Power rankings: How your club has recruited ahead of the 2019 season

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From foxsports.
Considering they have factored in the exit of klemmer but not his replacement, i am surprised at the high rating we got.
They only rated rooster, cowboys, titans and knights above us in terms of recruitments for 2019.

BULLDOGS — B

Forwards: Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Jayden Okunbor, Ofahiki Ogden, Brandon Wakeham, Chris Smith, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Josh Jackson, Renouf To’omaga, Corey Harawira-Naera, Rhyse Martin, Danny Fualalo, Sauaso Sue, David Klemmer, Fa’amanu Brown (utility), Zac Saddler, Francis Tualau, Michael Lichaa

Backs: Jack Cogger, Nick Meaney, Jeremy Marshall-King, John Olive, Reimis Smith, Christian Crichton, Kerrod Holland, Kieran Foran, Lachlan Lewis, Will Hopoate, Fa’amanu Brown (utility), Marcelo Montoya

Incoming: Jack Cogger, Nick Meaney, Sauaso Sue, Corey Harawira-Naera, Christian Crichton

Best recruit: Corey Harawira-Naera. The Panthers edge back-rower will add plenty in attack, having scored 13 tries from his 46 games at the foot of the mountains.

What do they need?: Assuming they end up losing David Klemmer to the Knights, the Bulldogs desperately need some grunt up front. Their back row has a fair bit of depth but it’s hard to see where they’re going to get their go-forward from, with Aiden Tolman and Sauaso Sue the two notable big-boppers left.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, To'omaga, Ogden, Tualau and potentially RFM if he makes the move. Also have Jackson and Elliott at lock.. there's more than enough to work with so how about the coaching staff do their fucking job and improve their overall game.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only a few short years ago we had a great stock of props.. if the club lets Klemmer go we will be very light upfront

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think zac saddler will replace klem got some decent size about him but he's only young still,

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only a few short years ago we had a great stock of props.. if the club lets Klemmer go we will be very light upfront
We are light with experience for sure. But I have high hopes for Ogden and Renouf. The new bash brothers. Fualalo has not progressed at all so these two guys need to be in before him.

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
I didn't meen right now but I think he will just as good as klemmer, 2 years hopefully progresses wrll

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah Ogden was brought over for being a "hitman" hopefully gets some good minutes to show what he's got, let him out the box I reckon

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, To'omaga, Ogden, Tualau and potentially RFM if he makes the move. Also have Jackson and Elliott at lock.. there's more than enough to work with so how about the coaching staff do their fucking job and improve their overall game.
Tolman: plodder on massive $$$$ gets dominated by diminutive stop gap fullbacks eg Nathan Ross (salary cap burden)
Sue: poor work rate, ball security & lateral movement need to improve.
Fualalo : next........
Ogden: potentially our gun middle forward
Toomaga: looking good with a full preseason preparation.
Tualau: needs to improve work rate defensively.
RFM: doesn’t like the tough stuff is more value on an edge where he can difficult to handle & offload effectively.

Napa: SOO rep despite Kenneller’s concerns has averaged 20games per season since coming into grade. Hits like aBulldog of old Pay, Gillespie, O’Meley. His aggression & sting in defence at the Roosters was infectious & one of the major factors the Roosters were so dominant- don’t underestimate Napa’s contribution over the past 5 seasons!
He’ll be influential in changing our “passive” defence of the past 5 seasons.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.
Attacking structures with backs and a hooker who also provides attacking spark.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman: plodder on massive $$$$ gets dominated by diminutive stop gap fullbacks eg Nathan Ross (salary cap burden)
Sue: poor work rate, ball security & lateral movement need to improve.
Fualalo : next........
Ogden: potentially our gun middle forward
Toomaga: looking good with a full preseason preparation.
Tualau: needs to improve work rate defensively.
RFM: doesn’t like the tough stuff is more value on an edge where he can difficult to handle & offload effectively.

Napa: SOO rep despite Kenneller’s concerns has averaged 20games per season since coming into grade. Hits like aBulldog of old Pay, Gillespie, O’Meley. His aggression & sting in defence at the Roosters was infectious & one of the major factors the Roosters were so dominant- don’t underestimate Napa’s contribution over the past 5 seasons!
He’ll be influential in changing our “passive” defence of the past 5 seasons.
That pack is more than capable enough of doing the job, Napa doesn't change shit. How often have you actually watched the Roosters play in recent years? Serious question. If you did you would actually notice how underwhelming Napa has been and how he has dropped down the pecking order to 4th string prop for them.

Yh he hits hard but more often then not he misses the tackle or worse yet he takes some poor blokes head off. You're underwhelmed by Fualalo yet they both have the exact same impact with the ball in hand, i'd even go as far as to say they have the same impact as Tolmans run if you ignore his stupid 2m runs into the markers, Napa is literally a pillow running the ball.

You talk about his so called status as a rep player yet Woods status was far superior and most didn't want him at any price.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That pack is more than capable enough of doing the job, Napa doesn't change shit. How often have you actually watched the Roosters play in recent years? Serious question. If you did you would actually notice how underwhelming Napa has been and how he has dropped down the pecking order to 4th string prop for them.

Yh he hits hard but more often then not he misses the tackle or worse yet he takes some poor blokes head off. You're underwhelmed by Fualalo yet they both have the exact same impact with the ball in hand, i'd even go as far as to say they have the same impact as Tolmans run if you ignore his stupid 2m runs into the markers, Napa is literally a pillow running the ball.

You talk about his so called status as a rep player yet Woods status was far superior and most didn't want him at any price.
I work for the NRL, I’ve watched every Roosters NRL & Holden Cup match since 2013
That pack you rate will get owned each & every week through the middle .
You seriously mention Woods in the same sentence as Napa????? Woods is the biggest imposter week in week out for us last season.
Fualalo is straight up & down wouldn’t make the top30 anywhere else-poor defence technique & work rate, poor ball security, zero offload & inclined to give away penalties

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I work for the NRL, I’ve watched every Roosters NRL & Holden Cup matches since 2013
Then you should know that Napa has been underwhelming and has dropped off massively compared to where he should be in recent years. You should also know that us signing another prop literally changes nothing, we still won't be relevant with out without him.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree.
We don’t need anymore forwards, we need our current forwards to do their fucking job.
Klems money should be used to get us a hooker or half.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The game is moving away from big boppers and more towards mobile forwards who can play longer minutes.

If the Dogs so badly need a forward, why not toss Greg Eastwood $200k a season for a 1+1 deal in the clubs favour. Cheaper than Napa and he was playing well towards the back end of the season.

Loves the club too!

You missed out Chris Smith, and Rhyse Martin.

Hasn’t even played reserve grade
Also back to back seasons interrupted by major injuries.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was my initial thought when the news about klemmer came out. However i am warming up to the idea of playing with what we have. Hopefully the coaching grp can come up with some plan, e.g utilising our mobility since we potentially will play some edge forwards in the middle.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Then you should know that Napa has been underwhelming and has dropped off massively compared to where he should be in recent years. You should also know that us signing another prop literally changes nothing, we still won't be relevant with out without him.
That's why Napa needs a change.

Under Pay, under his philosophy of madness...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I work for the NRL, I’ve watched every Roosters NRL & Holden Cup match since 2013
That pack you rate will get owned each & every week through the middle .
You seriously mention Woods in the same sentence as Napa????? Woods is the biggest imposter week in week out for us last season.
Fualalo is straight up & down wouldn’t make the top30 anywhere else-poor defence technique & work rate, poor ball security, zero offload & inclined to give away penalties
What do you do for the NRL?