Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" is a phrase describing the persuasive power of numbers, particularly the use of statistics to bolster weak arguments. It is also sometimes colloquially used to doubt statistics used to prove an opponent's point. Lies, Damned lies and Statistics.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this create an opportunity for us to hop in and pinch Ponga, tell him he's the guaranteed fullback? Lock in his SOO role, plus give him a leg up as the Kangaroos fullback later on?

I can't believe that Newcastle are switching Ponga to 5/8, he doesn't look like an organiser to me, more like someone who plays on instinct. I just think at his age he hasn't developed the leadership skills to lead a team around the paddock. Everyone quotes the Lockyer example of a successful switch from fullback to 5/8 , but he was much older and far more experienced. Letting Meaney go because Ponga was the designated fullback and then moving him to 5/8 just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Or .............. it's an indication of where Newcastle thought Meaney was in relation to being their fullback. Something we need to watch out for.

Go Dogs

Dirty*Deeds

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can't believe that Newcastle are switching Ponga to 5/8
Pretty sure there was an interview not long after origin finished, Ponga was saying how he wanted to play 5/8 at Newy.. (maybe the question was fed to him..)
Nathan Brown was asked in a different interview around the same time saying he wouldn't say no to it.. if that's what Ponga wanted..

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure there was an interview not long after origin finished, Ponga was saying how he wanted to play 5/8 at Newy.. (maybe the question was fed to him..)
Nathan Brown was asked in a different interview around the same time saying he wouldn't say no to it.. if that's what Ponga wanted..
I haven’t seen that interview but I’m sure he was asked whilst still at the Cowboys and said he didn’t like playing in the half’s.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Side note, anyone saying what the Fucking eels pay players as an excuse think for a second: that’s why they are in the mess they are.

We need to use the money wisely if we lose klemmer. Napa at 600k isn’t that. At 400k ok. Then use the rest for a gun back or hooker

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much in here is wrong. Klemmer made more offloads than Tuamalolo this year and at 24 he will only get better. If you want to complain about offloads, look prior to 2018 when he was held back by Des. That part of his game has already improved and when you consider props don't hit their peak until 28 to 30 then he is a massive loss for the future. We barely saw an offload from anyone under Hasler. I have rarely seen Napa take 3 defenders to halt his momentum. He has poor leg speed and goes down easily. His minutes are not significantly less than Klemmers. If Napa is such a great impact player, why has Robinson been getting stuck into him for the last 2 years for not stepping up? Why are Roosters fans thrilled to see the back of him? Anyone who has watched the Roosters play over the last few years can count on one hand when Napa actually fired up off the bench. And I can tell you from very good authority that he is a loose cannon off the field and Uncle Nick has done a good job of covering up for him over the years. Far better options for far less out there.
Really ??? You must have the wrong Uncle Nick, you’re claim of his constant off field indiscretions are untrue & baseless- I’m inconstant contact with Roosters coaching & management personnel & have been for the past 12 years.
You don’t like Napa, you make that clear but to fabricate off field ill discipline stories is way off the mark & gives you ZERO credibility

Last edited:

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone thats ever played the game at any level knows that a big uncompromising front rower that has the opposition pack trying to keep away from him, when in possession, is a bloody important part of a team. If Napa can tighten his game up and cut the penalties to a minimum he could at least replace the aggression we lose with Klemmer. I met Kevin Ryan through business when he was our captain coach and I can tell you that he had the same (restrained) aggressive aura off the field as on it. We've had other hard blokes over the years (I only go back to 1966) with that aura on the field eg. Hornery, Robinson, Kelly, Tunks, Gillespie, Pay and O'Meley, all with the right mix of fearlessness and ability. Maybe, just maybe Napa can fill that hole.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Browns a fuckwit. One of the dumbest humans ever. I made an effort to watch every Newcastle post match press conference over the last 3 season. I just laughed listening to him mumble his way through losing so often and which player he’d throw under the bus next. He would often individualise certain players performances as the catalyst for their loss or poor form. I can’t count how many time the flog would go on about how his team are all “Inexperienced kids” but the real kicker was when the oposing team would have players of similar ages who would be killing it, Brown would say how the other teams players are better. Really boosting the confidence of his young and upcoming players! Just lol to Brown. I wish Barret would of swung back at him. He is literally the only coach who could turn a rep player into a fringe first grader. He just has no clue. I can’t wait for Klemmer to play under this devine leader.

Speaks volumes about how incompetent he is when he lets certain players dictate to him, whilst he puts muzzles on everyone else (like Danny Levi, Nathan Ross etc)

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d take Napa but for no longer than 2 years as of right now. Our forward pack without a replacement for Klemmer is absolute butter and Napa would at least add some much needed aggression.

There’s bucket loads of talent off contract at the end of 2020 so if Napa turns out to be a flop then we look to use his + Tolmans $$$ to lure a gun prop. Hopefully by then either To’omaga or Ogden will have developed into a starting prop.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Browns a fuckwit. One of the dumbest humans ever. I made an effort to watch every Newcastle post match press conference over the last 3 season. I just laughed listening to him mumble his way through losing so often and which player he’d throw under the bus next. He would often individualise certain players performances as the catalyst for their loss or poor form. I can’t count how many time the flog would go on about how his team are all “Inexperienced kids” but the real kicker was when the oposing team would have players of similar ages who would be killing it, Brown would say how the other teams players are better. Really boosting the confidence of his young and upcoming players! Just lol to Brown. I wish Barret would of swung back at him. He is literally the only coach who could turn a rep player into a fringe first grader. He just has no clue. I can’t wait for Klemmer to play under this devine leader.

Speaks volumes about how incompetent he is when he lets certain players dictate to him, whilst he puts muzzles on everyone else (like Danny Levi, Nathan Ross etc)
I think its more that Brown is overly critical of his players. He likes to talk down their weaknesses rather than talk up their strengths. It's why I don't think Klemmer and Brown are a good fit, Klemmer does not take criticism well.

Status
Not open for further replies.