Halves in Demand as of next year?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Few seasons ago, halves across the game were in high demand and we saw the dumb amounts paid for the likes of Norman, DCE, Ash Taylor, Milford, Hunt, etc.....

Looking forward there are only a few clubs who have secured top to decent halves for the next few years.
Cowboys - Morgan
Melbourne - Munster
Roosters - Keary
Newcastle - Pearce
Penrith - Maloney

Looking at next season off contract halves, you have Brooks, Norman, Moses off contract. Cooper Cronk is retiring.

It seems a lot of clubs wont have decent halves or replacements, as there seems to be a lack of quality halves across the game.

We all know Foran is cooked and all our hopes are on Lewis/Cogger.

I for one do not understand what the Warriors were thinking by releasing Johnson? Yeah he is on overs at $1m, though Norman & Moses are on overs at 900k?

What are peoples thoughts in regards to the demand and lack of halves as of next year?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should go hard for Munster , Keary or Lateral Mitchell (not a half but a player that can win you games).

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should go hard for Munster , Keary or Lateral Mitchell (not a half but a player that can win you games).
None of those players you have mentioned are off contract. I know contracts don’t mean much these days but Mitchell and Munster have just re-signed and we are next to no chance of getting them

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Issue is we are in limbo with foz if his body fails again next year he should do the decent thing and fuck off to England

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Meaney
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
9. Brailey
Will do me just fine

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah signing a 4 year deal means jack shit.
How many players over the past 4-5 years have signed a 3-4 year contract & then after a year or 2 have asked for a release or been shipped to other clubs ?
It’s getting ridiculous. So Luke Keary or a Latrell Mitchell might be under contract but so what.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chooks will release Keary and Mitchell when there used by date is up not one minute before.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't swap the Prince for anyone.. Love the kid, he's going to be some player..