Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The moment he signed with that worm Moses that’s when he lost it with help from that grub woods it’s obvious the wife wears the pants
I hope Napa has a good yeah and takes his kangaroo jumper just to say fuck you
There is a positive napa has won a Comp
And the dogs is the place where we’ll we always turn forwards into weapons pre HASLER hopefully the trend can continue

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well played by Knights..

They clearly wanted Klemmer early in the year when it was reported that they asked Chris Anderson if he would release him..

And now they get their man..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, he will not see out a 5 year contract with the Knights.

He will have another excuse a few years down the track and move elsewhere.

Just one reason why I don't get attached to players these days.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

His body will breakdown in three years. No way will he be able to sustain what he does bash and barging for the long term. O’meley’s body gave up by the time he left us and was still at a good age.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

2021, I want to move to the Rooosters cause there is a great high school for my kids to go to
And my wife got a job at Waverley council

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone believes he left for only $100k a year more wake up and give yourself an uppercut,it will be interesting when it all comes out all the shit klemmer has been doing behind the scenes

Last edited:

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we somehow get proof knights made him an offer before this ‘personal reasons’ bullshit excuse came to pass and we then sue them/him for breaching contract.

NRL would still probably do nothing tho the corrupt scumbags

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the club has bended over backwards yet again for a player who wants out mid way through the contract.

This club is a fucken door mat where any player can wipe the dog poo off their shoes and piss on it and walk out.
I'm tipping that newy and klemmer had to cough up some cash, I can't imagine any reason why not. The club HAVE to come clean, can't see any possible reason for a confidentiality clause.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Good riddance, not like we we're going to win a premiership off the back of him alone. if he was going to make an impact and difference to a struggling side, the past two sessons we're his chance to do that and I don't think he stood up enough.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone thinks that klemmer was not predictable with the footy in his hands is blind. Not denying the bloke's ability to gain metres. But, that is all he has done for us and will cpntinue to do at knights. 900k a year for that? Very good decision by the club.

I see a good replacement in Napa. He is strong. Aggressive. Most importantly, knows how to smash players in defence. I see a true dog in his game. Welcome to Belmore!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What Canterbury legend wants to lead the Knights, money hungry wanka, hope you end up fat like me and get dumped.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly doubt his wife had any business acumen alone let alone the ability to negotiate favourable third party agreements.

Just because she keeps his balls in a jar next to her pillow, doesn't make her smart.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of hostility on here towards Klemmer, which I get. Never nice seeing a player walk out on the club ....

Personally I find it laughable that a prop is getting such a long contract and on top dollar. What is it? A reported 860,000$ a year? Those saying he'd be earning similar at the Dogs, perhaps. But I really don't think enough is being made of the length of the contract he got there as that's A LOT to have tied down each year for 5 years. You can say what you want, splashing that amount on a prop is crazy imo. I would've been disappointed had we given him a 5 year contract personally.

Can see why that attracted him though as it gives him stability so I think people need to look at the length of the contract on top of the money. I'd prefer never to see the Dogs giving out 5 year contracts, but 3 with option 1 that can be renegotiated. League is a brutal game on the body, especially when you're a prop whose prime job is to hit it up hard. Plus I think players can go stale knowing they've got nothing to worry about for 5 years ....