Opinion Can JMK be our potential dummy-half for 2019

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh Brown has been dudded, bloke was great at hooker at ISP level yet barely got a look in at firstgrade while JMK and others got loads of chances. Didn't help that when he did get the chance he only got minimal minutes and tried way too hard to pull off something in an attempt to impress Pay lol.
Nu Brown blew his chance in the preseason with poor attitude & effort/ put himself way down the pecking order.! Hopefully picks up where he left off, has more to offer than JMK.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree wit you.
But....Lichaa is on $500K this season in a back ended deal so no way he will play ISP (for the season) on that coin.
Based on this season I don't think Pay will select based on the pay packet. Eastwood was on massive coin and spent most of the year in ISP.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We do have some younger hookers coming through with Ryan Gray and Jason Hetherington's son Zach so there's some light at the end of the tunnel but that doesn't help for this season but hopefully one will turn into a long term solution.
In time though I think having a seasoned pro there for the mean time whilst some kid comes through is a must, for now and future.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest problem JMK has is he doesnt always play the team game. He pretty much plays one out footy.
He has to quickly realise what his job is, and he needs to learn how to do it.
I dont think he is of a first grade standard as yet.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, I mentioned this in a thread earlier this year.
IMO, our best case scenario is that if Foran is fit & can fire
Then

1. Meaney OR Hoppa
6. Lewis
7. Foran
9. Cogger

14. Brown/JMK
I assume you haven't seen Cogger try to tackle before....

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nu Brown blew his chance in the preseason with poor attitude & effort/ put himself way down the pecking order.! Hopefully picks up where he left off, has more to offer than JMK.
Yeah let’s hope he puts in at training. I can see why pay would want to send a message early in his career.

Was demoted out of fg squad for training breaches.
He is easily our most creative option at 9.

Still confused as to the Woolford although I didn’t watch any isp except the semis when he was solid.
Nu brown at 9 jmk bench lichaa isp for 2019

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah let’s hope he puts in at training. I can see why pay would want to send a message early in his career.

Was demoted out of fg squad for training breaches.
He is easily our most creative option at 9.

Still confused as to the Woolford although I didn’t watch any isp except the semis when he was solid.
Nu brown at 9 jmk bench lichaa isp for 2019

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When did he show any kind of game management in the halves? There was multiple times he didn’t even know the tackle count and he didn’t show any kind of vision. I think saying he has excellent passing skills is a stretch he threw some terrible foward passes in the season that has just shouldn’t be thrown by a first grader.
No denying that JMK was playing out of his depth as a starting no. 6 in the NRL, he made misakes as you would expect. But all things considered he made a decent fist of it for a 3rd choice makeshift in the position.

The team always looked better with him at 9 and reject no. 6's always make the best 9's.

He will do well, but Pay has to loose his hard-on for Lichha first!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not think jmk would be anywhere near as good as a hooker as any top 8 side has currently. For some reason I just don’t rate the kid. He did absaloutly nothing last year to impress me and I hope to god he proves me wrong this year. But I did read somewhere we are signing another hooker apparently but again I’m sick of reading and hearing rumours. If we can nail a decent hooker we might be in for a chance for a top 8 spot next season.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree wit you.
But....Lichaa is on $500K this season in a back ended deal so no way he will play ISP (for the season) on that coin.
He will be starting hooker in 2019. Pay had the opportunity to drop him this season and didn’t because there was no one he felt was any more capable than him. Next year the same three players are involved, nothing is changing, so on that note I can’t see Pay doing next season what he could have but didn’t do this season.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree wit you.
Where did you get that figure from? I was told by someone at the club that he is on 120k. No one wanted him, why the fuck would we need to pay 500k???
Lichaa is useless, JMK is not the most creative but he has a good pass from dummy half and can tackle. I would take him over Lichaa any day.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Where did you get that figure from? I was told by someone at the club that he is on 120k. No one wanted him, why the fuck would we need to pay 500k???
Lichaa is useless, JMK is not the most creative but he has a good pass from dummy half and can tackle. I would take him over Lichaa any day.
Got told his 2 years was $600.
Minimum last season.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Based on this season I don't think Pay will select based on the pay packet. Eastwood was on massive coin and spent most of the year in ISP.
That is true.
But Eastwood also suffered from medical condition.
Don't get me wrong I would love to see someone else at 9.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't want to write the bloke off as JMK showed promise in grade last year but I don't think he is the answer at 9. His best asset is his willingness in defence which can be utilised at 9, but that's what Liccha does well. Not sure what JMK's best position is in 1st grade, I'm thinking a poor man's Kurt Gidley and a bench spot at best.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We're just gonna have to buy a hooker.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently there was supposed to be an announcement today about a new signing which was apparently a hooker