Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Kennel whinges at Aaron Woods being paid 800K a year.. but will cop Napa being offered 2million over 3 years..

Out of those 2 situations I would take Woods, at least he makes 100m and gets quick play of the balls..

Woods was also signed to help retain Klem which was fair reason IMO..

In comparison Parra are paying Paulo 800K/yr and now Knights are offering Klem over 1mil a year..
Not a popular opinion here but i agree

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Napa shows aggression once in a blue moon. Everyone recalls the hit on Graham and the game against Souths in 2016 when he was really fired up. With Klemmer you know what you're getting week in week out. He's always going to make big metres and drag defenders with him. Napa is highly unreliable. He made over 100m twice in 2018. The lowest amount Klemmer made all year was 130. People who rate Napa will bang on about stats not meaning anything and make the connection with Hasler and his stats. They will talk about his aggression and what it brings to a side because clearly that is something that isn't measured in stats. But you can't ignore stats completely. Robinson has called out Napa a few times in the last couple of years for not pulling his weight and Roosters fans are keen to see him go. Like Nate Miles, he might fire up for an Origin, but we need more than that. I'm happy to eat humble pie if Pay can get the best out of him and use him to bring back the Dogs of War mentality. But the amount of money being bandied around seems ridiculous given the fact we have forwards between the ages of 20 and 22 who have enormous potential and who we will want to keep in the future. I was really hoping for Fonua-Blake who is much younger and is a really bright prospect and with more attacking nouse than Napa will ever have. But it sounds as though Napa is a foregone conclusion so I guess we have to get behind him and wish him well. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa shows aggression once in a blue moon. Everyone recalls the hit on Graham and the game against Souths in 2016 when he was really fired up. With Klemmer you know what you're getting week in week out. He's always going to make big metres and drag defenders with him. Napa is highly unreliable. He made over 100m twice in 2018. The lowest amount Klemmer made all year was 130. People who rate Napa will bang on about stats not meaning anything and make the connection with Hasler and his stats. They will talk about his aggression and what it brings to a side because clearly that is something that isn't measured in stats. But you can't ignore stats completely. Robinson has called out Napa a few times in the last couple of years for not pulling his weight and Roosters fans are keen to see him go. Like Nate Miles, he might fire up for an Origin, but we need more than that. I'm happy to eat humble pie if Pay can get the best out of him and use him to bring back the Dogs of War mentality. But the amount of money being bandied around seems ridiculous given the fact we have forwards between the ages of 20 and 22 who have enormous potential and who we will want to keep in the future. I was really hoping for Fonua-Blake who is much younger and is a really bright prospect and with more attacking nouse than Napa will ever have. But it sounds as though Napa is a foregone conclusion so I guess we have to get behind him and wish him well. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us.
What a great post.. id shout u a beer but all I can do is click the like button

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm coming around on the Napa idea klemmer gets a lot more minutes then Napa so u can't really compare stats

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
To spite him? Fucking lol. Yh lets just piss away 1.6m+ of our cap to spite him, fucking hell.
We should keep him until we find another decent use for his money. I agree there’s no point keeping him if he doesn’t want to be here, but we shouldn’t be bending over backwards to appease him... or the knights. I’m all for releasing him if we can line up good replacements. An average player and penalty machine like Napa isn’t going to cut it though, imo. Who knows, if we play hardball and refuse to release him for a bit longer, the knights may get desperate and offer us a deal that makes it worth our while.

In a worst case scenario I’m sure he’d still perform for us. He doesn’t want to lose his origin bonus or play badly and reduce his net worth.

Make the jerk and the club who wants to poach him sweat a little.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Utility Half.
The only way I'd ever release him if it CLEARLY benefited us, and by a fair bit..
I don't see Napper swap with Klem fair at all. Especially if reports are true that we're offering Nappa 2 mil for 3 seasons.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the prospect of Knights taking some of our shit at full freight with Klemmar and giving us back a player or two.
Ie:Buy Lichaa and Klem at full frieght, give us Ramien and Levi with a discount.. I don't know. HARDBALL.
I think we're better off with Klem especially considering Paulo is on 800k. We have a bargain with Klem when you think about it. Unless it's too good of deal to ignore, Fuck em. Sharks, Dragons and Tigers raped us with Mbye,Woods,Graham (yes we paid overs to begin with) but why can't we begin to be the ones who fuck other clubs, HARD. Again, ball is in OUR court. They're obviously pretty desperate if they are willing to throw all that money at him.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Kennel whinges at Aaron Woods being paid 800K a year.. but will cop Napa being offered 2million over 3 years..

Out of those 2 situations I would take Woods, at least he makes 100m and gets quick play of the balls..

Woods was also signed to help retain Klem which was fair reason IMO..

In comparison Parra are paying Paulo 800K/yr and now Knights are offering Klem over 1mil a year..
Disagree.

Woods was pedestrian, error prone, and conceded penalties left right and centre. Had nowhere near the sort of impact that a player on 800-900k should have.

His yardage and tackle stats were only fair considering he played big mins.

