The system works better when Keita or Ox play but when your 3 midielders are Hendo, Milner and Wijnuldam it's not that effective. Gerrard would've been perfect for this system at his peak.
I just don't agree with that. Salah's pace is far more effective when he's starting out wide and making is runs back in or getting one on one or in a bit of space. Starting him centrally puts too many players on him and takes away his and others strengths. I just can't see how that's possibly what Klopp wants.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just don't agree with that. Salah's pace is far more effective when he's starting out wide and making is runs back in or getting one on one or in a bit of space. Starting him centrally puts too many players on him and takes away his and others strengths. I just can't see how that's possibly what Klopp wants.
It is what he wants because he's doing it. I also don't think that Klopp sees Firmino as a proper 9. We really should've bought Aubameyang when we had the chance.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It is what he wants because he's doing it. I also don't think that Klopp sees Firmino as a proper 9. We really should've bought Aubameyang when we had the chance.
And i still don't agree that he's doing it to fit Salah in at striker and that it's more to fit Shaqiri into our team and keep us defensively solid as us keeping a clean sheet looks to be top priority for us this season. I just can't believe he would intentionally pull Salah away from a lot of his strengths if he wasn't trying to fit Shaqiri in.

Bobby isn't a proper 9 but what he was doing worked. His off the ball runs were great and that's what created a lot of the space for Mane and Salah to attack. It also helped our frontline stay a lot more fluid. Having him start deeper rather than dropping deeper doesn't look to work.

Either way our midfield is the biggest issue like we both mentioned. Whatever other changes we make won't make that much of a difference with the shit our midfield is currently pulling off. Keita driving into space and dribbling at defenders made a huge difference and brought back our more effective short passing instead of those useless log balls to marked players.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our best 3 midfield when everyone is fit would be Fabinho-Keita-Ox

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klopp is getting really fucking annoying now with his tactics. Keita looked so fucking good in midfield yet he moves him to the fucking wing. Salah again at fucking striker with Booby playing in bloody midfield. Fucking making things hard for no fucking reason.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Trust us to look really good after my rant :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: