Opinion Backline

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's a mystery to me too. His post contact meteres were pretty good in the last few ISP games - he's stronger than I thought. Sometimes he looks lazy though. I've got no idea where his position is or whether he can step up to FG.
When I've seen him play it's almost as if he stops at the line... wish he'd pin the ears back and charge

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Possibly throw Olive in again for a chop at Centre. Had 1 bad game and was shown the door. Has some good speed.

Will all hinge on the trials I guess.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Possibly throw Olive in again for a chop at Centre. Had 1 bad game and was shown the door. Has some good speed.

Will all hinge on the trials I guess.
They better not let Foran in the trials. He will probably get third degree burns and fracture his head somehow knowing him.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if Pay doesn't start R1 with:

1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. Hopoate
4. Holland
5. Smith
Agree. Just like he experimented with moses in round 1 he will give meaney a shot knowing that hoppa is a very safe fullback. He also looks to be doing everything right at training and has some speed actually. Meaney may have a decent year if he gets a run straight away

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okunbur is another Idris... he could come into FG and be a real weapon... then could be super lazy and end up at the Titans before disappearing from the game.. but who knows... he definitely looks the part
I would say a poor man's Idris

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really think I Hopoate will be in the centres, pay started that way last year and I think he will want some experience there defensively now the Morris boys are gone

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really think I Hopoate will be in the centres, pay started that way last year and I think he will want some experience there defensively now the Morris boys are gone
Question is, will he play with enthusiasm? I don't think he was too impressed when he was put there this year and he showed it on the field

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Question is, will he play with enthusiasm? I don't think he was too impressed when he was put there this year and he showed it on the field
If he isn't impressed then he can fucking leave and we can replace him with someone that actually wants to play here. I don't think that is an issue though, i just don't think he is very good at centre lol.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he isn't impressed then he can fucking leave and we can replace him with someone that actually wants to play here. I don't think that is an issue though, i just don't think he is very good at centre lol.

he is better in attack as a fullback but his defence at centre was so so lazy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he is better in attack as a fullback but his defence at centre was so so lazy.
Because he lacks agility and acceleration, pretty much the reason why he is still yet to lock down a position. I think he's best off as a winger. He's smart enough to time his runs and he has the carries, offloads and tackle breaking ability of a top winger in todays game. His ability in the air is great while his finishing is also very good.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because he lacks agility and acceleration, pretty much the reason why he is still yet to lock down a position. I think he's best off as a winger. He's smart enough to time his runs and he has the carries, offloads and tackle breaking ability of a top winger in todays game. His ability in the air is great while his finishing is also very good.
yep, and let's face it, whilst Hoppa has done alright, he is only our current 1 as we had no other options besides B Moz who was always injured

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought backline included 1to 7.

1. Meany
2. Crichton
3. Hopoate
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Crystal ball tells me
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. C R ???
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Crystal ball tells me
1. Meaney
2. Crichton
3. C R ???
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
Love a guessing game.....but C R? ? You talking English super league ?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa is one of those Jack of all trades master of none type as he just lacks the pure physical attributes. He's got decent size but nothing out of the ordinary and like you said just doesn't possess elite speed, acceleration and agility.