Napa Consolidated Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not too worried if Napa doesn't offload because we will get plenty of second phase from the RFM and CHN.

As long as he can get meters and a quick play the ball I'll be happy. He won't get as many meters as Klemmer but hopefully he will have a quicker play the ball.

I think Klemmer's post contact meters are the most over rated thing in the game because he is wrestling for the them and it allows the opposition to control the ruck.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In your opinion, but Qld SOO coaches in Meninga and Walters both don't agree with you. For some reason, not sure why, I tend to value their opinion more than yours.

Go Dogs
And? Following that logic then Woods is a current Australian international and outranks Napa yet most were happy to see him go.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's it for me.......I've followed and loved this club for over 40 years but they have totally lost their way......I was heartened and welcomed the new ticket take over from last year and while I'm not upset that Klemmer has gone but for the life of me I am absolutely shocked at the signing of Dylan Napa to the Bulldogs.......while he has been part of a premiership winning side and played for his state the guy has had TWO major indiscretions from this season with Roosters and is only one more away from a long stint on the sidelines......he's either got a tackling technique problems or the guy is a thug as he should consider himself extremely lucky he didn't spend longer on the sidelines than what he actually did not once but twice........then again when you're at the Roosters, Uncle Nick tends to have plenty of pull.......very much doubt that will be the case at the Bulldogs if he is to have another brainstorm.
Ohhh get over it

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a guy like Pay will get the best out of Napa - master of controlled aggression. I’d rather have Napa then a bloke who who doesn’t want to be here
100% I think Pay will turn him into a real weapon not just a blunt instrument.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Of course they will, they have a sombrero and will likely sign Cam Smith. Fact is, we have great forwards coming through as far as meterage is concerned, but I wouldn't consider them super aggressive.. Dylan will easily be our most aggressive player, and when he does something, it has max impact, and it inspires the players around him.. That's what a Dogs of War mentality is and that's why the club targeted him
Except this isn't the 80s. The club targeted him because they have no ambition.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no point having player who doesn’t want to be here at least Napa is willing to be here welcome to the club Dylan good to get some mongrel back in the pack

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except this isn't the 80s. The club targeted him because they have no ambition.
Mate you need to get over it... you’ve been hammering the signing of Napa non stop... and yet he hasn’t even pulled on the jersey yet, get behind the club or go home

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate you need to get over it... you’ve been hammering the signing of Napa non stop... and yet he hasn’t even pulled on the jersey yet, get behind the club or go home
No. We didn't need to sign another fucking prop, especially a 1 dimensional prop that doesn't change shit for us. With out without Napa we aren't relevant. This club has no fucking ambition, fucking weak *****.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In your opinion, but Qld SOO coaches in Meninga and Walters both don't agree with you. For some reason, not sure why, I tend to value their opinion more than yours.

Go Dogs
That's because qld had no one else dude

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sad to see Klemmer go....he’s a monster on the field and gets the team going the right way. Was noticeable when he came off we’d lose our way a bit...I don’t subscribe to the fact that now he’s not a bulldog he’s shit.

What this does (looking at the glass half full), is give the other guys in the pack a chance to stand up, as well as give Napa a change of scenery and an opportunity as a senior leader of a pack.

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
All negative nellies have had their say and its now time welcome a new Bulldog on board. All the knockers seem to forget this guy is a State of Origin forward.
Dean Pay will quickly sort out any indiscretions he may have. He will improve immensely now hes away from Fitzgibbon.
This is so true. Lets all remember Pay was an Australian Prop, Napa will improve so much under Pay, as Klemmer did last year.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A panic signing.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly what we need, some aggression in the pack. Napa can't pad his stats because players are fearful of running at him. He KO'd two Broncos players after all.

Our cap position improves with signing Napa and Klemmer going. We should be ready for some smart recruits in 2020.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy with the signing, he is more opposing then Klemmer and we are paying less money for origin forward. Could be a win win for us I feel. He never was given a chance to be a leader at the roosters. Tell him it’s his pack.