News Canterbury put Mad Monday drama behind them, securing $4.2 million in shirt sponsorship

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Onwards an upwards and yes, fuck all the haters, media scum.. hell fuck em all.. the doggies will always be a great club no matter what.

Bring on 2019..!!!!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lol how many times did they remind us about Mad-Monday in the article as if trying to steal the gloss from the sponsorships news. It's like they were forced to write it through gritted teeth, fukin gits! They all eat pieces of shite for breakfast!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Of course there is. This new board and management organized for Klemmer two third party sponsors, one for $80k and another one for $70k. $150k in total for third party for one player. He still wasn’t happy.

But then again, I don’t expect you to believe it.
Wasn't a snide remark mate, maybe you read it as such. I was simply asking if there were tpas coming across with the sponsorship deals.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't a snide remark mate, maybe you read it as such. I was simply asking if there were tpas coming across with the sponsorship deals.
No company that sponsors the club can give a TPA aswell. A company can either give money to the club through sponsorship or to a player through a TPA but under NRL rules it can’t do both.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It goes to show how little everyone else aside from the Tele hacks and the morons at the NRL actually cared about the Mad Monday saga.

They made a huge deal out of nothing, and in the end we got better sponsorship deals. Now the tabloid is probably scheming to try and find out the next way they can try and attack our club. And like always, the club will survive their bullshit and come out of it stronger.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes to show that most of the corporate world thought the ‘outrage’ was a storm in a teacup
So you're telling me Adam Elliot is not as bad as Hitler, Bin Laden and and all of ISIS combined?

But he drank beer.... I don't understand what you're saying.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was he not happy with the total or the fact that the $150k was from TPA’s to begin with and not part of his base salary?
Nah, there's more too it. Let's just leave it there because we're on a Public Forum.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh mate I know it wasn't a snide remark.
Maybe it was you who read too much in what I wrote.

I just know how you feel about people posting players salaries & TPA amounts.
And you have the right to be sceptical about things like that, because a lot of $$ amounts get thrown around about players salaries in the media and rumors and most of it is bullshit.
That's why I said I didn't expect you to believe it.

I'm not aiming it at you, but I wanted to make the point that our club is very cable of organising TPA's for our players because a lot of garbage has been thrown around that our club doesn't do TPA's.
In saying that, TPA's shouldn't be organised by the club anyway, they should be strictly a direct relationship with the sponsor and the player. But that probably doesn't happen, I would think 99% of the time someone within the clubs of the NRL organise these things for players. Which I'm ok with anyway.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But the new management are clueless ....

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mean while sharks are playing in a jersey that looks like the ones at best n less hahaha

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not surprised all the sponsors are with us, with the Teleperve so desperate to show the Dogs in a bad light so often, means more picks of sponsors logos in front of peeps so stoopid they read the Teleperve for their news...

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Excellent. I think our fortunes will turn around soon on the field

Malla

Reaction score
Mad monday next year better be at the waterview

3rdManIn

Waterboy
Reaction score
Of course there is. This new board and management organized for Klemmer two third party sponsors, one for $80k and another one for $70k. $150k in total for third party for one player. He still wasn’t happy.
im a bit confused. isnt it illegal for the club to organise 3rd party sponsors?