Just because other clubs are paying the odd forward big overs, it doesn't in any way shape or form justify our fuck up with Woods.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL @ Nathan Brown. He's going to play Connor Watson at fullback, and push Ponga into the halves alongside Pearce.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stats aren’t everything but they also don’t lie

Look across his career and his numbers just don’t stack up very simple

If you need me to explain that an average of 180m per game is more than 77m per game I’d be happy to
Quality over quantity:-
Answer this:-So bringing the ball back from your 10m & making 20m is more valuable than a 10m gain in the opposition 20 is it?
Let me simplify it for you , Klemmer is a Clydesdale that will plough all day, take the ball up nil offloads, slow play the balls & is a powderpuff in defence. He also has very little support in the middle when it comes to metre eaters:-compare Tolman, Fualalo, to Takeaho & JWH. So to compare apples with apples JWH is the main starting middle like Klemmer; now compare their stats.
Napa comes off the bench is a punishing defender & considering his game time makes good metres is strong in possession often taking 3 defenders to halt his momentum.
If you want to compare like for like compare Klemmer to JWH & explain the difference in average game time, hit ups & tackles.
Napa has up until now been predominantly an impact player off the bench. Napa is also a SOO rep player nonetheless.
Rip up the stat sheets & data and watch the football.;trust me you’re eyes won’t lie!You’re problem is paralysis by analysis.
You’re all over the numbers but bereft of football nous.

Last edited:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some on here have been talking about not buying or cancelling membership just because we haven't enforced Klemmers contract.

Enforcing the contract does more harm then good it wastes a large chunk of cap space and can you imagine the media circus around it? Every single press conference would have Klemmer questions.....It would be a huge distraction going forward.

That hurts the whole team more then it makes some point about the club being weak. Sooner of later we will be in the position getting a player mid contract and no one will care less about how much signing a contract means then.

I'm pretty confident this board will get it sorted and you'll have something to cheer for.
I'm waiting to renew membership once there is confirmation he is GONE not staying, I want the pea heart as far away from Belmore as possible! I can't stand napa the grub but I hope we sign just for when we play the knights so he can go head first flying at klemmers head. Anybody who does this to our club is just a piece of shit so fuck off already klemmer you pea stain

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We should keep him until we find another decent use for his money. I agree there’s no point keeping him if he doesn’t want to be here, but we shouldn’t be bending over backwards to appease him... or the knights. I’m all for releasing him if we can line up good replacements. An average player and penalty machine like Napa isn’t going to cut it though, imo. Who knows, if we play hardball and refuse to release him for a bit longer, the knights may get desperate and offer us a deal that makes it worth our while.

In a worst case scenario I’m sure he’d still perform for us. He doesn’t want to lose his origin bonus or play badly and reduce his net worth.

Make the jerk and the club who wants to poach him sweat a little.
I personally don't see it that way. For me there's no benefit in holding him anymore, with him or without him we aren't relevant so why go through the trouble of holding him and what potentially might unfold as the weeks and months go on.

Release him asap so we don't have to piss away anymore of our cap and just bank it instead. I don't even care if we don't bring anyone in for this season, i just want us to have coin so we can actually make competitive offers for key players we REALLY need and will make an actual difference to pir premiership chances.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Quality over quantity:-
Answer this:-So bringing the ball back from your 10m & making 20m is more valuable than a 10m gain in the opposition 20 is it?
Let me simplify it for you , Klemmer is a Clydesdale that will plough all day, take the ball up nil offloads, slow play the balls & is a powderpuff in defence. He also has very little support in the middle when it comes to metre eaters:-compare Tolman, Fualalo, to Takeaho & JWH. So to compare apples with apples JWH is the main starting middle like Klemmer; now compare their stats.
Napa comes off the bench is a punishing defender & considering his game time makes good metres is strong in possession often taking 3 defenders to halt his momentum.
If you want to compare like for like compare Klemmer to JWH & explain the difference in average game time, hit ups & tackles.
Napa has up until now been predominantly an impact player off the bench. Napa is also a SOO rep player nonetheless.
Rip up the stat sheets & data and watch the football.;trust me you’re eyes won’t lie!You’re problem is paralysis by analysis.
You’re all over the numbers but bereft of football nous.
So much in here is wrong. Klemmer made more offloads than Tuamalolo this year and at 24 he will only get better. If you want to complain about offloads, look prior to 2018 when he was held back by Des. That part of his game has already improved and when you consider props don't hit their peak until 28 to 30 then he is a massive loss for the future. We barely saw an offload from anyone under Hasler. I have rarely seen Napa take 3 defenders to halt his momentum. He has poor leg speed and goes down easily. His minutes are not significantly less than Klemmers. If Napa is such a great impact player, why has Robinson been getting stuck into him for the last 2 years for not stepping up? Why are Roosters fans thrilled to see the back of him? Anyone who has watched the Roosters play over the last few years can count on one hand when Napa actually fired up off the bench. And I can tell you from very good authority that he is a loose cannon off the field and Uncle Nick has done a good job of covering up for him over the years. Far better options for far less out there.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As people have said on here if Napa was any good the salary cap cheats wouldn’t be letting him go. I don’t like him at all as I think he would end up being a problem for us with the refs. Klemmer can go we need to start focusing on next season and keep his coin for a gun forward.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
my opinion is if klemmer leaves don't sign Napa just promote Ogden as starting prop and have To'omaga off the bench. Use the Money when the right time comes.
100 % , we should not under any circumstances sign Napa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.