Reaction score
What is Napa overall suspension record?

Up until 3 hours ago I gave zero fks about him

Lol

Reading some comments on here anyone would think we signed J Hoppa or M Geyer

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the way our forwards are shaping. We will be a lot leaner and mobile which I think is needed in the modern game and is an indication that the game plan will be to move the ball around.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolmans worth to the team was shown when he was out due to injury last year. Without him our defense was was shit!!!

oath... he made a big difference when he returned.... he may not feature on highlight reels but he does a lot of dirty work and I am sure the boys appreciate it

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. Release Klemmer so he can earn a similar amount to what we have him on and tie up most of his money on an inferior player for three years.

The club has made the decision. I don't agree with it but hopefully Napa proves me wrong.

Either way, the signings the club has made with the new regime will dictate how they are judged and none moreso than Napa.

Napa will have big shoes to fill and have a lot of scrutiny from the get go because if he does struggle and Klemmer helps Newcastle become a contender, then a lot of fans will be fuming.
The decision belongs ultimately to dib etc, the current people are doing a reasonably good job considering the complete fuck up they confronted

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A change of club could improve him, I refuse to insult anyone I don't know and wait for his effort, good on him for a new start.
100% I think Pay will get the best from him.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please bring back the madness. I don't care even if you get suspended after your first game. Use your head in tackles. Start punch ups. Just be a dog!!
Well Napa's signing has sure bought back the Madness if the Kennel is anything to go by :grinning:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind Napa at least he has an intimidating presence. He might be the heavy hitter we need.

Last edited:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
No i can accept others arguments if they have substance and show me another point of view, still i'm highly unlikely to agree with it.

So far no one has actually put up a strong argument as to why Napa is a signing we need, why he is going to improve us and get us closer to a Premiership.

So tell me, why did we need to sign Napa? Why is signing him better than risking it and going after key spine or outside backs that will hit the market?
Because the dogs best teams have always had an aggressive mobile pack with at least one hitmen ..in the past teams would shit themselves.Look at our last three premierships 2004 Sonny bill,o'meley,price,matua,asotasi,grimaldi...1995 jason smith,dymock,Britt,price gilles,Pay... 1988 Tunks,Gillespie,folkes dunn ,langmack,bugden.
We may not win the premiership next year but guys like Napa exactly fit the bill for the beginning of some aggression in the pack...
Pay knows exactly what he's doing...Just give the guy some time...!!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve read a lot of Marleys posts, he knows what he’s talking about, you can tell he’s not stupid. While I agree with what Marley says, in saying that, I’m happy to back Napa now that he’s wearing the blue and white.
Marley's a blow ass he just likes getting under people's skins, but his rugby league knowledge is quite sound. But no one likes a know it all :grinning:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s just enjoy this news lol, he may be just what we need an he is now a #proudtobeabulldog# and is part of our team and could surprise..!!! Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lets Welcome him.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the dogs best teams have always had an aggressive mobile pack with at least one hitmen ..in the past teams would shit themselves.Look at our last three premierships 2004 Sonny bill,o'meley,price,matua,asotasi,grimaldi...1995 jason smith,dymock,Britt,price gilles,Pay... 1988 Tunks,Gillespie,folkes dunn ,langmack,bugden.
We may not win the premiership next year but guys like Napa exactly fit the bill for the beginning of some aggression in the pack...
Absolutely agree. Well said!! The dogs need to play dirty. They need to be aggressive. They need opponents to fear them. The reffs need to hate us. We are "bulldogs" and from Canterbury- Bankstown. Can't act like we are from the shire. We have bloody lacked aggression for a long time.

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Napa can hit we know this already. jacko can also hit with the best of them hopefully Napa fuels jacko up even more. I'd love to see our captain be the one to fold klemmer before Napa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Napa doesn't fit anything. The blokes reckless and pulls off some spectacular hits because of it, that's it. You talk about mobile forwards yet Napa clearly isn't one. Average ball carrier, no footwork, no offload, no tackle breaking ability, etc.

I genuinely couldn't care less that he's a so called big hitter or his aggressive, that's hardly a high priority in my eyes given our current situation. Defence is also attitude, technique and fitness these days and a lot of that is coached and developed within the culture at the club.

SJ has just come out and said he is leaving the Warriors, this bloke should be our priority target. If us pissing away money on a prop that we hardly needed prevents us from putting forward a strong offer for him then the club is just taking the fucking piss.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully it's not at Belmore otherwise the we love you klem banners will be out and people will be cheering him.
This has always given me the shits about our fans. We all talk about the club bending over but the last couple of years our fans have payed for the privilege to belittle themselves and our club by cheering ex dogs players just because they feel the player was hard done by in some way by the club or the ex player in question was a fan favorite of theirs. If they run out against our team wearing the oppositions jersey they are the enemy and should be jeered and booed not pandered too.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tolmans worth to the team was shown when he was out due to injury last year. Without him our defense was was shit!!!
Yeh most teams need a Tolman like workhorse imo. If you have the right team mix, you shouldn't need players like him to be creating attacking opportunities.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh most teams need a Tolman like workhorse imo. If you have the right team mix, you shouldn't need players like him to be creating attacking opportunities.
Not really. Tolman needs to offer more or he can piss off, the workload needs to be spread and you can't just rely on a few individuals.